Author Topic: Diary from Bible College  (Read 70787 times)

Offline ColonelCarrots

Re: Diary from Bible College
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2012, 02:25:34 PM »
Today was a good day. We had a great message presented by a great messenger in Chapel. Going some place with God. Was about Moses asking almost demanding that God be with them after the Israelites built the gold calf. Where Moses told God that he would not go to where God was sending them if he didn't show his presence. Wow... what audacity, but I learned that we need to have that in all the things we do. We need to make sure God is there, and today God proved that.

We went soul-winning for our Practicum class today. My friend Shane and I partnered up and started knocking on doors. We were getting discouraged a little since no one was home, no one wanted to talk. One lady even threatened to call the cops. We met George. George had been questioning the Christian faith for some time ever since he left Maryland. He felt that what Jehovah Witnesses believed was wrong. He felt that Catholicism was wrong. He went to a Baptist church in Maryland and he liked that they were talking about God and preached from the Bible. We compared and contrasted the Baptist doctrine to the Catholic doctrine and he liked it. He felt comfortable knowing that all he had to do was believe in Christ and to do what was right not to work for salvation but because he should. We prayed for at least one to be saved while we went out soul-winning and our mission was accomplished.

From my perspective I'm shocked it happened to Shane and I. We are freshman, we've never been in this situation, we were nervous. God was with us and he gave us the message and we delivered it. It made our days and everyone was praising the Lord for it.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2012, 08:23:04 PM »
Today was a good day. We had a great message presented by a great messenger in Chapel. Going some place with God. Was about Moses asking almost demanding that God be with them after the Israelites built the gold calf. Where Moses told God that he would not go to where God was sending them if he didn't show his presence. Wow... what audacity, but I learned that we need to have that in all the things we do. We need to make sure God is there, and today God proved that.

We went soul-winning for our Practicum class today. My friend Shane and I partnered up and started knocking on doors. We were getting discouraged a little since no one was home, no one wanted to talk. One lady even threatened to call the cops. We met George. George had been questioning the Christian faith for some time ever since he left Maryland. He felt that what Jehovah Witnesses believed was wrong. He felt that Catholicism was wrong. He went to a Baptist church in Maryland and he liked that they were talking about God and preached from the Bible. We compared and contrasted the Baptist doctrine to the Catholic doctrine and he liked it. He felt comfortable knowing that all he had to do was believe in Christ and to do what was right not to work for salvation but because he should. We prayed for at least one to be saved while we went out soul-winning and our mission was accomplished.

From my perspective I'm shocked it happened to Shane and I. We are freshman, we've never been in this situation, we were nervous. God was with us and he gave us the message and we delivered it. It made our days and everyone was praising the Lord for it.

You GO Young man," Keep the Faith" as we use to say in the days of Hippies.

Just be very carefull out there on the streets, God helps those that help themselves meaning HE expects us to  use our God given sense of caution.

Some days will get you down, someone will sick their dogs on you, cuss you out or even threaten you.  You may walk into a Meth lab or  into a brothel, never know who or what you will encounter in your travels.

Takes a while to know when to hold and when to fold, please don't waste your time on those that worship other GODS, Money, Fame or  Self Pleasure. People will not give up their GODS as long as they are doing well.

You have chosen a vocation much like that of the police, you will deal with more of the dregs of society, meeting just one good man a month will be cause to rejoice. 

My Uncle is a Baptist Minister AND VISITS the State prison, every week he goes to minister to the  inmates.   He gets discouraged as when he thinks he may have turned a life around, then finds the inmate was desperate for visitors and would claim to be saved when they in fact had no intention of living a saved life.  But my Uncle does not give up, he  [keeps the faith]  and  it may take him 2 years to find just one out of 2,000 men or women that he has influenced.

Just walk softly but carry a big stick, as Jesus did when he attacked the money changers in a Temple to the Lord.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2012, 10:45:37 PM »
Psalm 91:2 "I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."

