Author Topic: Crochet  (Read 13228 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Re: Crochet
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 09:00:59 PM »
Frank, is it possibly tapestry that you're thinking of?

It's a baby blanket, not a drapery.

I'm sure that when Brown Eyes is feeling better, she can direct me to some web-site that illustrates samples of needlery.

If you find a picture of one, be sure to post it.  I'm very curious. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 09:06:53 PM »
Frank, is it possibly tapestry that you're thinking of?

It's a baby blanket, not a drapery.

I'm sure that when Brown Eyes is feeling better, she can direct me to some web-site that illustrates samples of needlery.

I was going to suggest tatting.  Did it look like this Frank?

Offline jendf

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 09:34:10 PM »

I was going to suggest tatting.  Did it look like this Frank?

That's pretty. Sure looks complicated!

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 10:21:09 PM »
Cross-stitch is where you need a hoop and make little "x" with thread, like the "Go **** Yourself" pictured.  I also do this.  :)

You also make "go **** yourself" needlepoint?

Did you make that one for Chris?

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 10:24:56 PM »
Cross-stitch is where you need a hoop and make little "x" with thread, like the "Go **** Yourself" pictured.  I also do this.  :)

I think I may quilt that very phrase on my customer quilts, real discreet like.   :-)

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 10:40:30 PM »

:rotf:

I think I may quilt that very phrase on my customer quilts, real discreet like.   :-)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 11:02:43 PM »

You find the pattern, I'll make one personally for you.  :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 09:25:23 AM »
Years ago my mother had these doilies framed.
This one my great grandmother did.  It's (I believe) called a pine cone doily.
I need to ask her about the history behind it.  Of course it will be passed down to my son and his family.

This one is one of a set of 4 that my Dad's mother did.  Mother had all of these framed and gave each of us kids one and kept one for herself.  Again I need to ask more about them.  I'm not sure as to what the design is called.

Pardon the view of my couch.  I have these precious heirlooms packed away in a spare bedroom lovingly referred to as the "junk room".  Go figure!   :p

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2008, 12:41:16 PM »
I need to ask her about the history behind it.  Of course it will be passed down to my son and his family.

This one is one of a set of 4 that my Dad's mother did.  Mother had all of these framed and gave each of us kids one and kept one for herself.  Again I need to ask more about them.  I'm not sure as to what the design is called.

Pardon the view of my couch.  I have these precious heirlooms packed away in a spare bedroom lovingly referred to as the "junk room".  Go figure!   :p

What a cool way to show them off.  I have a couple that my great grandma made, I wonder if I could clean them up and starch them so I could frame them.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2008, 07:06:12 PM »

Wow, what a family treasure!

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 06:46:59 PM »
I crochet...but I can't do a damn granny square to save my life. If someone can point me to a good website for learning how to do that, I'd appreciate it.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 07:13:56 PM »
Granny square

Chain 4, join last to first to make a ring.

Chain 3, Double crochet 2, chain 1, (double crochet 3, chain 1) x 3 = 12 DC counting original chain 3 - join to original chain 3.

Now you can turn, or chain ahead (that isn't the word, hope you know what I mean) to the first chain 1 space.

Chain 3, double crochet 2, chain 1, double crochet 3 in first space.  DC 3, chain 1, DC 3 in the other 3 chain 1 spaces.

Next round, make 3 DC, chain 1, 3 DC in each corner, and just 3 DC in the middle spaces.

Repeat until it's big enough.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2008, 07:15:05 PM »
Granny square

Chain 3, Double crochet 2, chain 1, (double crochet 3, chain 1) x 3 = 12 DC counting original chain 3 - join to original chain 3.

Now you can turn, or chain ahead (that isn't the word, hope you know what I mean) to the first chain 1 space.

Chain 3, double crochet 2, chain 1, double crochet 3 in first space.  DC 3, chain 1, DC 3 in the other 3 chain 1 spaces.

Next round, make 3 DC, chain 1, 3 DC in each corner, and just 3 DC in the middle spaces.

That is just a bunch of jibberish.   :p

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 07:34:17 PM »
Granny square

Yes, it is! LOL. Which probably explains why mine always turn out lopsided.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2008, 08:10:29 PM »
Granny square

Yes, it is! LOL. Which probably explains why mine always turn out lopsided.

LOL

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 11:03:53 PM »
Vivis Mom & BEG, do you know the different basic stitches:  single, double, triple, and chain stitch?

Can you start and do a long chain?

Stink Eye

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2008, 08:24:49 AM »
Vivis Mom & BEG, do you know the different basic stitches:  single, double, triple, and chain stitch?

I have enough hobbies, I don't need to start crocheting.   :p  Actually I tried once.  My Mom showed me and even bought me a book.  I just couldn't do it.  I can make a chain bit it looks like crap so I gave up.  Maybe it's because I'm left handed....yeah I'll blame it on my left handedness.  :-)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2008, 09:49:17 AM »

I have enough hobbies, I don't need to start crocheting.   :p  Actually I tried once.  My Mom showed me and even bought me a book.  I just couldn't do it.  I can make a chain bit it looks like crap so I gave up.  Maybe it's because I'm left handed....yeah I'll blame it on my left handedness.  :-)

Well, you left handers are freaks, so that does explain why you can't crochet.   :-)

My crochet vs your quilting, the quilting wins hands down.  :)
Stink Eye

Offline Flame

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »

\

um, I crochet left handed...no problems at all!  :uhsure: