Author Topic: The real refs are back!  (Read 3647 times)

Offline BigTex

The real refs are back!
« on: September 26, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »
finally, no more excuses for why your favorite teams are sucking  :fuelfire:

The NFL and the NFL Referees Association reached an agreement late Wednesday night on an eight-year collective bargaining agreement that will end the referee lockout, both sides confirmed.

The two sides are looking at text and expect to sign the deal by Thursday morning, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. There will be a regular referee union crew in Baltimore for Thursday night's Ravens-Browns game, according to a league source.

"Our officials will be back on the field starting tomorrow night," commissioner Roger Goodell said in a joint statment released by the NFL and NFLRA. "We appreciate the commitment of the NFLRA in working through the issues to reach this important agreement."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8429885/nfl-reaches-agreement-officials-end-lockout
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: The real refs are back!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 08:19:57 AM »
Aww.. I was enjoying all the bad referee jokes on the internet this week. :lmao:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 08:49:59 AM »
Aww.. I was enjoying all the bad referee jokes on the internet this week. :lmao:

at first they were funny until I saw this one (or a similar variation of it) about 500 times

Whichever presidential candidate runs on the platform of deporting Roger Goodell gets my vote.

apparently football > jobs

Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 03:52:37 PM »
Those temp refs were really bad. Glad to see the regular ones back.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 03:58:39 PM »
I am glad to be able to finally scream at the real refs for the lousy job they do.

They were saying on the radio this morning that their contract pays them $180,000.00 a season. Eh? Work six months, make a $180,000.00 and take a vacation the rest of the year. Talk about luck, and being over payed.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 04:49:25 PM »
I am glad to be able to finally scream at the real refs for the lousy job they do.

They were saying on the radio this morning that their contract pays them $180,000.00 a season. Eh? Work six months, make a $180,000.00 and take a vacation the rest of the year. Talk about luck, and being over payed.

KR, it's a part-time gig, too. :fuelfire: :argh: :hammer:

But, they put up with a whole buttload of abuse from the fans.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 05:43:11 PM »

I might point out how much harder it is to bribe a ref that makes $180K then one who makes $50K

Also the refs make $180K and are irreplaceable but the NFL minimum salary is $390K and there are lots of practice squad/CFL/AFL/ex-college players that could replace them and do just as good or better.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 06:07:18 PM »
This whole thing is very bitter/sweet. All I'm gonna say.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline CG6468

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 03:36:05 AM »
All this strike crap for about 120 guys. The system is broken.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 02:53:06 PM »
You don't give kids in a store who are crying, and throwing a fit what they want. Maybe that's not how these refs were raised, or the NFL for that matter, but that's how I was raised.

I learned from the first or second time I did it when I was a small child. Some people never grow up. Daddy (NFL in this case) always has to take care of them.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 03:02:44 PM »
You don't give kids in a store who are crying, and throwing a fit what they want. Maybe that's not how these refs were raised, or the NFL for that matter, but that's how I was raised.

The refs wernt striking, they were locked out big difference.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 07:45:24 PM »
Well, it was because they wanted what they wanted. You think they would have done what they were supposed to do if daddy let them back in the house? I don't. I think the fit would have resumed. Daddy gave the children way more than daddy should have. Daddy didn't put his foot down, and it's too bad.

Especially after that Packer game where we barely eeked by. It was almost like watching the replacement refs. They almost cost us the damn game. And anyone's going to tell me what they got is worth all those horrible calls today? The kids got what they wanted, and didn't step their side up. Which they damn well should have.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 08:12:27 PM »
Well, it was because they wanted what they wanted. You think they would have done what they were supposed to do if daddy let them back in the house? I don't. I think the fit would have resumed. Daddy gave the children way more than daddy should have. Daddy didn't put his foot down, and it's too bad.

Especially after that Packer game where we barely eeked by. It was almost like watching the replacement refs. They almost cost us the damn game. And anyone's going to tell me what they got is worth all those horrible calls today? The kids got what they wanted, and didn't step their side up. Which they damn well should have.

Yup negotiating for fair market value is like a child whining, if only Obama would fix this so that everyone was paid the same amount.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 08:39:45 PM »
Yup negotiating for fair market value is like a child whining, if only Obama would fix this so that everyone was paid the same amount.

Fair market value? What were they making before all this? Like...$100k per year on average? One cannot be happy with that for a PART TIME job? Shit, I'll learn how to referee to the tee, apply for the job, and assuming I get it, but exceedingly happy with that salary. With that salary, you shouldn't have to work the rest of the year if you're smart about it. Fair market value....

Did I mention there was also bonuses for post season, and Superbowl. I believe I saw the SB refs get 114k for the Superbowl alone before all this bullshit happened. 114k for one night. Imagine that for a minute...

Offline BigTex

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 10:41:18 PM »
Fair market value? What were they making before all this? Like...$100k per year on average? One cannot be happy with that for a PART TIME job? Shit, I'll learn how to referee to the tee, apply for the job, and assuming I get it, but exceedingly happy with that salary. With that salary, you shouldn't have to work the rest of the year if you're smart about it. Fair market value....

Did I mention there was also bonuses for post season, and Superbowl. I believe I saw the SB refs get 114k for the Superbowl alone before all this bullshit happened. 114k for one night. Imagine that for a minute...

The replacement refs pretty much proved the real refs value and we are talking about 3 mil a year for 8 years or 24 million total. which would be easier from the owners standpoint paying the $24 million or having the leagues reputation and revenues hurt for hundreds of millions of dollars? It was a win-win, just capitalism working its magic, dont like it, vote for Obama.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 08:22:38 PM »
^ No thanks on that last statement.

Anyway, I really did hate a couple of the calls in Sunday's Packer game. It's like the real zebras got worse, actually.