Author Topic: DUmmy DonRedwood Cannot Decide If He's Rich Or Poor  (Read 3717 times)

Offline J. M. Pyne

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: DUmmy DonRedwood Cannot Decide If He's Rich Or Poor
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 10:43:20 AM »
I'll bet his school is prohibited from holding bake sales to raise funds for the chess club because FDA doesn't approve.

Offline Karin

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 10:43:42 AM »
She wasn't allowed to bring anything, including candy.  The school district didn't want lawsuits.

Excellent point, Shadeaux.  And the spoilage of all this stuff, he says it's supposed to last them 2 months?  (Makes it sound like one of those shipwreck survivor movies).  The DUmbass doesn't think about continuity when he's composing his stories, does he?  But what was really sickening was the behavior of the other DUmbasses.  They swallow anything you care to throw at them, and they always, always, weep.  

wow
I don't know what to say.
My wife just looked over at me tearing up.
She's reading your post now.

::) :bawl:  You are a gullible idiot.  Dry your eyes, Princess.  You've been had.  

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 10:52:51 AM »
As far as I know, peanut butter has been banned by every school because of peanut allergies.

Bread, bananas, oranges, apples won't last 2 months.

BTW, my ex DIL worked at one of the poorest rated poorest schools in Louisiana and she never bought any food for her class. She wasn't allowed to bring anything, including candy.  The school district didn't want lawsuits.

Yes indeed. So much for that bouncy.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 11:29:57 AM »
The DUmmies can spin the stories all they want but this new starve obesity, starve the kids is ALL Michelle Obama.  ALL OF IT.

The new school year brings the implementation of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, which was signed into law in 2010. The Act gives the USDA the power to set nutritional standards for all food sold in schools and it is aimed to provide healthy options and fight childhood obesity.

Parents are complaining of kids coming home hungry, kids not getting enough to eat.

They are told if they have any complaints with Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act should call their legislators.

More guidelines are expected. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 11:49:52 AM »
Maybe DUmmy DonRedwood is like the late, unlamented, misspelled DUmmy hippywife.

She always took trinkets to her nursing home job, forcing the old folks to buy if they wanted dinner or help in the bathroom.

I don't recall where the DUmmy said he was giving snacks to the schoolkids for free.

What's a fair price for a month-old banana?

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2012, 11:57:14 AM »
The DUmmies can spin the stories all they want but this new starve obesity, starve the kids is ALL Michelle Obama.  ALL OF IT.

The new school year brings the implementation of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, which was signed into law in 2010. The Act gives the USDA the power to set nutritional standards for all food sold in schools and it is aimed to provide healthy options and fight childhood obesity.

Parents are complaining of kids coming home hungry, kids not getting enough to eat.

They are told if they have any complaints with Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act should call their legislators.

More guidelines are expected. 

According to my friend on a local school board "because of the Obama school nutrition mandates every child must take 1 cup of fresh fruit and 1 cup of fresh vegetables in order for the meal to be reimbursable to the food service company."

This means the kids are going to get served food to eat, if the kids are not getting enough to eat it is because they are not eating it. I am not agreeing with the mandate just pointing out there is no reason for a student going home hungry other than making a choice of not eating. 
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 12:00:53 PM »
This mole is soooo close to that magic 1,000, but overdoing it now that it thinks it's almost home.  Lighten up, teach, you're blowing your cover.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 12:05:17 PM »
This mole is soooo close to that magic 1,000, but overdoing it now that it thinks it's almost home.  Lighten up, teach, you're blowing your cover.
The one thousand mark was significant at the Old DUmp, because all your posts would show "1000+ posts", and confer some measure of DUmp cred.

At the New DUmp, exact post counts are shown.

Now anyone under 10,000 posts is always suspected of being a decent and civilized person.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2012, 12:37:18 PM »
One mother complained 2 chicken nuggets and 5 fries weren't enough for her high school son.
The school district increased the nugget count by 1.   :whatever:

I found a lunch picture.  I don't know what age group it's for, it was one posted on the government site.

The guidelines say you can pack your own lunch but cannot buy a lunch and bring any extra from home.  It's either or.

