Author Topic: Sorry frank, he made it  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Dori

Re: Sorry frank, he made it
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2012, 10:29:18 AM »
I heard this morning that the temps in the affected areas are dropping into the 30's and a nor'easter is due next Wednesday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226618/Brace-round-Powerful-noreaster-winter-storm-bears-East-Coast-reeling-Sandy-s-devastation.html
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: Sorry frank, he made it
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »
New Yorkers have a looong history of lending a helping hand.

On Friday 13 March in 1964, 28-year-old Catherine Genovese was arriving home in her built-up neighbourhood from a late night shift as a bar manager in Queens, New York. She was suddenly attacked with a knife by a man named Winston Moseley. She screamed aloud “Oh my God, I've been stabbed! Please help me!” We know what she screamed because people heard her. People who didn't lift a finger to help. People who didn't want to 'get involved', who didn't call the police.

Moseley saw lights come on in the apartments nearby. He knew people were watching. He ran off, leaving Catherine to drag herself into a doorway where she lay bleeding - she could possibly have survived at this point. But her attacker decided to return to finish off what he'd started because, as he later said in court: "It didn't seem like anyone was going to stop me!" Although badly weakened by now, she again screamed for help. Of 38 witnesses who heard or saw some part of the attack (which took place over about half an hour in total), not one took action to help her. By the time the police were eventually called, she was dead.

Par for the course in the great Tri-State.