Author Topic: There is unrest among the DUmmies over the Chicago teacher strike  (Read 6641 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Re: Re: Re: There is unrest among the DUmmies over the Chicago teacher strike
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2012, 10:45:57 PM »
Since the kids showing up aren't busy with school work, put them to work cleaning up after themselves. It will be a good lesson to show them what is in their future if they don't take their education seriously

Problem is, most of those kids are now watching 16 and Pregnant marathons on MTV and thinking how wonderful it would be to get knocked up...no worrying about a job, husband, etc....just spread 'em wide and watch the welfare roll in!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: There is unrest among the DUmmies over the Chicago teacher strike
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2012, 06:06:08 AM »
I like Rush's theory but I like the idea of the ranvk-n-vile getting so whipped up into a frenzy on their own propaganda they either end up doing something fairly heinous or refusing to stand down when told to do so by their handlers.

Mob politics MUST degenerate into unruly mobs.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2012, 09:48:26 AM »
I like Rush's theory but I like the idea of the ranvk-n-vile getting so whipped up into a frenzy on their own propaganda they either end up doing something fairly heinous or refusing to stand down when told to do so by their handlers.

Like the Dems' love affair with Occupoop and 'Protecting' Libyan 'Freedom fighters,' it's another illustration of how dangerous free tiger rides can be.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2012, 10:00:28 AM »

The only solution is to bring in truckloads of rulers.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2012, 10:33:39 AM »
Like the Dems' love affair with Occupoop and 'Protecting' Libyan 'Freedom fighters,' it's another illustration of how dangerous free tiger rides can be.

What else should we expect of people who convince themselves they are so wise and benevolent they can overcome the very forces of nature itself?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2012, 12:23:50 PM »
The only solution is to bring in truckloads of rulers.

A wise man said, "One man with a rifle can rule one hundred without (rifles)." :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2012, 12:42:50 PM »
A wise man said, "One man with a rifle can rule one hundred without (rifles)." :whistling:

The sad thing is, the schools probably teach more about Mao Tse Tung than they do about the founding fathers of this nation. 
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2012, 01:01:31 PM »
Comments I heard on talking heads' shows on FoxNews last night....

"The school janitors will be able to go on strike in
  • days, if the teachers continue to strike."  I can't remember how many days it was, but I heard something about Friday, but Friday might have been about something else.

"160,000 some kids are able to go to a certain number of the schools to keep them occupied and fed during the day. Which is great for those kids, but there are 400,000 students affected." Some parents were interviewed as they are having to call into work absent because they either can't find child care at all or affordable child care. This stike is jeopardizing the parents' jobs, too.

"Crime rate is expected to escalate with all the older kids out of school and nothing to occupy their time." Apparently there has been an increase in vandalism, usually done by teens. Hmmm....might see an increase in teen pregnancies too...   :whistling:

"Obama has been noticably silent on the striking teachers. He's always getting involved in other local incidents - such as Zimmerman, ( ) the professor who was arrested of breaking into his own house, (something else was mentioned too, but I can't remember) - yet he has not made any comments about the teacher strike. Why not? What is he planning to do?" Very suspicious that he's made no comment. Better to ride in on the proverbial white horse ( :-)  ) and save the day just as things start to escalate out of control?

My brother lived just inside the Chicago city limits, up until 3 yrs ago. Per him, all city employees are required to live within the Chicago city limits. He sold his very old, but updated, 1700SF 2 story house on a lot that wasn't 50'wide for $625000 in 2009.  :o  It was "inside" by less than a block, in a "desirable" neighborhood.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2012, 01:07:45 PM »
My brother lived just inside the Chicago city limits, up until 3 yrs ago. Per him, all city employees are required to live within the Chicago city limits. He sold his very old, but updated, 1700SF 2 story house on a lot that wasn't 50'wide for $625000 in 2009.  :o  It was "inside" by less than a block, in a "desirable" neighborhood.

