Author Topic: Philly Activist Group Shreds GOP Voter Registrations  (Read 3937 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Philly Activist Group Shreds GOP Voter Registrations
« on: November 05, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »

The Community Voters Project is a "non-partisan" lefty organization whose mission is to register people to vote, with a particular emphasis on minorities. In the 2008 election, they had offices in 10 states and registered around 300,000 minority voters. So far, so good. This year, however, it seems they aren't registering everyone who wants to vote. Outside a CVP office in Philadelphia, for example, they shredded and threw away numerous registration forms. A number of these were for people trying to register as a Republican.

The picture below will give you a sense of the scale of CVP's fraud. Now that Pennsylvania has come into its own as a Battleground state, more attention needs to be paid to CVP and its efforts in Philadelphia. And it looks like CVP will come out of another election facing indictments and possible criminal proceedings.
Breitbart
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Philly Activist Group Shreds GOP Voter Registrations
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »
I'm sure the DOJ will get right on this.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 07:32:57 PM »

Yeah, sure.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 07:33:05 PM »
Oh how wonderful.  ::)
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 07:36:34 PM »

Maybe after January 20, 2013.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 09:04:12 PM »

The Community Voters Project is a "non-partisan" lefty organization whose mission is to register people to vote, with a particular emphasis on minorities. In the 2008 election, they had offices in 10 states and registered around 300,000 minority voters. So far, so good. This year, however, it seems they aren't registering everyone who wants to vote. Outside a CVP office in Philadelphia, for example, they shredded and threw away numerous registration forms. A number of these were for people trying to register as a Republican.

The picture below will give you a sense of the scale of CVP's fraud. Now that Pennsylvania has come into its own as a Battleground state, more attention needs to be paid to CVP and its efforts in Philadelphia. And it looks like CVP will come out of another election facing indictments and possible criminal proceedings.

I want to know what idiot republican would give their registration form to these dumbasses? Shit on a stick!!!! Get off your ass and go to the registration office yourself!!!! Better yet, after you get registered, vote in every general election and then you won't have to worry about it!!!

The day I turned 18, back in 1982, Pa Perky took me to the county registration office after I got out of school (I turned 18 when I was still in HS) and made me register. And told me that voting was my civic duty and if I ever missed an election he was gonna kick my ass to the middle of next week and when next week came around he was gonna kick it back.

I believed him and never missed an election.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 09:12:26 PM »
I want to know what idiot republican would give their registration form to these dumbasses? Shit on a stick!!!! Get off your ass and go to the registration office yourself!!!! Better yet, after you get registered, vote in every general election and then you won't have to worry about it!!!

The day I turned 18, back in 1982, Pa Perky took me to the county registration office after I got out of school (I turned 18 when I was still in HS) and made me register. And told me that voting was my civic duty and if I ever missed an election he was gonna kick my ass to the middle of next week and when next week came around he was gonna kick it back.

I registered to vote the same time I had to fill out that damn Selective Service card.  If I have to be subject to a draft, you're damn sure I'll have something to say about it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »
I registered to vote the same time I had to fill out that damn Selective Service card.  If I have to be subject to a draft, you're damn sure I'll have something to say about it.

Really? Didn't know that you could do that. It was a long time ago for me, but what I had to do to register for SS was go down to the post office and ask for the form. They had it sitting on the counter. It was a trifold thingy. They didn't have any at voter registration cause that was a county thing. And I went down to the post office early cause then you didn't have to be 18 to register at the time. If I recall correctly, if your birthday was within 6 months, then you could do it.

I do know it was in the fall and my birthday is in Januaury.

Back then though you had to go to the voter registration office in person to register to vote. No motor voter or mail in forms. Had to show your birth certificate or SSN card and proof of county residence. I used one of my grade cards from the HS to prove I was a resident. I still got my original voter registration card. It even has my SSN on it.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 09:45:19 PM »
I do remember having to go to the Post Office to fill out the SS card.  I hated it.  I remembered the feeling of being compelled to do something under threat of force and was determined to vote in that election.  I don't remember how I registered, but this was 1992.  It wasn't until years later that I considered joining the military (about a decade later). 

I was 26 the first time I walked into a recruiters office voluntarily.  I remember all the wasted phone calls reciters made to our home when I was 18.  I hope they're still not wasting their time doing that.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 09:53:33 PM »

Both my husband & I registered (and then updated our registration) at the DMV.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 10:24:46 PM »
You guys are wimps. Back in the day, dad took me to the county seat, put me on a bus to downtown Los Angeles Were I stood in line, naked, to be pocked and prodded, inspected and dejected. Then fed lunch and sent back home. Not knowing for weeks if I passed.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 10:28:05 PM »
You guys are wimps. Back in the day, dad took me to the county seat, put me on a bus to downtown Los Angeles Were I stood in line, naked, to be pocked and prodded, inspected and dejected. Then fed lunch and sent back home. Not knowing for weeks if I passed.
You got on the bus naked? :rofl:

I just had to fill out a couple of forms.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 10:41:42 AM »
My high school gave seniors the opportunity to register. I was only 17; but I was going to turn 18 before the election (1988). My very first vote was for George H.W. Bush.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell