Author Topic: Man Leaves Toddler In Van, Goes To Strip Club  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Dixie*Darling

Man Leaves Toddler In Van, Goes To Strip Club
« on: January 15, 2008, 05:17:08 PM »
http://www.wisn.com/news/15031754/detail.html

MAPLEWOOD, Minn. -- Prosecutors in Wisconsin are considering charges after a Twin Cities man allegedly left his 1½-year-old son in a van outside a strip club for several hours.

The complaint alleged the 45-year-old Maplewood man lounged inside the Cajun Club in St. Croix County while temperatures outside dipped into the low 20s.

The club's manager said a customer entering the club told staff there was a baby crying in a van outside. After finding the doors of the van locked, the manager called 911.

The club made an announcement seeking the van's owner, and a man came forward. Officers were waiting outside.

St. Croix County Sheriff Dennis Hillstead said the boy was strapped into his car seat and was wearing socks, a jacket, and sweat pants. He was treated at a Hudson, Wis., hospital for exposure and frostbite and released.

The man was arrested on suspicion of neglect of a child -- a misdemeanor -- and booked into the county jail. The man's wife bailed him out.

The sheriff said the man had told his wife he was going to the grocery store for milk but went directly to the strip club.

http://wcco.com/local/strip.club.baby.2.628720.html

The wife of a man who allegedly left their child in a cold van while he visited a strip club says she's standing by her man.

Jereme Mantor said Saturday that she has no intention of leaving her husband, David Mantor, and blamed the incident on a relapse of his alcoholism.

"I've been sober for over two years and I had a relapse that night," he said.
"That is the dumbest thing I've ever done."

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
Re: Man Leaves Toddler In Van, Goes To Strip Club
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 05:23:11 PM »
Well, the man is obviously remorseful and is a recovering alcoholic but............

......what he did was a crime and he should be punished according to the local laws.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 07:03:12 AM »
The wife of a man who allegedly left their child in a cold van while he visited a strip club says she's standing by her man.

Jereme Mantor said Saturday that she has no intention of leaving her husband, David Mantor, and blamed the incident on a relapse of his alcoholism.
...and the only place he could find alcohol was in a strip club.  Ooooookaaaaay.   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 09:52:57 AM »
^yeah that. He couldn't just go buy some liquor?

Thank God it was cold. That poor baby still got frostbite and exposure. Chances are he'll fare better than if it had been hot outside. Kids die in locked cars all the time in the summer.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 12:48:12 PM »
The man's wife bailed him out.

Huh?

I repeat: huh?

So let his ass sober up in jail.  And then let it rot in jail.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 12:51:07 PM »

fine.  the parents are both major losers.  it's hardly surprising that losers find each other.  the innocent victim in all of this is the poor kid, of course.

you will almost never catch me saying this, but this may be one of the 1-in-a-zillion times where the kid would be better off with the state.