Author Topic: Diary from Bible College  (Read 70776 times)

Offline SVPete

Re: Diary from Bible College
« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »
Lots of laughing. I threw in a Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton reference.

I haven't read this entire thread, so you may have gone into detail about the roots of your Bible college, but it sounds like it's in the Independent Fundamental Baptist "neighborhood". If my guess is anywhere close to being correct, I can't imagine Al and JJ would have many fans there.

Moses had interesting things to say about providing for the poor and whether the poor should be favored in what we would call civil courts. I like Moses's punishment for perjury, too.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2014, 01:56:26 AM »
If a man not work, let him not eat...-Paul-
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2014, 01:53:09 PM »
I haven't read this entire thread, so you may have gone into detail about the roots of your Bible college, but it sounds like it's in the Independent Fundamental Baptist "neighborhood". If my guess is anywhere close to being correct, I can't imagine Al and JJ would have many fans there.

Moses had interesting things to say about providing for the poor and whether the poor should be favored in what we would call civil courts. I like Moses's punishment for perjury, too.

You would be correct with my school's background.

I find myself jumping to conclusions on a matter that have not been thoroughly studied to my fullest extent and to compare the contrast of another's view.

I find that some Independent Fundamentalist Baptists do that. "Blessed God! Do this because the Bible said to! Amen!" I like to read, study, meditate, and when the time comes, present it to someone. However, I do not do it in an authoritarian way. I suggest, give my arguments, evidence, and give the reader or listener the chance to come to their own conclusion. If you do read the thread before this post, it would be a different. I truly was a Freshman and Sophomore, a wise fool.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2014, 06:08:16 PM »
Midterms next week, how am I celebrating my birthday this weekend? Studying for midterms.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2014, 10:14:34 PM »
Midterms

3 words

Greek 2 exams

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2014, 03:53:56 PM »
Hey Frank, I got my ASL midterm tonight.

I'm doing 5 verses from the Bible.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2014, 09:53:50 AM »
Hey Frank, I got my ASL midterm tonight.

I'm doing 5 verses from the Bible.

Please do not forget that Jesus said there will all ways be the poor.  Regardless of what we do for them, they will stay poor, diseased, unfortunate and needing the comfort of the spirit God.  This is where the Christian community comes in, not to dig them out of the hole they dug themselves  to be rescued and
expect to get the expensive oils and  food those that  others get.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2014, 03:19:56 PM »
Please do not forget that Jesus said there will all ways be the poor.  Regardless of what we do for them, they will stay poor, diseased, unfortunate and needing the comfort of the spirit God.  This is where the Christian community comes in, not to dig them out of the hole they dug themselves  to be rescued and
expect to get the expensive oils and  food those that  others get.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to November 7th. My Church is starting an addiction program to help people, and I volunteered for that. One of those avenues that Christians don't always travel down.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2014, 07:34:39 PM »
One of the reasons I'm looking forward to November 7th. My Church is starting an addiction program to help people, and I volunteered for that. One of those avenues that Christians don't always travel down.

You're going to get first hand experience with more than a few liberals, and a few conservative people.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2014, 11:57:50 PM »
You're going to get first hand experience with more than a few liberals, and a few conservative people.

It's going to be a whole other ball game once we get the addiction program going.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #185 on: October 26, 2014, 11:38:05 AM »
It's going to be a whole other ball game once we get the addiction program going.
I don't know if you are going to get much exposure to 12 step programs, but there is a lot of wisdom there.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2014, 07:53:35 AM »
Today I'm giving a speech on "Pastors and Video Games: Why it's ok". I chose that topic as my persuasive speech because there are quite a few that have double standards. It's wrong to play video games for a few hours, but it's ok to spend most of your Saturday playing golf, watching sports, TV, or other things. And of course, if all the work is said and done it's ok to spend time on your hobby. I get that, but some people still have a beam in their eye when I only have a mote in comparison.

Or they'll say video games are violent and bloody. So is the book of Judges. They'll say video games are addicting. anything can be addicting.   They say video games promote drugs and alcohol, but not all do. Though you'd be hard pressed to watch a sports game that didn't have some form of beer advertising whether by commercials or the banners on the side of the field, or to not hear a story about some famous athlete that took steroids just to win. People that kids idolize.