Guidelines suggest you pack what's on the government site if you do bring your own.  LOL, it's only a matter of time before the lunch bag shakedowns happen.

BTW, lunch prices increased by .25 for less food but it's healthier.   ::)

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2012, 12:45:20 PM »
Sun Sep 9, 2012, 08:27 PM
DonRedwood (850 posts)
27. No check here since June too. OUCH!!
I put the food on my credit card :0( with the rationale that I will skip lunch.

I shamed my supervisor into letting me get new crayons in my room this year. My district gives each room a small budget buy I have a BIG class (almost double ALL the other special ed rooms) and I get the same amount of money as rooms with less than half the number of students I have.

I have to buy all the kleenex, sanitizer, diapers, cleaning supplies out of that small amount.
Last year the district even took the money to clean the rugs in my room out of my classroom budget.

I am making almost 100% of my own curriculum as well. No library in my school.

Oh FF’s sake, do they not have “supply lists” that are sent out prior to school?

Each year the list is ever-increasing to include items for the teacher and the classroom….the lists I received this year included a PLETHORA of items that obviously were to supplement the class as a whole, and the teacher specifically.

Some of the items from this year’s lists (in addition to the folder/notebook/filler paper for my child): 3 boxes of pencils, Crayons, Jumbo Markers, two packs each  of black and red correcting pens, 10 highlighters, two packages of green felt-tip marking pens (had to be felt-tip, not ball point), 12-pack of Dry Erase Markers with an eraser, multiple sizes of Ziplock bags, Boxes of tissues, and “as much hand sanitizer as possible”. It was unbelievable the amount of items that were for the “class as a whole”.

So don’t give me that “had to shame my supervisor into getting a box of crayons” BS. My guess would be that some (if not a good majority) of those parents, much like myself, supplied MORE than enough to cover all the children in the class, for any necessary supplies that are needed.

Also...I pack my kids' lunch every day. Imagine my surprise when I got the handout sent home that strongly encourages me to follow Moochelle's ideas for a healthy lunch. It doesn't just apply to the items supplied by the school...I am supposed to follow it as well, in the lunch i pack and send with them to school.    ::)
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012, 12:46:42 PM »

Also...I pack my kids' lunch every day. Imagine my surprise when I got the handout sent home that strongly encourages me to follow Moochelle's ideas for a healthy lunch. It doesn't just apply to the items supplied by the school...I am supposed to follow it as well, in the lunch i pack and send with them to school.    ::)

Holy shit!  I would have busted some ass if they sent that shit home to me.  :rant:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012, 12:50:48 PM »
Holy shit!  I would have busted some ass if they sent that shit home to me.  :rant:

Nah...I just put an extra Twinkie in their lunchboxes.  :wink:
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline Karin

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 01:23:08 PM »
RE:  Shadeaux's lunch picture.

My main meal and caloric intake for the day is lunch.  I eat like a bird for breakfast and dinner, but I can pack away a good lunch, always have.  If you gave that to me, I'd be starving by 2:00, and thinking of nothing else.
This is panicky-bathing-suit-season food. 

I sense a black market a-brewing. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2012, 01:26:39 PM »
What kind of lunch is that?  Preschool?  If someone gave me half a sandwich for lunch, I'd be pissed.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 01:48:35 PM »
My sister has a high school grandchild so I asked her about the lunches.

She was told that lunch pictured is only one of the choices and the portions served at the high school and middle school will be substantially less than before, and yes the schools will be charging more.

The kids used to be able to get seconds, anyone wanting more for free, after everyone was served if there was food left but were told the government said they couldn't do that anymore.

Can you buy a second lunch ?  No.

She also told me the school menus have been taken down from the school site.  So you get what you get.

This is from her hometown school.  Others may vary.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2012, 02:09:52 PM »
We get lists for things our kids need, and I believe some of it is for the class as well.

At the beginning of every school year, the local TV stations (and I believe the regional grocery chain down here, HEB) hold a school supply drive for those kids whose parents can't afford the supplies.