Good on your brother for getting out.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2012, 01:10:01 PM »
That kind of money will get you 4k square feet in an excellent neighborhood and pay your property taxes for a decade over here, with enough left over to buy a second house.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2012, 01:18:22 PM »
That kind of money will get you 4k square feet in an excellent neighborhood and pay your property taxes for a decade over here, with enough left over to buy a second house.

That kind of money will get you about 10 comparable houses around here.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »
That kind of money will get you ONE 2000 sqft condo with an elevator near me.    (democrat land)

There are nearly 100 vacant houses in my community since obama took office but I suspect they will vote for Obama because it's "Bush's fault".   :banghead:

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2012, 02:08:18 PM »
That kind of money will get you ONE 2000 sqft condo with an elevator near me.    (democrat land)

There are nearly 100 vacant houses in my community since obama took office but I suspect they will vote for Obama because it's "Bush's fault".   :banghead:

You should see some of the wasteland neighborhoods in Gina's neck of the woods.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2012, 02:11:52 PM »
Some were marching up my street today. Cars were honking in support. I showed my devotion by flipping them the bird. Bunch of entitled crybabies.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »

They moved out to Palatine to a house that would cost $300-350,000 at most here, and spent almost $900,000! And it needed updating!!!!  :thatsright:
He had a chance to transfer to Charlotte but they didn't think they would like it. For someone so intelligent...  :whistling:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline jukin

« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2012, 06:03:24 PM »
Again....ALLL-together now...

THE ENTIRE STRIKE IS BEING STAGED BY THE CHICAGO "BROTHERHOOD."

The "strike" is strictly a mechanism where the teacher's union, the Rahm administration, and the local democrats are working in concert with the Obama administration to give Obama millions of dollars of free, positive real-time publicity.

Case in point: the union is asking for a 16% across the board raise. In an era where ANY raises are being given at ALL is very illustrative. What will happen is this:

1. The teacher's union and Rahm will have "spirited" but talks will stall at an impasse.

2. Barack will publicly say something like "gee, the kids need to go back to school" or something similar without arguing against either the teachers or the Rahm administration.

3. In reality, behind the scenes the Obama administration-slash-campaign (why even bother pretending there's a legal disconnection anymore), the Rahm administration, and the teacher's union will hammer out a deal so that Obama can take the credit, along with Rahm, as they will probably "settle" for an 8% increase....which is what the teacher's union wanted in the FIRST place!

4. Obama's trip to Chicago will be heralded with "bated breath:".... can Obama save the day in Chicago? The media states that if it is successful, Obama is good as elected.

5. His teleprompter will give him a great speech.

6. Everyone shakes hands, the deal is struck. The teachers are not completely happy, but in fact they got the deal they were originally shooting for in the first place.

7. Rahm is happy... he got the teachers the biggest increase in the Obama era while appearing to be "fiscally conservative" because he "agreed with Obama" that the "kids need to be taken care of first and foremost."

8. Finally, the Obama media get hours and hours and hours of Obama material, as well as material in which Obama can come in and be "fiscally conservative in a compassionate" way. Tons of FREE campaign material, as well as the ability for Madcow, Tingles, and Bashir to bash Romney and Ryan.

DON'T DOUBT ME ON THIS.

BINGO. Originally CTU was asking for 35% raises. 35 ****ING % raises.

I talked to an old guard communist that escaped the ussr in 1983 and he said people lived like shit (which I can attest to was there in 86 ans 88) but the government workers lived relatively good while the elites lived great.  See any similarities to the USSA in 2012. 
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »
Thugocracy:

False rumor of CPS CEO’s resignation leads to premature celebrations

Union crowds erupted into chants of “Brizard just resigned!” and danced to “RESPECT” shortly after noon central time when a rumor swept through the crowds that the Chicago Public Schools CEO had stepped down. Only problem: it was completely made up.
Legal Insurrection
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2012, 12:40:32 AM »
Fire, replace, forget.
Pay/benefits in line with regular working people.
It's just a job like many others.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline thundley4

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2012, 01:00:55 AM »
Fire, replace, forget.
Pay/benefits in line with regular working people.
It's just a job like many others.