God told many people "Go and I will be with thee." throughout the Bible. Many times. When we have threats but call upon God even if the worst case scenario happens you're just getting closer to God than you expected.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »
I have midterms all week. Tomorrow is soul winning. Today I had Gospels and Pentateuch. Wednesday is History of Civilizations and Thursday is English. Busy busy week.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2012, 04:18:58 PM »
I have midterms all week. Tomorrow is soul winning. Today I had Gospels and Pentateuch. Wednesday is History of Civilizations and Thursday is English. Busy busy week.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »

Close enough

Today was a tough day but I've climbed the mountain and I'm my way down. Tomorrow is history which will be great its an oral exam so I know I'll have an advantage over it. A few of us may have inadvertently caused my class to fail a question this week. Most of them didn't know to study a verse for our exam and some of us did just in case.

Also in one class we were talking about standards and we talked about not looking like a harlot, or weird piercings and I knew it was coming and we got to the topic of tattoos. I have a cross on my forearm. One of the reasons why my teacher said that people get tattoos is because they have low self esteem, they do it and don't think about it. Its more impulsive. Said it wasn't smart. I just sank in my seat a little, but in the end a girl in my class got 10 date-a-bility points for it. She felt bad for me and said I'm not a bad person for having a tattoo.  :yahoo:

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2012, 01:10:23 PM »
Midterms are over.

It is finished.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2012, 01:35:04 PM »
Midterms are over.

It is finished.

:lmao:

Dang, dude. You gonna rise from the dead in three days?

:-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2012, 04:14:29 PM »
:lmao:

Dang, dude. You gonna rise from the dead in three days?

:-)

Yeah no school tomorrow so I'll most likely sleep the next three days.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2012, 09:02:19 PM »
So one of the girls at school has been asking my sister about me. Sweeeeeet...

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2012, 02:27:21 PM »
Have you talked to the Father today?

Every night since Sunday I've heard that from Pastor Beckham. He's been at my church for Prayer revival. Wow, what a time we've been having. Monday night he preached about anger and asked us. "What are you mad about?" and last night the church gave testimonies, including me.

Long ago I was sexually abused and I had repressed it. I had forgotten it until about five or six years ago when it hit me like a ton of bricks. I told them that was the root of my evil, the root of my sin. I told them that it just replays in my head over and over again every day. Told them it affected me spiritually as well. Earlier this year I got into a fight with my Grandmother's boyfriend who was the father of the man who did the things to me. The things I said and did, you wouldn't believe that I was Christian if you saw it. I felt that my past was affecting my judgment on him and it made me think "You're his father! Why didn't you teach him these things were bad?". Then I told them that I just couldn't let go and it was hard to when someone does something like that. Though I did. Last night I let go of my anger. A pastor isn't a pastor if he has anger in his heart. I can't be a pastor if I live like that so I let go. I went to bed late, but I woke up early to go back to school to continue on being a pastor.

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God." Acts 20:24

I'm a private person so for me to share all this, is different for me.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2012, 05:38:18 AM »
Have you talked to the Father today?

Every night since Sunday I've heard that from Pastor Beckham. He's been at my church for Prayer revival. Wow, what a time we've been having. Monday night he preached about anger and asked us. "What are you mad about?" and last night the church gave testimonies, including me.

Long ago I was sexually abused and I had repressed it. I had forgotten it until about five or six years ago when it hit me like a ton of bricks. I told them that was the root of my evil, the root of my sin. I told them that it just replays in my head over and over again every day. Told them it affected me spiritually as well. Earlier this year I got into a fight with my Grandmother's boyfriend who was the father of the man who did the things to me. The things I said and did, you wouldn't believe that I was Christian if you saw it. I felt that my past was affecting my judgment on him and it made me think "You're his father! Why didn't you teach him these things were bad?". Then I told them that I just couldn't let go and it was hard to when someone does something like that. Though I did. Last night I let go of my anger. A pastor isn't a pastor if he has anger in his heart. I can't be a pastor if I live like that so I let go. I went to bed late, but I woke up early to go back to school to continue on being a pastor.

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God." Acts 20:24

I'm a private person so for me to share all this, is different for me.

