Author Topic: 'Zombie Economy' May Give Markets a Scare in October  (Read 1140 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
'Zombie Economy' May Give Markets a Scare in October
« on: September 30, 2012, 06:51:06 AM »
Just in time for the election.  Market scares tend to happen in October, too.

'Zombie Economy' May Give Markets a Scare in October

Published: Friday, 28 Sep 2012 | 4:06 PM ET Text Size By: Patti Domm
CNBC Executive News Editor

Traders expect October to give the markets a scare, starting with news on the economy and jobs in the week ahead.

After a surprisingly good performance in the third quarter, the thinking is the stock market is ready to pull back, especially after a few choppy sessions and a new batch of data that should continue to show a slow-moving, ‘zombie like’ economy. (Read More: September Bad for Stocks? Why It's Different This Time)

Stocks logged the best third quarter performance since 2010. For the quarter, the Dow [.DJI  13437.13    -48.84  (-0.36%)   ] surged 4.32 percent and the S&P 500 [.SPX  1440.67    -6.48  (-0.45%)   ] soared 5.76 percent.

The coming week could provide plenty of excuses to take profits, beginning with Monday’s ISM manufacturing data, again expected to show weakness in the sector.

Manufacturing reports from China, over the weekend, and from Europe, also Monday, will provide a look at just how sluggish global activity has become. (Read More: Stocks to Ward Off China Slump?)

The rest is here:  http://www.cnbc.com/id/49214466

October and the surprises that are within . . . This could be a tough month for the Obamessiah.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Lacarnut

Re: 'Zombie Economy' May Give Markets a Scare in October
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 09:59:38 AM »
It's going to be tricks but no treats from now to the election when the Magic Negro gets his ass kicked.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Re: 'Zombie Economy' May Give Markets a Scare in October
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 12:38:40 PM »
I've read rumors that some folks with the power to do so are going to dump the market just before the election to help Mitt.  It is very tempting to jump in on the drop to ride the bull market after Mitt is elected.