It's not just the current crop of teacher's benefits that cause problems. It's also the benefits that are given to those already retired that are killing school districts and state budgets.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2012, 01:23:23 AM »
It's not just the current crop of teacher's benefits that cause problems. It's also the benefits that are given to those already retired that are killing school districts and state budgets.
Very true.
Can we stretch that a bit and mention current auto industry benefits?
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline RobJohnson

Re: Re: Re: Re: There is unrest among the DUmmies over the Chicago teacher strike
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2012, 05:49:22 PM »
Problem is, most of those kids are now watching 16 and Pregnant marathons on MTV and thinking how wonderful it would be to get knocked up...no worrying about a job, husband, etc....just spread 'em wide and watch the welfare roll in!

Now that you no longer have to work for Welfare it's the new American Dream for most of the inner city youth.  :-)

Yet we have other students and parents that actually care about education that now have the door slammed in their face. Do the families get a break from paying property taxes when the schools are not in session? Do landlords get a rebate on property taxes to pass on to those paying rent?

I do understand the new evaluation program could be an issue if a teacher ends up with a student in which the parents or the student does not care about doing homework or what his report card says. But I am sure in those cases there will be some type of provisions to deal with the situation.

Here in Nevada our public school system is ranked very low, but the state is working on it. We still have no income tax or lottery and there is no talk of raising property tax. Students are starting to test better. Teachers have agreed to pay freezes and cuts to keep the schools solvent and to keep their jobs.

Problems like schools need to be fixed from the inside out. Throwing money at most problems will never help. Look at the war on drugs and poverty. We still have both after trillions of dollars....

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2012, 09:08:34 PM »
Now that you no longer have to work for Welfare it's the new American Dream for most of the inner city youth.  :-)

Yet we have other students and parents that actually care about education that now have the door slammed in their face. Do the families get a break from paying property taxes when the schools are not in session? Do landlords get a rebate on property taxes to pass on to those paying rent?

I do understand the new evaluation program could be an issue if a teacher ends up with a student in which the parents or the student does not care about doing homework or what his report card says. But I am sure in those cases there will be some type of provisions to deal with the situation.

Here in Nevada our public school system is ranked very low, but the state is working on it. We still have no income tax or lottery and there is no talk of raising property tax. Students are starting to test better. Teachers have agreed to pay freezes and cuts to keep the schools solvent and to keep their jobs.

Problems like schools need to be fixed from the inside out. Throwing money at most problems will never help. Look at the war on drugs and poverty. We still have both after trillions of dollars....

There is almost a direct correlation between high budget primary education and low grades and low education results. Private schools do a much better job than public at a level of 70 to 80% of public budgets.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2012, 09:20:23 PM »
Here in Nevada our public school system is ranked very low, but the state is working on it.
Most of the "ranking" publicity is generated by news releases from teachers' unions.

If you go by local newspaper stories, you'll find that every state in the union is ranked somewhere in the bottom five.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »
Most of the "ranking" publicity is generated by news releases from teachers' unions.

If you go by local newspaper stories, you'll find that every state in the union is ranked somewhere in the bottom five.

You know, I have a quick-fix, a sure thing, for improving public schools.

Promote the janitors to teachers, and the teachers to janitors.

I have no doubt Anne's or Pamela's janitors can do a better job teaching, than they do.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2012, 10:11:00 PM »
You know, I have a quick-fix, a sure thing, for improving public schools.

Promote the janitors to teachers, and the teachers to janitors.

I have no doubt Anne's or Pamela's janitors can do a better job teaching, than they do.

It's a good plan, except the schools would be condemned & closed for hygienic reasons within a few weeks.