Author Topic: question  (Read 2711 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
question
« on: September 21, 2012, 02:21:09 PM »
I was looking for a certain post by my good friend JohnnyReb, that he made near the beginning of conservativecave, probably in January 2008.  JohnnyReb's one the senior members here, and has accumulated quite a number of comments; I believe he's in the top 10 of all posters.

However, his comments go back to only April 1, 2008, and he'd been around for quite a while by then, and made the comment I'm looking for, before then.

I then looked at my own posts, which appear to be complete, clear back to the first one on January 5, 2008, hoping to cross it with the comment that Johnny Reb made.

But man, franksolich has so many pages it stultifies the mind, zaps the brain.

I'll find it eventually, but what happened to JohnnyReb's comments from before April 1, 2008?--remember, he was one of the first ones here, and there's probably a lot that's missing.

Did some malicious force erase them, but preserve mine?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 02:29:25 PM »
No, they're still there.  The message table in the database still has errors.  Anything prior to 2010 may not show up in a search.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 02:30:38 PM »
Well, it appears the memory's faulty.

My good friend JohnnyReb never signed up until February 29, 2008.....and I'd thought he was one of the first ones here, arriving all battered and beat up from our old home.

But the question still remains--did a malicious force erase all his wonderful comments February 29-April 1?

That means to find the comment, I can narrow down to "franksolich between February 29 and April 1, 2008"--but damn, that's still tons of pages.  It'd be easier to sift through JohnnyReb's comments, than mine.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »
No, they're still there.

Whew.

Thanks.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 02:35:03 PM »
No, they're still there.  The message table in the database still has errors.  Anything prior to 2010 may not show up in a search.

I'm just doing it chronologically, because I recall it was one of his very first comments, surely made during his first ten days here.  I didn't do the "search" thing because all possible search words are way too generic.

So I just went to his profile and started looking from the last page forward.

After running into that roadblock, I went to my profile and started looking from the last page forward.

The problem is, we're looking at thousands upon thousands of comments, in both cases, although less in JohnnyReb's case than in mine.

I'll try the suggestion you personal-messaged me; thanks!
apres moi, le deluge