Author Topic: Now for something enjoyable- alarimer just got DUmped on- a few days old  (Read 5109 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Now for something enjoyable- alarimer just got DUmped on- a few days old
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 12:19:55 PM »
Meh! I'm in a long distance relationship and i can honestly say the thought of stepping out on my girl has never crossed my mind. We have to be more then the sum of our sex parts.I have infinite respect for her as my girl and my best friend.Would bother me alot if i gave in to that.She's alot more to me then just a piece of ass.

Hi5.  Me?  Been with my Man for over 10 years.  I have no desire whatsoever to get remarried, he doesn't want to get married.  Before we began our relationship, we were best buddies for the prior 10.  I trust him implicitly and he trusts me 100% as well. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 12:23:08 PM »
alarimer (11,034 posts)
9. But I can't start over at my age; I just can't

View profile
I'm 44. Whose going to want me? Some fat ****ing redneck. No thanks.

Excuse me heffer, I'm 46.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 12:33:33 PM »

That's you BEG, much different than a liberal moonbat.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 12:53:56 PM »

And you're still a young chick to me (48 last Monday)! :-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 01:04:24 PM »
arimer (11,034 posts)

View profile

For a group of people who are always touting their feminism, they are SO dependent. Wonder if it was one of those relationships where she was more serious than he was.

I can understand throwing a pity party for a bit, though. Don't think I'd do it publicly but that's just me.

But seriously, why doesn't she take this opportunity to start an exercise program, eat healthier, learn something new? Looking at her picture she obviously doesn't take care of herself so how can she expect anyone else to want to?

Sheesh, you can find free workouts & workout videos on the web! Why not work on herself, make herself more desirable?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 01:30:31 PM »
Meh! I'm in a long distance relationship and i can honestly say the thought of stepping out on my girl has never crossed my mind. We have to be more then the sum of our sex parts.I have infinite respect for her as my girl and my best friend.Would bother me alot if i gave in to that.She's alot more to me then just a piece of ass.

Been several times me and "Toots" have been separated due to family emergencies and such, and we have always been faithful to each other. Never crosses my mind to step out on her.

Could be downright dangerous!

My Momma didn't raise no fools!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »
For a group of people who are always touting their feminism, they are SO dependent. Wonder if it was one of those relationships where she was more serious than he was.

I can understand throwing a pity party for a bit, though. Don't think I'd do it publicly but that's just me.

But seriously, why doesn't she take this opportunity to start an exercise program, eat healthier, learn something new? Looking at her picture she obviously doesn't take care of herself so how can she expect anyone else to want to?

Sheesh, you can find free workouts & workout videos on the web! Why not work on herself, make herself more desirable?

Cindie

Milady, I've highlighted the operative word.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 01:46:01 PM »
And you're still a young chick to me (48 last Monday)! :-)

So if our spouses ditches us, would you have me?  :-*

Edited to add: wait, are you a redneck?  If so it may be a plus.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 02:13:39 PM »

Not a redneck . . . but as to the other question . . . :naughty:

Chase her.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 02:20:21 PM »
cherish44 (2,208 posts)
102. I'm a 45 woman and recently broke up with my boyfriend of 5 years

View profile
I have to color my gray hair, I am perimenopausal (hot flashes SUCK so bad lol) I have arthritic knees...Oh did I mention that I broke up with HIM? No, there was no one else. The relationship was just stagnant and going nowhere and I decided life was too darn short to be stuck in a rut. And I'm not worried at all about having to starting over as a middle aged woman, in fact I'm have the time of my life and enjoying the single life so much! It's "me" time that I haven't had in years - I'm doing stuff like taking classes, working out, traveling, dancing, going to concerts, meeting people, painting.... And YES I get asked out on dates all the time (not one has been a fat redneck). I'm in no hurry to "get a man". In fact I find life is much less complicated without one right now. When the time comes and the right person comes along, maybe, but right now I'm working on myself and have grown so much! Love your life and be happy and people will be attracted to you. Positive energy attracts positive energy! I found a vibrator that hits my g-spot.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 02:24:10 PM »

I'm from Tennessee. We helped your state gain its independence at some little place called the Alamo.

You might have heard of it.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 02:29:33 PM »
arimer (11,034 posts)

I'm surprised this post hasn't been alerted on.  Regional bigotry, discrimination against the aged, and size-ism... this is both hurtful and inconsiderate.  Tsk, tsk.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 02:35:45 PM »
Not a redneck . . . but as to the other question . . . :naughty:

Wadda ya mean yer not a RedNeck? What the hell are ya then?

And..........if I weren't married, I'd be after these ladies like a bee lookin' for apple blossoms! We got some real sweeties here, "and don't you ferget it!" (in my best Quick Draw McGraw voice), heh, heh!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:39:56 PM by AllosaursRus »

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 02:46:02 PM »
Wadda ya mean yer not a RedNeck? What the hell are ya then?

And..........if I weren't married, I'd be after these ladies like a bee lookin' for apple blossoms! We got some real sweeties here, "and don't you ferget it!" (in my best Quick Draw McGraw voice), heh, heh!

Incognito conservative.  (At least, until you meet me--then you figure it out! :-) )

Chase her.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 02:56:05 PM »
Incognito conservative.  (At least, until you meet me--then you figure it out! :-) )

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Yer a RedNeck just like me!

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 04:44:04 PM »
Are you kidding? DUmmy stevenumbers would tap that in a New York minute. She's in NC and stevenumbers is in FL, so relief is only a few hours away.

Wait a minute, I'm a fat redneck from nc.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »
Some long distance relationships are about delayed gratification while one tends to other responsibilities--folks who are military should understand this. I thought conservatives, who constantly chide dummies for their lack of consideration for such a value, could understand such a concept.

In my world it's the commitment between a couple that really binds them together, helped and sealed with the glue that is mutual respect, consideration, love, and honor of one another. The idea that these qualities are exclusive to only those who live with one another everyday neglects what the glue is that binds two people together. I don't love someone more because they live a mile away from me and I don't love them less if they lived 200 miles away. The glue of it is the commitment to that person, not their proximity to me every hour of the day.

Lack of commitment is available locally as well as long distance. Really in the end one goes on trust either way. All that locally does is make it easier to catch by virtue of availability. Commitment is something that is either there or it isn't and that's true of local or long distance relationships. It's that commitment that pulls any couple through hard times, not just the ones in a long distance situation.

And yes, I too am in a long distance relationship, and I trust the person I am with and they do me. We are exclusive, we love one another, we have a commitment to this, and we are best friends to boot. I'm not in la la land either; we both express our concerns  when we have them and don't walk with a head in the proverbial cloud all the time. Like any other relationship, we do the best with our own weaknesses, strengths, and circumstances. Like any other relationship time will prove the true test ultimately.

I'm going to refrain from addressing the tramp comment...it would probably draw up hackles on some folks so I'll let it be...

As for the dummie, I have a feeling she might have said some things about not wanting a marriage or living relationship to sooth herself for being apart with the distance or even because she really didn't know what she wanted. It was fool hearty if she really wanted to be with him. On that, she was foolish and only has herself to blame for not saying what it is she really wanted. It sounds like through her grief, she knows she made a mistake and probably wanted more. My advice to her is to be honest with herself next time, work on her, and then get out there and get to know new people knowing what it is she really wants from a relationship this time. As for the guy, good riddance. He could have told her before he found his new love that he couldn't do it. I mean sex once a month was really enough of a payoff to keep this going on instead of moving on? Please...he just didn't have the emotional fortitude to do it without having a new person to sooth his own emotional shortcomings. She was his insurance when he knew it was over while he looked for someone else and that makes him a pos.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2012, 05:09:31 PM »
I worked for 30 years in construction. Most of which was outa town. Got home about every 2 weeks or whatever deal we could work out with Alaska and SouthWest Airlines.

It was tough on us, but we're still here. Worse for the kids. There were times when my son needed a father's discipline, and his Mom wouldn't tell me. Actually protected him. It eventually worked itself out, but I wouldn't wish a long distance relationship on anyone if ya have a choice.

You're right about the trust one has to have in the other. Without it, it just won't work.

We had our bumps and pot holes, but after about 15 years it was old hat. Now gettin' close to 40, I wouldn't do a damn thing different!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:13:13 PM by AllosaursRus »

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2012, 05:16:12 PM »
I'm not taking sides in this, hell I don't care who did what, like a coin the truth lies somewhere between the two sides.

I am amazed though that DUmmies post their personal lives for anyone and everyone to see.  I just don't understand it.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2012, 06:11:53 PM »
I worked for 30 years in construction. Most of which was outa town. Got home about every 2 weeks or whatever deal we could work out with Alaska and SouthWest Airlines.

It was tough on us, but we're still here. Worse for the kids. There were times when my son needed a father's discipline, and his Mom wouldn't tell me. Actually protected him. It eventually worked itself out, but I wouldn't wish a long distance relationship on anyone if ya have a choice.

You're right about the trust one has to have in the other. Without it, it just won't work.

We had our bumps and pot holes, but after about 15 years it was old hat. Now gettin' close to 40, I wouldn't do a damn thing different!

Yep, as you know, problem arises when you find that person and it's no longer about choice. You just do what you gotta do. Good for you and 'toots' :cheersmate:

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »
Yep, as you know, problem arises when you find that person and it's no longer about choice. You just do what you gotta do. Good for you and 'toots' :cheersmate:

Yeah if she don't make it thru this cancer thing, I'm gonna kick her ass!

Hell, I ain't seen her in two weeks! She's havin' to go thru God knows what gettin' ready for surgery.

I just can't leave the animals, so I just get daily updates.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 06:30:00 PM by AllosaursRus »

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2012, 06:24:25 PM »
It appears to be female.

From the pic thread.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1018&pid=213118

DO NOT WANT. 

Then, I suppose there might be someone for everyone:

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2012, 08:01:55 PM »
I feel sorry for alarimer. I hope she looks up and realizes the world has not ended.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2012, 08:08:24 PM »
Sorry alarimer. But its over. It just cannot work out between us.
You see I met another gal. Her name is Lady Liberty. Everything about her is wonderful and fresh.
She believes in freedom. You support slavery to one party, one man.

alarimer, I'll never understand why you hate people of faith, but love murderous muslims. For some reason you always side with the enemies of freedom. You despise the bill or rights unless it applies only to those who agree with you. No one is allowed a different opinion, you scream and call them evil. You claim you are not bigoted, but you are the most intolerant woman I know.

You insist on posting your entire life on a site that seethes with hatred. I'd like to say I will remember the good times, but mostly I remember having to phrase every word in a way that wouldn't enrage you.

Sorry, alarimer. But I chose capitalism and the path to prosperity. I chose to worship a real God and not socialism. I chose to embrace the freedoms found in the constitution, that very document that stands in the way of your fuehrer, Obama.

I can't stand to be with someone so mired in hate, envy, and evil. Its over, alarimer. You just aren't attractive to me anymore. I would rather die than live in the world you would build.
A great man said, "Give me liberty or give me death." Sorry but you lose.

Good by forever, alarimer. I'm happy with Lady Liberty.

PS. I unfriended you in Facebook, cause I know you hate that.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2012, 08:35:59 PM »
That poor fellow.