Author Topic: Ummmm....  (Read 16483 times)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Ummmm....
« on: January 15, 2008, 05:00:17 PM »
...where's the Economics section, dawg?? (in my Flava Fav voice) :naughty:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Ummmm....
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 05:02:19 PM »
...where's the Economics section, dawg?? (in my Flava Fav voice) :naughty:
Funny, it sounded like Randy Jackson.

;)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 05:36:26 PM »
Fo' real. I gots to get my learn on.

Another suggestion... the ambiguous Unread Posts/Your Posts buttons are confusing.  A single New Posts button would be nice.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 05:45:15 PM »

I think an economics/business forum is an idea with some merit.  I doubt it will be a problem;  Let me see what Rebel and Thor think.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 06:04:32 PM »

Fo shizzle my nizzle...I gotz to get paid :rocker:

I suck at this... :werd:

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 06:24:31 PM »
No problem with it. Just slipped my mind and got busy with work. Do you know how, WE? Call me if you run into any problems.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 06:32:33 PM »
In MY DUmmy mode voice...

The economy is in shambles, job growth has been stunted, unemployment at an all time high, the stock market is about the crash, the recession is coming soon, the house market is going to implode, interest rates are going up, trillion dollar deficits, american jobs being outsourced, blue chip stocks are taking a nose dive, rich people pay no taxes,  :blah:

What did I miss? :whatever:

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 06:35:52 PM »

The economy is in shambles, job growth has been stunted, unemployment at an all time high, the stock market is about the crash, the recession is coming soon, the house market is going to implode, interest rates are going up, trillion dollar deficits, american jobs being outsourced, blue chip stocks are taking a nose dive, rich people pay no taxes,  :blah:

...and half the conservatives don't know how to fix it and ALL of the liberals want to **** it up further. The economy isn't doing as good as some say it is.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »

...and half the conservatives don't know how to fix it and ALL of the liberals want to **** it up further. The economy isn't doing as good as some say it is.

I agree...this is why the economics discussion is an important one.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »

Yeah, you left out:

Just yesterday I was standing in the line at the grocery store when the lady in front of me started crying.  Just crying.  She had 5 kids with her and it looked like they were all between 5 and 6 years old.  When I asked her what was wrong, she wailed 'GEORGE BUSH TOOK MY ****ING JOB!'" When I calmed her down, I asked for more details.  Well, she told me between sniffles that George Bush had personally called her boss and told them to fire her.

Well, since the same thing happened to me when I was VP of Store Operations for all Krogers in the East Coast Region, what else could I do?  I used the last of my Food Stamps and the 10 bucks I had spend the last 5 hours begging for outside and paid for all her groceries. The 2-for-1 coupons for day old bread were elapsed by one day but the checker gave me that 'I know how it feels' look and quickly accepted them before her white male boss could make it to the counter.

Just when I was felling better, the guy behind me in line -- you know the type, big bellied guy with a "John Deere" cap on and wearing a "wife beater" t-shirt and with a "I voted for Bush" tattoo on his arm started yelling "hey, that coupon expired yesterday!"  The whole store was staring at the commotion, so I looked at him and, shaking inside, shook my fist at him and said "if John Kerry was President all this food would be free."  I don't know what got into me, it was just the first thing that jumped into my head.

Instead of hitting me, this big guy looked and then sheepishly took his head off and mumbled "you're right, I'm sorry."  Then he tried to cover his chimpy tatoo.

The checker looked at me and gave me a big smile and a "thumbs up."  Of course, I had to leave my groceries behind so I had to go back outside to start begging again (my days as a hooker are behind me but that is a different topic for another day).  And I saw that same big guy get into his super-humongous Ford 950 or whatever and start to drive out of the parking lot.  When he saw me, he scrunched down in his seat, clearly embarrassed to be seen by me.

Some days are so good!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 07:04:16 PM »

Another suggestion... the ambiguous Unread Posts/Your Posts buttons are confusing.  A single New Posts button would be nice.

That was confusing to me at first, too, but I figured it out.

If one is on the "home page" and clicks that, one gets all unread posts from all forums.

If one is on a specific forum page and clicks that, one gets all unread posts from that particular forum only.

So I always just return to "home," to get ALL unread posts.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 07:28:53 PM »

Yeah, you left out:

Just yesterday I was standing in the line at the grocery store when the lady in front of me started crying.  Just crying.  She had 5 kids with her and it looked like they were all between 5 and 6 years old.  When I asked her what was wrong, she wailed 'GEORGE BUSH TOOK MY ****ING JOB!'" When I calmed her down, I asked for more details.  Well, she told me between sniffles that George Bush had personally called her boss and told them to fire her.

Well, since the same thing happened to me when I was VP of Store Operations for all Krogers in the East Coast Region, what else could I do?  I used the last of my Food Stamps and the 10 bucks I had spend the last 5 hours begging for outside and paid for all her groceries. The 2-for-1 coupons for day old bread were elapsed by one day but the checker gave me that 'I know how it feels' look and quickly accepted them before her white male boss could make it to the counter.

Just when I was felling better, the guy behind me in line -- you know the type, big bellied guy with a "John Deere" cap on and wearing a "wife beater" t-shirt and with a "I voted for Bush" tattoo on his arm started yelling "hey, that coupon expired yesterday!"  The whole store was staring at the commotion, so I looked at him and, shaking inside, shook my fist at him and said if John Kerry was President all this food would be free."  I don't know what got into me, it was just the first thing that jumped into my head.

Instead of hitting me, this big guy looked and then sheepishly took his head off and mumbled "you're right, I'm sorry."  Then he tried to cover his chimpy tatoo.

The checker looked at me and gave me a big smile and a "thumbs up."  Of course, I had to leave my groceries behind so I had to go back outside to start begging again (my days as a hooker are behind me but that is a different topic for another day).  And I saw that same big guy get into his super-humongous Ford 950 or whatever and start to drive out of the parking lot.  When he saw me, he scrunched down in his seat, clearly embarrassed to be seen by me.

Some days are so good!

And to that I'd respond with  :loserbar:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 07:50:18 PM »

Yeah, you left out:

Just when I was felling better, the guy behind me in line -- you know the type, big bellied guy with a "John Deere" cap on and wearing a "wife beater" t-shirt and with a "I voted for Bush" tattoo on his arm started yelling "hey, that coupon expired yesterday!"  The whole store was staring at the commotion, so I looked at him and, shaking inside, shook my fist at him and said if John Kerry was President all this food would be free."  I don't know what got into me, it was just the first thing that jumped into my head.

Some days are so good!

And to that I'd respond with  :loserbar:
Hey, don't rain on my bouncy ;)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 07:59:01 PM »
:doh: I thought you were quoting a real bouncy-tale from DU.  :tongue:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 08:49:37 PM »
:doh: I thought you were quoting a real bouncy-tale from DU.  :tongue:
LOLOLOL!  I guess I did a pretty good imitation.  Sadly, nothing is too far out of reach.