Author Topic: Bear Creek County Kitchens  (Read 8747 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Bear Creek County Kitchens
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2012, 01:05:05 PM »
I try to load up on it when it's on sale which isn't often, and the sale price is usually $2.99.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 01:19:31 PM »
Here's a pic of the homemade chicken noodle soup I'm making for dinner tonight:

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2012, 02:20:30 PM »
Mmm that looks good. I usually go non traditional leading up to thanksgiving so there isn't overload. Things like hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos.  I've got kids and they'd be whining by thanksgiving if we had mashed potatoes  and poultry somewhere earlier in the week so I do more summer fare if the weather is mild like it is this week.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2012, 03:04:44 PM »
I found it at Kroger.  It was $7 for two bags... I bought the 11 oz. potato soup and the 9 oz. chicken noodle.

Looks good.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2012, 03:12:38 PM »
That's a good price, it usually goes for $3.99 here.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2012, 03:36:24 PM »
Big Lots has a sale on it from time to time, and that is when I pick it up.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 10:27:37 AM »
Okay, I tried the Bear Creek County Kitchens creamy potato soup.

Ooops, won't buy that one again.

I forgot to read the list of ingredients.

I suppose there's a lot who like onions in potato soup.

<<not one of those people.

<<next time will read list of ingredients; don't know why I didn't this time.

:racist:

:-)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 08:38:09 PM »
I can't recommend the chicken noodle.  I followed the directions on the package and the vegetables still came out chewy and dehydrated, never mind that the carrots were sliced like potato chips.  I think I'll stick with the canned stuff from now on.  The broth was okay but nothing to write home about.

The potato soup looks promising.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:47:01 PM by Chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2012, 11:07:04 PM »
I simmered last night's chicken noodle soup on the stove for an hour on the lowest setting... now we're getting somewhere.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2012, 11:12:32 PM »
The carrots are a little weird, but everything is basically done in 10 minutes.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 07:55:39 PM »
I finally got a bowl big enough. I should have a review in a day or two.

Offline Karin

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 01:35:38 PM »
I simmered last night's chicken noodle soup on the stove for an hour on the lowest setting... now we're getting somewhere.

Didn't the noodles completely disintegrate by then? 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 04:16:44 PM »
Didn't the noodles completely disintegrate by then? 

Well, when you don't have teeth.......

:tongue:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 07:54:16 PM »
I've been slow about this, because of that awkward experience with the cream of potato soup; I'm still trying to get the taste of onion out of my mouth.

I know onions are immensely popular, and respect that, but damn, I myself don't care for them.

This afternoon I picked up a package of Bear Creek County chicken noodle soup; I'll give that a try this weekend.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 08:42:31 PM »
The ten minute directions on the package aren't really long enough.

Also, it made my whole kitchen stink for a week.

Offline Karin

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 10:14:30 AM »
I just picked up the Minestrone.  The picture looked very attractive.  I'll review in a while, I'll be working on my turkey soup for a while yet. 

Offline Dori

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 11:41:18 AM »
I make all my soups from scratch.  The only packaged soup I use (in a lot of recipes) is the Lipton Beefy Onion mix.  I use it in my vgetable beef soup and I like to use it in my brown gravy.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 12:34:09 PM »
I saw a package of Bear Creek Kitchen's Beef Stroganoff pasta mix, and decided to try it for the heck of it.  Way, way too salty for my tastes

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2012, 07:13:55 PM »
Cheddar broccoli.
Hmmm. No microwave directions. I got a big bowl. used 8 cups (seems like way too much water) and nuked it for 6 minutes. Pulled it out to stir, and the floaties are a golden brown. Not sure it that is the intended result.
kinda watery. Nuked it again for 6 minutes. same thing. tastes better. still watery.
nuked again for 6 minutes. a little thicker now. stirred up the sludge on the bottom. Might be soup.

shoot. I do not own a soup ladle. This makes a LOT of soup. I will probably have to use a measuring cup.
I'm gonna be eating this for a week.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2012, 08:22:15 PM »
OK, I had two bowls. The soup thickened well by the 2nd time around. so this is a success.
Soup is good. not the best, but good. next time I'll try it with less water. I can always add more if needed.

Offline Karin

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 02:22:42 PM »
MM, I substituted a cup of milk for one of the waters.  I had a cold, and needed extra protein.   I threw a cube of butter in there as well.   

For some reason, microwaves and soup don't really get along.  Soup wants a stovetop. 

Offline Karin

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2013, 03:28:27 PM »
I tried the Minestrone, and I can't recommend it.  This company has a carrot problem, and I feel like writing them.  It was probably the same with the chicken noodle.  Those carrot disks come out with the consistency of shoe leather.  They probably want to use the disks to make it look homemade, but it's not working.  They probably need a dice cut. 

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2013, 01:54:45 PM »
MM, I substituted a cup of milk for one of the waters.  I had a cold, and needed extra protein.   I threw a cube of butter in there as well.   

For some reason, microwaves and soup don't really get along.  Soup wants a stovetop. 

Reheating soups in a microwave has always worked well for me. Initial cooking DOES require a stovetop.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson