Author Topic: DUmmy DonRedwood Cannot Decide If He's Rich Or Poor  (Read 3680 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmy DonRedwood Cannot Decide If He's Rich Or Poor
« on: September 09, 2012, 10:14:20 PM »
Our new friend DUmmy DonRedwood is back with another lame bouncy. 

Now he teaches at the only public school in America without a school lunch program.

He spends a few bucks on snacks, but has to put it on a credit card until the first paycheck of the school year.

This is the same DUmmy who was bragging yesterday about living next door to a rich family with multiple Porsches and Mercedes.
Sun Sep 9, 2012, 07:24 PM
DonRedwood (850 posts)

$71.12 That's how much I spent on food for my classroom today.

Peanut butter, bread, bananas, oranges, apples, nutri grain bars, granola bars, two boxes of cereal, oatmeal packets... I'm hoping it will last at least two months.

I wonder how many other teachers across America just spent a good chunk of their grocery money this month on other people's children.

But we all face the same dilema...how do you sit and eat your own lunch when you know some of your students don't have enough to eat?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021308777#post10

Sun Sep 9, 2012, 08:27 PM
DonRedwood (850 posts)
27. No check here since June too. OUCH!!

I put the food on my credit card :0( with the rationale that I will skip lunch.

I shamed my supervisor into letting me get new crayons in my room this year. My district gives each room a small budget buy I have a BIG class (almost double ALL the other special ed rooms) and I get the same amount of money as rooms with less than half the number of students I have.

I have to buy all the kleenex, sanitizer, diapers, cleaning supplies out of that small amount. Last year the district even took the money to clean the rugs in my room out of my classroom budget.

I am making almost 100% of my own curriculum as well. No library in my school.

Sun Sep 9, 2012, 07:48 PM
bhikkhu (6,720 posts)
10. A lot of teachers I know do similar things

I worked on a car belonging to a teacher the other day from one of the poorer districts, his only transportation. It was 25 years old and rattling along on borrowed time (barely), ready for the junkyard - we put two used tires on it and fixed an alignment issue...

Sun Sep 9, 2012, 08:17 PM
DonRedwood (850 posts)
22. mine is a 96 with some metal showing through the tires.... sigh
Must look good parked next to the neighbor's brand-new Porsche!

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: DUmmy DonRedwood Cannot Decide If He's Rich Or Poor
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 11:32:45 PM »

But we all face the same dilema...how do you sit and eat your own lunch when you know some of your students don't have enough to eat?

I hope you bought a dictionary, and merely forgot to put it in your list.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 11:33:30 PM »
Here's a response from a DUmmy who relies on the school lunch program and the Boys/Girls Club, but has enough spare money to donate to DU.
FirstLight (7,735 posts)
4. +1000!!!

I can;t believe you have to do this ...what about free lunch programs? are there kids that are not getting that help?

Honestly, I don;t know what I'd do without the lunch program, my kids literally eat me out of house & home during summer...thanks god they can also get lunch at the Boys & Girls Club in summer... How horrible that food insecurity is so rampant in our country  
I guess it is a priority thing; DU, then the kids.
edited to add: This DUmmy has a donor star
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:57:28 PM by dane »
This too shall pass.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 11:37:02 PM »
Sun Sep 9, 2012, 07:24 PM
DonRedwood (850 posts)

Peanut butter, bread, bananas, oranges, apples, nutri grain bars, granola bars, two boxes of cereal, oatmeal packets... I'm hoping it will last at least two months.

I wonder how many other teachers across America just spent a good chunk of their grocery money this month on other people's children.

Bullshit, Don.  Utter, complete, fabricated bullshit.  The Department of Education spends $13 billion a year on food.

Fool <---------> Money
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Big Don

• Well, there's nothing I won't do; but some things are gonna cost you extra.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 11:39:01 PM »
No check here since June too. OUCH!!
What a ****ing liar. Most school districts ONLY pay teachers in 12 payments a year. When my sister was a new teacher, she taught summer school every year and SAVED  that money...
Change You can deceive in!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 11:41:23 PM »
What a ****ing liar. Most school districts ONLY pay teachers in 12 payments a year. When my sister was a new teacher, she taught summer school every year and SAVED  that money...
I interviewed with the school system in Christian County, KY (Hopkinsville) and was offered two payment plans... a paycheck every month that school was in session (9 months) or to have my wages distributed over the entire year.

If someone works for the school and doesn't get a paycheck for 90 days, it's because they asked for it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 11:44:45 PM »
The school system here is the largest expense the city spends money on.  40% of the county's budget goes to the school.  Police, fire, and EMS combined don't get that kind of cash.

They're not hurting for money.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 11:46:36 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021249676

DonRedwood (850 posts)   Sat Sep 1, 2012, 03:16 PM

$$$PAYDAY$$$

We just payed bills, we're broke. We went to President Obama's website and we made a donation.

