Author Topic: With all the middle east unrest DU is still worried about Romney's taxes  (Read 504 times)

Offline BigTex

I wonder if the taxers will be like the birthers, 4 years from now claiming he shouldnt be allowed to run for reelection because hes a tax felon.

SayitAintSo (2,050 posts)

Why Mitt Won’t Release His Taxes – a Theory….

If he has not tithed the requisite 10% GROSS income, he may be MORE afraid of his Mormon constituency (the bishops, council of 12….hell the prophet too!) than any other group of voters. 10% GROSS tithing is required for a “worthy Mormon”. He has boasted of his tithing generosity in the past. If his tax returns DON’T support the 10% GROSS INCOME rule – there is MUCH more hell to pay than showing a 13% tax rate which is already pretty disgusting compared to what we ‘middle income’ folks pay.
Vincardog (16,621 posts)
6. just a theory…. That I agree with
Freddie (658 posts)
7. He's more afraid of pissing off his church

Than pissing off voters.
abumbyanyothername (2,148 posts)
8. Has been mine

ever since the "religious freedom" excuse surfaced.

Yup Mitt is afraid of giving, even though he gave his entire inheritance away.

nilram (1,190 posts)
16. Noo, I say it's because his church got MORE than the IRS!

When some old friends of mine were mormons, the rumor was that sometimes the church would ask to see your tax returns, to make sure you were tithing enough, and that their leaders pretty well knew what everybody was making...

What would be the consequence if it came out that overall, his church got, in fact, more than the US? hmmm

Now he afraid of releasing his tax returns because he gives TOO MUCH money to his church? In what world does that make sense?

Angry Dragon (19,069 posts)
4. I do believe that Willard has used some of his off-shore accounts

to launder drug money

Yes the Mormon who hasnt ever had a drink or considers caffeine a drug is using offshore accounts for drug money. How do they come up with this?

Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: With all the middle east unrest DU is still worried about Romney's taxes
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 10:09:38 PM »
16. Noo, I say it's because his church got MORE than the IRS!

That's fine with me, the IRS will just blow that money on stupid shit, the church will put that money to good use and actually help people.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »
Maybe Jason Alexander is a DU member

jason alexander

@IJasonAlexander
Theory on Romney tax shyness: must tithe 10% to his church. Now if Mormons find out he cheated THEM, damn Dog, it's on!
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 09:48:27 PM »
What is that idiot jabbering about?

The jerk store called and they're all out of you.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 10:45:40 PM »
Why all of North Africa has turned to the muslim brotherhood to create a neo-caliphate and Obama being the president of the the only super power allowing it, only a theory but...
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.