Oh, and our kids have lunch accounts. We can add money, and they can buy food to supplement their lunches from home we pack, or their whole lunches (and extra food if they are really hungry.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:12:19 PM by Jasonw560 »
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2012, 02:28:15 PM »
What kind of lunch is that?  Preschool?  If someone gave me half a sandwich for lunch, I'd be pissed.

I would bet big $ that since this is a government job, probably someone makes a whole sandwich cuts it in half and throws the other half away before making the next one.

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline lastparker

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2012, 02:33:02 PM »
Yes, we too get THE LIST and it includes community goods.  This is the first year in six that I decided not to buy any tissues or hand sanitizer.  I will send tissues the first day my kid goes in with a runny nose, and I am boycotting the hand sanitizer entirely.  The stuff dries out the skin, and the filthy little bastards think they no longer have to use soap and water with all the hand sanitizer around.... then they come home with dirty paws covered in a day's worth of snot, peanut butter and paste.  Disgusting.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2012, 02:47:36 PM »
Oh FF’s sake, do they not have “supply lists” that are sent out prior to school?

Each year the list is ever-increasing to include items for the teacher and the classroom….the lists I received this year included a PLETHORA of items that obviously were to supplement the class as a whole, and the teacher specifically.

Some of the items from this year’s lists (in addition to the folder/notebook/filler paper for my child): 3 boxes of pencils, Crayons, Jumbo Markers, two packs each  of black and red correcting pens, 10 highlighters, two packages of green felt-tip marking pens (had to be felt-tip, not ball point), 12-pack of Dry Erase Markers with an eraser, multiple sizes of Ziplock bags, Boxes of tissues, and “as much hand sanitizer as possible”. It was unbelievable the amount of items that were for the “class as a whole”.

So don’t give me that “had to shame my supervisor into getting a box of crayons” BS. My guess would be that some (if not a good majority) of those parents, much like myself, supplied MORE than enough to cover all the children in the class, for any necessary supplies that are needed.

We are of an age that now we have great-grandchildren in school.  What you said about lists is true .  Each school year we contact the teachers of whatever school age kids are related to us and tell that teacher to keep us informed as to what supplies are needed in the classroom as the year progresses, and we will make an effort to ensure those supplies are available.  We know of many grandparents in this area who do the same thing for the offspring of their offspring.  I call BS on the responses in DUDOnRedmond's thread, but I do wonder why he/she/Pat has diapers on the list of supplies he/she/Pat buys.
This too shall pass.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 04:52:52 PM »

With lunches like that, expect this sort of behavior at a school cafeteria near you:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YfvBbxE1vU[/youtube]

The skinny kids are going to have to form gangs to fend off the fatties from their trays.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2012, 04:55:36 PM »
Redwood's BS, is nothing more than a "sympathy post" to show his/her/its, support for poor, poor teachers in chicago.
Idiot ought to change the DUmp handle to Doonyweepingwillow.

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2012, 04:59:27 PM »

If the First Wookie had that lunch every day, she wouldn't have that 50" ass.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »
Not only "payed" bills, but I don't think he/she/Pat is really a teacher.

About this time last year--or maybe it was two years ago about this time--one of the primitives starring here in the DUmpster was some squishy "gay" guy ostensibly from Portland, Oregon or thereabouts, who got all upset and bent out of shape that his comments were all over the internet, and ran away from Skins's island.

I forget his name; a fat short blubbery little guy.

And by the way, what does "Pat" mean in your comments when referring to primitive gender?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2012, 05:10:45 PM »
About this time last year--or maybe it was two years ago about this time--one of the primitives starring here in the DUmpster was some squishy "gay" guy ostensibly from Portland, Oregon or thereabouts, who got all upset and bent out of shape that his comments were all over the internet, and ran away from Skins's island.

I forget his name; a fat short blubbery little guy.

And by the way, what does "Pat" mean in your comments when referring to primitive gender?

Wasn't he a teacher, too?  Or am I thinking of another primitive?

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2012, 05:11:26 PM »

Some years ago, "Pat" was a recurring character on Saturday Night Live. Pat was a short-haired, effeminate, male-dressed character with a gender non-specific name. No one knew if Pat was male or female, and was too embarrassed to ask, so they kept looking for clues. Every male clue would be offset by a female clue.