You my dear are going to make one Tremendous Pastor. 

Far as I can see it anger is justified as a normal human emotion.   Jesus had quite the temper, he was no weak Willy by any means.

Some look at Jesus as a mild mannered man  But reading Scripture often one comes across a story or two that shows HE was
anything but, he could get quite outspoken at times and also physical as when he beat up the money changers in the temple of God.

Justified Anger has it's uses, keeps us on our toes to know and see Evil for what it really is.  Instead of being a coward and walking about in a "Everything is beautiful" mind set, ignoring the problems with society, then one can understand what others go through.

You don't know it yet but you are a Fighter in Gods army to fight for the souls to save.  Your opponent is Evil that does not fight fair.    Justified anger is just one tool we are given to recognise the wolf in sheep's clothing.

Young man, put on the boxing gloves and get into the ring with Evil, never feel sorry or make excuses for your opponent, just give them a upper cut to the jaw and KO the bastards.   It is only when one ignores the feelings of passion, be it Anger or Love that one finds they are loosing their soul to Evil .

You have a great future ahead of you, fear not your own humanity but become passionate about it.------And don't ignore the warning signs about guard dogs, God may be with you but remember HE gave you free choice and ability to read.----By pass that place and go on to another.   

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2012, 08:32:16 PM »
End of the Prayer revival and wow. Amazing stuff.

From my previous post I feel at ease. No more anger.

I have to thank the Lord for sending his messenger Pastor Beckum.

So have you talked to the Father today?

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2012, 09:46:57 AM »
End of the Prayer revival and wow. Amazing stuff.

From my previous post I feel at ease. No more anger.

I have to thank the Lord for sending his messenger Pastor Beckum.

So have you talked to the Father today?

Surfing about the web I found quite allot of sites that have on lookers videos of 911.  I noticed in most of the films men in priest suites, wandering about trying to help the wounded and injured.  You know the high collier with the strip of white in front, the collar that is universal as a sign of a man of the cloth.  Some how that collar gives people peace, calms them down and sends a message that be they Catcholic, Baptists or  Methodists God sent them, as He did.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2012, 03:15:46 PM »
I get to teach on Wednesday in History of Civilizations. My teacher asked if anyone knew anything about Roman warfare and I do so I'll be teaching that for about 20 minutes this Wednesday. I even found my laser pointer!

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2012, 04:50:13 PM »
Today I voted for the first time and it was exciting. I did my civic duty as an American and it felt great. I prayed to God and I begged Him to deliver us from our enemies and to turn our nation back on track.

I went to the library to get some books to help with tomorrow while I demonstrate Roman Warfare. While I was browsing I met this little kid who was in 3rd grade. He asked me what I was looking for and I told him "I'm looking for some books on Roman Warfare for my college class tomorrow." He asked me if I was a college teacher and I said "No I'm only a student and I'm only teaching them Roman warfare." He asked me if I liked to read and I said "Yes I love to read." He then asked me what college was like since he was only in the third grade and didn't know. I told him "College is fun, and you should go." I left and as I was checking out I heard him talk to a police officer and the police officer asked what he wanted to do when he grows up and the little boy said "Go to college" thats all I heard as I left. This little kid was so enthusiastic to just talk to anyone who was willing to listen. He'll be in my prayers and I hope he has a bright future.

On my way home from the library I stopped at a light by a homeless man. Had a sign "Homeless need food" Had a cross drawn on it. I felt convicted as I looked at my arm where my tattoo of a cross is at. I opened up my wallet and gave him some money, which wasn't much since I didn't have much. Told him God Bless and I went on my way. He will be in my prayers.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »
Congratulations on your first voting experience.  :cheersmate:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2012, 01:16:04 PM »
I taught my Roman Warfare class. Everyone was genuinely surprised. They thought it was going to be based on general knowledge like their weapons, but I went into great detail on their tactics. I used the Battle of Zama with Hannibal against the Roman Commander Scipio. Was a lot of fun.

