Author Topic: Official Sandy thread  (Read 49263 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Official Sandy thread
« Reply #350 on: November 01, 2012, 09:27:49 PM »
Tyler, TX that could use a gas station that sells 93 octane.

:mad:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Undies

« Reply #351 on: November 01, 2012, 09:50:05 PM »
Tyler, TX that could use a gas station that sells 93 octane.

Oh, they sell it.  But it is reserved for only the folks born and raised in Tyler.  It's a very clicky town.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #352 on: November 01, 2012, 09:52:21 PM »
I almost ran out of gas while I was passing through.  My car has a 12-gallon tank but I can't seem to fit more than 9 in there.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Undies

« Reply #353 on: November 01, 2012, 09:54:38 PM »
I almost ran out of gas while I was passing through.  My car has a 12-gallon tank but I can't seem to fit more than 9 in there.

What can I say?  Everything is bigger in Texas.  :p

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #354 on: November 02, 2012, 04:11:24 AM »
There is a lady on FoxNews now (5:16am) waiting in line to get gas. She's been waiting since about 2am, and there are still about 20 cars ahead of her.....   :(
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #355 on: November 02, 2012, 10:23:02 AM »
There is a lady on FoxNews now (5:16am) waiting in line to get gas. She's been waiting since about 2am, and there are still about 20 cars ahead of her.....   :(

Never can tell when the weather bits ones butt.

Only thing good to come out of the storm for me is it has opened my eyes to what a disaster can do, if not for me then for others.

I sent Hubby out to buy a kerosene heater and a gas camping stove.   Cost was $300.00, big crap, winter is around the corner and  if not used this year perhaps next.  

Reading the DU boards it is surprising how many are stocking up on survival food and essentials.    Why I ask don't they trust Obama to come to their aid ??????

Informertial on TV about some thing called a Yankee light,  It is said to have a life of 10 thousand hours.  I asked Hubby about this thing to buy as Christmass guifts.    He paid little attention to me and even when I added up the cost and discount for buying one for each family member he still showed no interest.  Idiot, born and raised in a city.

I am armed with a credit card and need to make decisions on what to buy for familys this year.   I could send them all a first aid kit,  or a box of battererys  oh Joy what has Mom sent ???????

This looks like the perfect guift for those in harms way from a winter storm.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #356 on: November 02, 2012, 11:28:06 AM »
I can't believe all of these MSM stories about how 0bama is ignoring the plight of the people in New York, much like the anti-Bush stories in the MSM...

Oh wait.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #357 on: November 02, 2012, 04:32:06 PM »
Never can tell when the weather bits ones butt.

Only thing good to come out of the storm for me is it has opened my eyes to what a disaster can do, if not for me then for others.

Informertial on TV about some thing called a Yankee light,  It is said to have a life of 10 thousand hours.  I asked Hubby about this thing to buy as Christmass guifts.    He paid little attention to me and even when I added up the cost and discount for buying one for each family member he still showed no interest.  Idiot, born and raised in a city.

I am armed with a credit card and need to make decisions on what to buy for familys this year.   I could send them all a first aid kit,  or a box of battererys  oh Joy what has Mom sent ???????

This looks like the perfect guift for those in harms way from a winter storm.

Is this the lantern light that is an LED? It's $12.95 or something close?

I saw it too, and just suggested the other night that maybe we should get a couple of them. Never seems like the flashlight is enough in a really dark area, and these seem to send out so much light! I wish I knew if they were as really as good as advertised. Seems like too good of a price compared to what a good flashlight costs.  :???:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #358 on: November 03, 2012, 06:39:37 AM »
Aaaaannnnndddd...cleaned up.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline CG6468

« Reply #359 on: November 03, 2012, 09:12:59 AM »

I saw it too, and just suggested the other night that maybe we should get a couple of them. Never seems like the flashlight is enough in a really dark area, and these seem to send out so much light! I wish I knew if they were as really as good as advertised. Seems like too good of a price compared to what a good flashlight costs.  :???:

We have a couple of them. We used them for camping and for when the power goes out at home for short periods. Safe, dependable, no flames.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Dori

« Reply #360 on: November 03, 2012, 09:21:58 AM »
Brian Kilmeade on F&F was flooded out.  He said homes around him were exploding.  Something to do with salt water and electrical wiring.  Don't know how that works.  ?????
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #361 on: November 14, 2012, 09:59:43 AM »
Hummmm, Dem in the Whitehouse, not a peep about the troubles on the east coast...................seems they've been forgotten.

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #362 on: November 14, 2012, 11:36:31 AM »
Hummmm, Dem in the Whitehouse, not a peep about the troubles on the east coast...................seems they've been forgotten.

Yet tens of thousands of people are still without power, food , water and shelter.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #363 on: November 14, 2012, 01:09:38 PM »

I don't know anything about that light but I reviewed some emergency lights here;

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,80388.msg981298.html#msg981298
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #364 on: November 14, 2012, 02:37:07 PM »
Yet tens of thousands of people are still without power, food , water and shelter.

and that's just New Orleans.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.