Author Topic: Sorry frank, he made it  (Read 3190 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Sorry frank, he made it
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »
Or this:

"brain-damaged primitive has quibble with the IRS"

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,65821.0

I think I'll quit searching the archives now; suffice it to say the DUmpster has an awesome collection of DainBramagedia.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 09:33:39 PM »
Well, it might do the 5'10" 240-pound considerably carbuncled brain-damaged primitive some good to lose a little weight.

When the Morristown street Zombies come for him, he'll offer up his cats, like Lot's daughters.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 09:34:56 PM »
Response to nadinbrzezinski (Original post)
Thu Nov 1, 2012, 09:08 PM
 DainBramaged (35,806 posts)
7. We did more than that

we will run out of batteries by the weekend, out of tuna before then, out of granola bars and pop tarts, out of cheese, out of milk, out of cereal and no power for up to two weeks. NOTHING IS OPEN FOR 2O MILES, no gas either.

When the food riots start we will be in serious trouble.
"Food riots"!!  :lmao: :rotf:
Cheetos go bad?
I'm at a loss.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 09:38:50 PM »
7. We did more than that

we will run out of batteries by the weekend, out of tuna before then, out of granola bars and pop tarts, out of cheese, out of milk, out of cereal and no power for up to two weeks. NOTHING IS OPEN FOR 2O MILES, no gas either.

Stop it stop it stop it!

Shop Rite in Byram is open, they have no power outage, and you can get Batteries at BJ's, Costco, Home Depot and Lowes.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 10:35:45 PM »

Stop it stop it stop it!

Shop Rite in Byram is open, they have no power outage, and you can get Batteries at BJ's, Costco, Home Depot and Lowes.
What about the tuna?

edit to add...
Been there done that. Conservatives can always find ways to survive,
You'll look back at this year down the road, and just smile.
Yes, you will.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:04:08 PM by Skul »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 10:36:56 PM »
Sounds like a hell of a diet.  I think I'd be sick after a couple days.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 11:24:57 PM »
What about the tuna?

edit to add...
Yes, you will.

Shop Rite in Byram has tons of tuna.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2012, 11:38:41 PM »
Sounds like a hell of a diet.  I think I'd be sick after a couple days.

Perhaps the brain-damaged primitive is addicted to Pop-Tarts?

Didn't somebody once--oh, maybe about twenty years ago--use that as a defense against a homicide charge, that he was "high" on the sugar from Pop-Tarts and lost his mind, and control over his actions?

By the way, I think the brain-damaged primitive's diabetic, and so he shouldn't be dining on those anyway.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 11:42:27 PM »
That was the Twinkie Killer.

On This Day: Harvey Milk’s Killer Avoids Murder Conviction With “Twinkie Defense”
May 21, 2011 05:00 AM

On May 21, 1979, former San Francisco City Supervisor Dan White was convicted of voluntary manslaughter in the shooting deaths of Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk. The trial is most remembered for White's “Twinkie defense.”

White Gets Less Than Eight Years for Killing Milk, Moscone

http://www.findingdulcinea.com/news/on-this-day/May-June-08/On-this-Day--Dan-White-Convicted-of-Voluntary-Manslaughter.html
I think it happened again more recently, some time in the 1980s.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:46:29 PM by Chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 11:45:13 PM »
That was the Twinkie Killer.

I think it happened again more recently, some time in the 1980s.

Well, if Pop-Tarts are important to the brain-damaged primitive, I'll bet he hogs down on the Twinkies too.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 05:54:32 AM »
7. We did more than that

The reason that DB put me on ignore, along with a hundred others, is because of being pro gun. He starts anti gun threads in GD. When someone disagrees with him, he boldly state that they have been put on his shit list.

During a scenario that he describes above, money would be worthless. There may come a time when he wishes he had a gun. He doesn't understand that the Government won't be there.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 05:59:08 AM »
When someone disagrees with him, he boldly state that they have been put on his shit list.

He is an intolerant twit, isn't he?

Remember that for the longest time he stuck with the antiquated version of Skins's island, refusing to get with the program, move with the times, accepting change, because he couldn't use his "ignore" list at the new-and-improved place.

He really bitched about this, eleven months ago.  One thought his precious "ignore" list was the family jewels or something, his most treasured possession.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 06:27:18 AM »
They tried to do that in Birmingham, MI. A lot of well to do liberals live there. The city is close to 100% moonbat. The city took it to court and won. No low income housing was built.

In my Blue Heaven the PC euphamism is now "Workforce Housing".  It makes the Trustafarians happy.  Low income is so well, you know, indicative of well, low income.  We are not quite as bad as Palm Beach (mind you not West Palm) but we do like to see the waitstaff leave town at the end of their shift.  And while we pay what many would consider a king's ransom to cops, teachers, and firefighters, few of them can afford to live in town either.  Oh well mores the pity they wouldn't want to pay the taxes that support their outlandish salaries either. 

We actually had 'low income' housing built in the next town over at one time.   :rotf: 

Oh and Sparky, what I get a kick out of is people who are running generators to power things like TVs and iphones.  Duh, you run the generator to produce heating and refrigeration power intermittently not 24/7.  Talk about dumb.  Conservation of scarce resources people.   I mean the root is conserve people.   What do they just not get?  Essential stuff does not include MTV people.   Keep the fridg closed and it will stay cool for a long time.  Run the furnace to keep the house warn but realize you may have to sacrafice the orchards. 

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 07:07:08 AM »
DainBramaged

We're ok my neck of the woods

No power no heat, could be another week (one of the poor towns in Western Morris county NJ) before we get power. I'm at my daughter's now. Not good for an old guy to be in 40 deg cold 24 hours a day. Cats all OK. Friends ok.

This sucks. 3 hour gas lines, fighting breaking out because some assholes think they can cut the lines , some looting, police cracking down.

Have to go PA for gas this weekend. NO power where I work either..

And a Northeaster is coming next week.

This sucks

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021686922

No mention of blaming Obama?  Hells Bells boy! You would have been blaming the hell out of a republican president for sure! :bird:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 07:39:44 AM »
In NJ when you build Condos you also have to build low income housing in the towns you build in. A town like Morristown is rich, but there's a lot of low income areas in the town.

That's infuriating. I think what bothers me about it is not the snooty moonbats who are total hypocrites, but the people who actually go without and spend the 2 or 3 or 400 extra to live in a safer, better neighborhood for their kids only for a bunch of do good buttmunches to throw a bunch of other folks in there who don't prioritize that unless it comes on a silver platter to them from big daddy gov. Sometimes it seems like why bother.

We don't have that issue here 'yet' but there is a small pocket where apartments went up several years ago and that area is by far the worst pocket of our school district. Both academically and behaviorally and imo its changed the climate over the last 10 years in the schools too(more and more pc crap moving in).  I am one of those ones, along with my ex, where we pay a premium to live here so our kids could both continue going to the neighborhood schools they were in when we were married and so they can stay in an excellent district. It would irk me to no end if some liberal do gooder decided all of a sudden to plop a bunch of section 8 in who aren't willing to do the same for their own kids yet walk about with iphones, ipads, and rims the size of flying saucers.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 07:44:33 AM »
What about the tuna?

edit to add...
Yes, you will.

Yep, power went out here for a lot longer when we had the crappy windstorm back in the summer. I always keep my pantry stocked and try to go through things in the order it came in so we don't throw things away by expiration. Anyway, what it all means is in times of hardship, the kids and I will have meals. They may not be our norm, but we certainly could survive for quite a qhile on peanut butter, tuna, using the rest of our fruit and vegetables up in the fridge, cooking meat up before it goes bad and using that in makeshift meals, etc for a couple weeks before we even started hitting the rest of the pantry. The thing is nobody likes doing it and I think the primitives confuse what people like doing or what is convenient versus what they can do. No doubt some idiots will riot because they are inconvenienced more then anything, not because it's a matter of life and death.

Oh and like bally said, there is always some resource in these modern times. When we went through Andrew, even before stores could open again, the national guard, red cross, and *gasp* local churches had places to go to get food, water, diapers, wipes, etc etc etc. And we were pretty cut off down in Miami because of geography. Still, we managed to find food if needed. The church 1/3 of a mile from our house distributed as did many others. Nobody would have to walk more then a mile to find a distribution point for such things. I can't believe its all that much different in Jersey. We aren't talking a national apocalypse, but a local weather event that yes, covered a wide area, but to varying degrees. We enjoy the benefit of living in a society of a well organized relief situation and the geographical expanse to help ease the burdens of those going through things like this. Thank God for that!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 07:47:37 AM by jtyangel »

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 08:55:52 AM »
Plenty of food and gas in South Jersey and normally-priced.  Don't tell DB though -- I don't want him down here stinking up the place!

Bally would get a big hug though!  :wink:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 11:55:29 AM »
Plenty of food and gas in South Jersey and normally-priced.  Don't tell DB though -- I don't want him down here stinking up the place!

Bally would get a big hug though! :wink:

Glad you're doing good njpines. We have to think about maybe going to Pennsylvania for gas. We went past 1 station a few hours ago and I'd say it's about a 3 hour wait.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 12:29:33 PM »
Glad you're doing good njpines. We have to think about maybe going to Pennsylvania for gas. We went past 1 station a few hours ago and I'd say it's about a 3 hour wait.
I have the bad feeling those people are just sitting in their cars doing nothing.
Motor on and idling, waiting to move up ten feet closer to the pump.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2012, 12:31:50 PM »

Geez, that's really awful!  I think we fared better because the storm really picked up speed as it neared AC and flew directly over us quickly.  The towns to the north took the bad and sustained hits.  How many miles are you from PA?
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2012, 12:39:08 PM »
I have the bad feeling those people are just sitting in their cars doing nothing.
Motor on and idling, waiting to move up ten feet closer to the pump.

And some of the stations are limiting it to 5 gallons a person, you have people trying to put gas in their cars, but you also have people using gas cans because they need it for their generators.

Geez, that's really awful!  I think we fared better because the storm really picked up speed as it neared AC and flew directly over us quickly.  The towns to the north took the bad and sustained hits.  How many miles are you from PA?

We're not far from the Delaware Water Gap, and people from here are going up to Stroudsburg and the Poconos for gas. The lines are crazy from what I've seen on the Turnpike and Parkway. We took all the gas from the generator and added it to our compact car, then my Husband said we have about 10 gallons in the truck so if we have to we can siphon that out and add it to the car, so we should be good until early next week, and hopefully by that time it'll start getting better.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:41:17 PM by Ballygrl »

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2012, 12:56:16 PM »
We're not far from the Delaware Water Gap, and people from here are going up to Stroudsburg and the Poconos for gas. The lines are crazy from what I've seen on the Turnpike and Parkway. We took all the gas from the generator and added it to our compact car, then my Husband said we have about 10 gallons in the truck so if we have to we can siphon that out and add it to the car, so we should be good until early next week, and hopefully by that time it'll start getting better.

I hope so Bally -- praying for you guys!
Piney Power!!

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2012, 09:55:33 AM »
Oh and like bally said, there is always some resource in these modern times. When we went through Andrew, even before stores could open again, the national guard, red cross, and *gasp* local churches had places to go to get food, water, diapers, wipes, etc etc etc. And we were pretty cut off down in Miami because of geography. Still, we managed to find food if needed. The church 1/3 of a mile from our house distributed as did many others. Nobody would have to walk more then a mile to find a distribution point for such things. I can't believe its all that much different in Jersey. We aren't talking a national apocalypse, but a local weather event that yes, covered a wide area, but to varying degrees. We enjoy the benefit of living in a society of a well organized relief situation and the geographical expanse to help ease the burdens of those going through things like this. Thank God for that!

I was working at a Publix in Sarasota during Andrew. During the storm (A Sunday, IIRC), when people thought we were about to get hit, my store had it's busiest day EVER. We received 5 semis full of water, and just rolled the pallets out to the sales floor. People were stocking up on canned goods, etc. After the storm blew over, a gentleman came in on Tuesday night from a local church. He was buying mass quantities of provisions to take to Miami in a pickup truck/enclosed trailer. He cleared out the diapers, canned food (again), juices, water (again), and many other products. The total was well over $2K. He drove that stuff down to Miami that night. Funny how private enterprise finds a way to get supplies to where people need them, and private charities find a way to get supplies to the disaster zone faster than big gov't.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2012, 10:08:15 AM »
Well my family is grateful to that gentleman then.  My dad worked on homestead af base in those days and we didn't live all that far north of there. It was devastating but I just don't recall the level of ineptitude at every level as what is going on here nor the helplessness of the individual's stricken. What always strikes me about usual liberal enclaves is they act as if they are the first people to ever face such a catastrophe all the while (unions pushing out non union utility crews, pelting others with eggs, looting, etc) shooting themselves in their own feet both pre storm and after to get through it. I guess what strikes me about all this is this is the liberal ideal?

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2012, 10:13:45 AM »
And yes doc. I recall a number of stories of northern floridians opening their own wallets and sometimes transporting like you stated down to local churches that were the distribution centers at that point. None of these efforts were gov coordinated but for those that were (national guard) I don't recall liberal blustering that delays assistance for several days. It was bad but help did come and lets face it it's far less critical in a more moderate climate like that putting the diseases of high water and trash and death aside. We slept outside in tents or sleeping bags when it got too hot inside. In the northeast in winter what lies ahead is not good of they don't get their crap organized quick and stop resisting help over their stupid liberal taking points a lot of folks are going to be added to the death tally.