So yeah, I'm ready to step on some toes.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2014, 07:43:27 AM »
Today, the last day of class before Thanksgiving break. We're having my Greek class at my mom's restaurant. We're doing a "workshop".

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2014, 01:15:03 AM »
I have a friend, she has 2 kids, and she is taking them to see Santa. She's a Christian, but I have decided that if I have kids I would not teach them about Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, or any of those figures parents teach their kids. Why?

Why tell my kids about a fake fat man that sneaks into our house to deliver presents, and one day my kid will learn that Santa is fake?

Then why should I expect them to believe that there is God that bestows blessings on us, but we as humans cannot physically see his being.

I'm not talking about Romans 1 where Paul says the invisible things of God was made manifest through the creation of the world. I'm talking about a living God, Jesus Christ. One day we'll see Him, but why provoke our children against Him?

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2014, 01:26:52 AM »
Because all these can be taught with Christian priciples foremost in mind. Also, the kids enjoy the special day with toys first, then as they grow understanding that giving is better than receiving. Santa Claus is a symbol of St Nicholas. The day sybolizes the birth of Christ, the giving of gifts the gifts of the three wize men to Jesus, the gife of salvation to all from God.
Easter is the death and rebirth of Jesus, and through him all of us. The bunny symbolizes the innocent life of Christ and his bringing us the gift of eternal life (while providing proof of God's favor to Bunnies and chocolate). Tooth fairy? ****. Got me.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2014, 07:28:01 AM »
Because all these can be taught with Christian priciples foremost in mind. Also, the kids enjoy the special day with toys first, then as they grow understanding that giving is better than receiving. Santa Claus is a symbol of St Nicholas. The day sybolizes the birth of Christ, the giving of gifts the gifts of the three wize men to Jesus, the gife of salvation to all from God.
Easter is the death and rebirth of Jesus, and through him all of us. The bunny symbolizes the innocent life of Christ and his bringing us the gift of eternal life (while providing proof of God's favor to Bunnies and chocolate). Tooth fairy? ****. Got me.

That's the thing about those figures today. No one teaches the principles anymore, nor did I know there were principles other than Santa Claus was a man that dropped off presents to good little boys and girls.  I'd rather teach the truth about the holidays than allegorical Jesus bunnies.

My direct approach may be better with the religious condition of the world being on the downslope. These figures are not allegories for something biblical anymore, but are entities of their own that have their own image.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2014, 12:52:39 PM »
That's the thing about those figures today. No one teaches the principles anymore, nor did I know there were principles other than Santa Claus was a man that dropped off presents to good little boys and girls.  I'd rather teach the truth about the holidays than allegorical Jesus bunnies.

My direct approach may be better with the religious condition of the world being on the downslope. These figures are not allegories for something biblical anymore, but are entities of their own that have their own image.

Oh Blunderbuss ,  I see no problem with the very young 2-4 believing in Santa or the tooth fairy, it is a once in in a life time for them.          They outgrow that time but, when they hit 70 will still remember as they look at the grand kids and the wonder in their eyes and excitement how they felt all those years ago finding a quarter under the pillow.

The excitement of Christmas, the food cooking, the tree being brought in and decorated and the one or two packages with their name on it. The Midnight Mass and family coming in one sees just twice a year.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2014, 02:41:01 PM »
Oh Blunderbuss ,  I see no problem with the very young 2-4 believing in Santa or the tooth fairy, it is a once in in a life time for them.          They outgrow that time but, when they hit 70 will still remember as they look at the grand kids and the wonder in their eyes and excitement how they felt all those years ago finding a quarter under the pillow.

The excitement of Christmas, the food cooking, the tree being brought in and decorated and the one or two packages with their name on it. The Midnight Mass and family coming in one sees just twice a year
I still wouldn't.

I'll teach my kids about Michelle "Krampus" Obama, and how she took delicious food from families.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2014, 01:28:58 PM »
Greek Vocab Final: 97

Hermeneutics Final: 94

Only have Greek content and ASL finals.