Today we sang O Beautiful for Spacious Skies in class and I just felt the Holy Spirit just comfort me after last night results. I asked God to protect us, and he said he will. I can just feel it.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2012, 08:32:22 PM »
tomorrow is the Staff vs College guys football game. My number is Pi. nickname will be Higgs Boson after the god particle.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2012, 01:50:56 PM »
By my lack of reply about the game it is obvious we lost.

Well anyways my shenanigans keep going on. A friend of mine has a sister, she goes to college with me. I told him I would trade $10 and 3 goats for her in a middle eastern accent. He said yes. So I got 3 stuffed cows instead which is like 9 goats total. So its a sweet deal.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
So we've been learning about Leviticus in Pentateuch. Everything from the tabernacle to sexual immorality including bestiality. (Did you know thats a sin? Someone should tell PETA.) In Gospels we've been learning about how the Pharisees and Sadducees hated Jesus. I'm doing pretty well in History. I have a ton of memory verses I need to remember.

I don't have school until the monday after Thanksgiving. Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty we are free at last!

I'm going to try to teach in the Kid church next Sunday. If I can it will probably be about prayer.

I know what my first adult sermon is going to be about, keeping the faith during trials. I'll probably be using Psalm 91:1-8

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2012, 08:20:51 AM »
I've been helping out in the Kid's ministry for about a month now at church. Yesterday during invitation this kid came up and wanted to know how to he can be saved. So I lead him through the "Romans Roads". I was so nervous as I read to him and showed him how to be saved and all he had to do. I had never done anything like this before, and I was afraid he wouldn't understand, or even that I didn't tell him everything properly. Through the Holy Spirit he gave me the guidance I needed and there's one more going to heaven. Mario is his name and he's 11.

The Romans Road is a simple way to show someone how to go to heaven.
Step 1: Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Tells the person that we are all sinners. We've all lied so we're all going to go to hell for even the tiniest of lies. (If you want to go in depth and show how little you have to sin to go to hell.)

Step 2: Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." A wage is something you've earned, and we've all earned hell through our sins, but Heaven is given to us from God through Jesus.

Step 3: Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Commendeth means God demonstrated his love towards us. He proved that he loves his people and would sacrifice his son for everyone in the world including you.

Step 4: Romans 10:9,10 "9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." So all you have to do is just tell them, "You have to believe it in your mind, and in your heart." If they're married you can say something like "You love your wife right?" or husband if you're talking to the wife. (If she has a wife you should probably scram.) So when they say yes, you go "Its the same thing with Jesus, love him with all your heart as you would to your spouse." For the kid I used his mother as an example.

All they have to do is just confess it with their mouth and believe it in their heart. We help them do that through prayer, we have them pray out loud just loud enough that you can hear. Just so that we know they're praying the right thing and nothing out of this world like "I'm a sinner and I want to work for my salvation" Something like that. Pretty much want to hear them say that "I'm a sinner, I know I deserve hell, but I know you gave your son for me. I ask that you forgive me. Amen"  doesn't have to be exact, that's just the meat and potatoes.

Learned all this in class last Thursday in my soul winning class and it came in handy on Sunday. I was the one who had to practice in front of the class. Amazing how things work out. Almost too convenient to be a coincidence to me.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2012, 03:08:12 PM »
Been going soul winning at 3:45 every afternoon to a neighborhood around my house. There is one good thing about the Devil. He never takes a day off. He was working hard this week. Yesterday I'm leading a girl to Christ and boom. A distraction hits and she has to go. Today was a bit tough. I don't know any spanish so I was struggling to talk to people. But I'm a lot more confident now to talk to people and share the good word, and that is all because of my Soul Winning class.

Yesterday in class we were acting out door knocking and I was the guy who answered. Apparently I did a great job at representing someone who is carnal and may not understand anything you might say to them. Though I have to bring some baby powder and spray it for when I pretend I'm smoking.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2012, 11:49:48 PM »
Tomorrow I have my first sermon. Its in Junior church and I'm excited. Its about faith through problems.

Job 1:5-12 will be the main part.

I have some stories to go with it. It'll be fun.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2012, 10:53:14 AM »
I hope your sermon went well today.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent