Author Topic: Pam in the hospital  (Read 5197 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Pam in the hospital
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:11:43 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021321601

demtenjeep (21,495 posts)

Was in the hospital from Saturday through Tuesday afternoon

Saturday and sunday I was pretty out of it. Acute Pancreatitus and Kidney failure because of the Crohn's

By MOnday and Tuesday early morning, I was feeling better and pretty bored so I started flipping channels on TV.

TV news stations Fox News, CNN and CNN headline news

I watched a lot of Law and Order Criminal Intent and ESPN

3 of my nurses voiced the same opinions that the TV stations leave much to be desired at the hospital. They have don't have cable, but a dish instead. There were only about 35 stations total. Several channels were repeats.

Let me just say for the record that I wish no illness or suffering even on such a vile creature as Mrs Dawson but a Wichita hospital that needs a dish and only gets 35 channels?

demtenjeep (21,495 posts)
6. it is amazing the amount of news one misses

course, Saturday and Sunday I was content to just die and be done with it.

Yeah,the news would be my worry too.  ::)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Pam in the hospital
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 07:17:51 PM »
Kidney failure and she chooses to complain about the political slant of the television coverage in the hospital room.

Stupid cow.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:23:01 PM »
Kidney failure and she chooses to complain about the political slant of the television coverage in the hospital room.

Stupid cow.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 07:23:19 PM »

Stupid cow.

Pancreatitis (cough-AndyScam-cough), kidney failure, and Crohn's Disease. It's a trifecta!

Too bad mean drunk husband Mark didn't alert the DUmp that Pam was near death's door. They could have sent healing white light and pictures of their hands.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 07:23:46 PM »
Poor pitiful Pamela.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

^^a yawning smiley, in case one doesn't recognize what it is.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rachel

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »
Wow, I feel no pity for this woman. In much of the world, people would do anything for that standard of medical treatment, but she has the audacity to complain? What a moron.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Seriously, this is why they get made fun of.

My biggest complaint when I was in the hospital was the 3am checkups.  I hated it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 07:30:04 PM »
Wow, I feel no pity for this woman. In much of the world, people would do anything for that standard of medical treatment, but she has the audacity to complain? What a moron.
You don't know the half of it.

Watch... next time you see her, she'll be complaining about paying the deductible on her state-provided health insurance.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 07:33:53 PM »

And she's one with health insurance.

You should see the primitives who get deluxe first-class medical help paid for by the taxpayers, the way they bitch and moan and whine and carry on--I'm thinking specifically of the Las Vegas Leviathan and Fat Che's little brother, who cost the taxpayers into six figures, and still they griped because they didn't have an M.D. standing by to give them a back massage, a couple of R.N.s to massage their feet, a maid and a butler, a five-star menu from which to choose lunch, a private suite with unlimited cable television and internet, and a vast buffet of pharmaceuticals from which they could pick-and-choose.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 07:34:38 PM »

With Pammy that is likely the point...to brag about her coverage.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 07:52:09 PM »
Seriously, this is why they get made fun of.

My biggest complaint when I was in the hospital was the 3am checkups.  I hated it.

During my five visits to the hospital this year, what was on TV was my last worry.

I had not been hospitalized since I was five years old. I hit the hospital lottery this year and the year is not over.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 07:58:58 PM »
Only four days in the hospital, she is lucky.  Pancreatitis and Kidney Failure and she went home after four days, and instead of discussing how great it is to have access to medical care that could help her, she decides to complain about what was on the TV.  Hint Pam for the next time you are in the hospital, most hospital TV's have DVD players, you could bring your own entertainment.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 08:14:34 PM »
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »
Whatever works...

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 08:26:06 PM »
One of the diseases had to have been caused by the laundromat accident that Pam barely survived.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
They have televisions in hospitals now?  Shit fire!

A decade ago I was in the hospital for 10 days.  They wouldn't even let me have my cell phone, and even if there was a TV, I was so out of it most of the time I didn't give a shit.

Having your guts ripped open and put back together with 36 staples will have that effect.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 08:33:55 PM »
The hospitals have their own channel now.  It's like the hotel channel that shows the weather and important stuff like the ice machine, only it airs "You and Your Pregnant Vagina" twice an hour.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 08:35:26 PM »
The hospitals have their own channel now.  It's like the hotel channel that shows the weather and important stuff like the ice machine, only it airs "You and Your Pregnant Vagina" twice an hour.

Maybe it's better than I was without a television and on Vitamin M most of my time there then.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »
Quote from: Chris_ link=topic=77974.msg :rotf:947618#msg947618 date=1347413635

:lmao:

One hospital kept showing how many awards they had won as I waited for hours to see a nurse that was late on my medication.  :rotf:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 08:41:49 PM »
The last time I was in the hospital, my surgery was scheduled for 10am.  I was told to arrive at 7.  Being the punctual person I am, I showed up at 6:55 and didn't have surgery until after noon.  I had plenty of time to catch up on the news and daytime television.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 08:50:04 PM »

Oh, great. Hospital TV. I bet they will show the live butt-cam footage of my colonoscopy, too.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 08:50:45 PM »
Never forget, Pam Dawson is a pathological liar, and a habitual shirker from work.

Maybe she's truly suffering, which would be fine by me, but I very strongly doubt it.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 09:08:53 PM »

A decade ago I was in the hospital for 10 days.  They wouldn't even let me have my cell phone, and even if there was a TV, I was so out of it most of the time I didn't give a shit.

Having your guts ripped open and put back together with 36 staples will have that effect.

This of course is one of the reasons I've seen medical costs skyrocket so much in just my life.

In 1951, in North Platte, Nebraska, hospital charges (bed and board only) were $6 a day; this was way before my time, but I know it because it's said so in one of my father's radio shows (he was a hospital administrator).

In 1971, in the Sandhills town where I spent my adolescence, hospital charges (bed and board only) was an even $100 day (source: same as above).

Somewhere in between those twenty years, hospitals started adding things such as television, telephones, and other special services.

The last time I spent a day-night-partial day in a hospital (they've always otherwise been partial-day stays) was in late January 1993, but I dunno what the basic bed-and-board charge was, as I worked for an insurance company at the time, and was 100% covered.  The room was fitted up as if in Buckingham Palace--no "special services" which I could possibly use, though--and so I imagine the basic bed-and-board charge was at least the same as the finest hotel in Lincoln.

When my oldest sister was hospitalized in one of the big hospitals in Omaha in 2000, being the last other member of the family, I had to be there.  I freaked out.  While waiting for the end to come, during the middle of one night, I went downstairs, thinking I'd find some vending machines, or maybe even a staff/visitor's cafeteria.

I'll be damned if they didn't have what seemed a full-fledged five-star restaurant on first floor; linen tablecloths and napkins, real silver silverware, waiters, chandeliers, candles, and the finest of French cuisine.

I freaked out.  No wonder hospital charges are so high (I have no idea what they currently are, although I suspect the basic bed-and-board daily fee is at least $500); all these "special services" have to be subsidized somehow.

Okay, I'm deaf, so my "needs" aren't as much as they are for hearing people.  I always endorsed Florence Nightingale's principle that the only function of a hospital is to hold ill or injured people until they get whole again.  If it reduces hospital charges, then I'm eminently satisfied with spartan barracks-style accommodations and bland food, no comforts and accommodations for visitors.

I'm there to get well, not to luxuriate around as if I were in a holiday resort.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 09:46:25 PM »
My sister died from pancreatic cancer. It shut down her digestive system and she essentially starved to death.
Its a horrible way to go, and I wish it on no one.

that said.
This little story leaves me very skeptical.
Three terrible conditions, all at once and she spends a mere 4 days in the hospital?

Pam if you are going to lie please work a little harder on the details. The internet is a big place. People from everywhere read your words, not just CC and DU. People have family members who have suffered from what you claim -- they know what happens.