Not a big one. Our money is so tight it squeaks when we open our wallets. I know we are all broke and worried about finances. That is part of their plan, break the middle class and the Democrats lose all of their grassroots funding.

So, broke or not, your donation is essential. Even if it is $3 or $5. Our power lies in the fact that my $20 donation is added to your $5 donation and their $8 donation and those other donations of $3 and $10 and $100.

Give up a coffee or a soda or a beer or a joint or a tanning visit or a donut or something that you can give up and consider contributing.

I know some people can't contribute money but you will contribute in your own way. (Make a sign and go nail it to a telephone pole or go phonebanking). But those of who can spare a few bucks should.

Probably now, on payday, is probably a good day to do it.

Or don't and let a couple of RW billionaires by our election.

DonRedwood (850 posts)

3. 20 obama 10 liz, 10 duckworth, 10 senator brown, 10 claire

DonRedwood (850 posts)

not much but i'm giving up my lunch money for the month

I'm on a diet anyway.

My partner is going to do something similar--but not sure what he is giving up--probably fancy downtown coffee drinks. (kidding--he's house decaf...but even that adds up)

If you're going for DU cred, don't spin a story about poor hungry kids eight days after you got paid ( payed  :lmao: ) and spent most of your cash on DUmmy donations. It looks kinda well MADE UP. Plus every school has free breakfast, free lunch, free snacks. It's been like that for over 25 years.  We had FREE fruit snacks during the day back in the stone age.  :-) 

And he claims he lives around the rich ?  He lie.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 11:48:30 PM »
partner
Yeah. :whatever:

:gay:

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 11:49:03 PM »
 :rotf:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 11:59:51 PM »
We just payed bills, we're broke.
Claims to be a schoolteacher, but he "payed" bills.

Don't forget, this is the DUmpmonkey who yesterday wanted to hit his rich neighbor with a shovel - the neighbor who always has a new Porsche or Mercedes.

Quite a diverse neighborhood, wouldn't you say?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 12:01:27 AM »
Maybe the rich neighbor with the Porsche is slumming it so he can save money and get ahead, a concept that doesn't show up on Don's radar.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:04:19 AM by Chris_ »

Offline Rachel

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 12:01:35 AM »
That really doesn't add up, unless he lives in some strange community where the poor live next to the rich. The more likely answer being that people over at DU are gullible/stupid enough to believe what he posts.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 12:03:34 AM »
That really doesn't add up, unless he lives in some strange community where the poor live next to the rich. The more likely answer being that people over at DU are gullible/stupid enough to believe what he posts.
Yes.

He never did say what model Porsche the neighbor was driving.  You can get a 944 Turbo on Craigslist for a few thousand dollars.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 12:05:00 AM »
Claims to be a schoolteacher, but he "payed" bills.

Don't forget, this is the DUmpmonkey who yesterday wanted to hit his rich neighbor with a shovel - the neighbor who always has a new Porsche or Mercedes.

Quite a diverse neighborhood, wouldn't you say?

Not only "payed" bills, but
Or don't and let a couple of RW billionaires by our election.

I don't think he/she/Pat is really a teacher.
This too shall pass.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 12:12:44 AM »
STRIKE!  Obama's Chicago In Chaos As Teachers Walk Out On Needy Kids

President Barack Obama's home town is in chaos as the Chicago Teachers Union has declared a strike starting Monday for the first time in 25 years, defying Obama's former chief of staff, now Chicago mayor, Rahm Emanuel.
Breitbart

Oh my.

Offline Rachel

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 12:16:33 AM »
Breitbart

Oh my.

Another example of the selfishness of unions, wanting to satisfy themselves and not caring how them going on strike harms those who use their services.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 12:17:16 AM »
I wonder if teacher Don is a member of the teacher's union.

This could get interesting.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 08:00:25 AM »
Oh now.

Give up a coffee or a soda or a beer or a joint.....

What primitive's going to give that up, for any reason?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 08:54:15 AM »
A handful of DUmmies mention the Federal school lunch program, but he never addresses that.  He just wants the sob story, and the slobbering groveling that the DUmmies do for him.  It's pathetic. 

Starry Messenger has to pipe up and lecture him about the sodium content in those nutrigrain bars.  :lmao:  These people are such a pain in the ass. 

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 08:59:36 AM »
On the rare occasion the DUmmies do something charitable they run to DU and whine about doing so.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 09:56:53 AM »
As far as I know, peanut butter has been banned by every school because of peanut allergies.

Bread, bananas, oranges, apples won't last 2 months.

BTW, my ex DIL worked at one of the poorest rated poorest schools in Louisiana and she never bought any food for her class. She wasn't allowed to bring anything, including candy.  The school district didn't want lawsuits.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 10:03:29 AM »
As far as I know, peanut butter has been banned by every school because of peanut allergies.

Bread, bananas, oranges, apples won't last 2 months.

BTW, my ex DIL worked at one of the poorest rated poorest schools in Louisiana and she never bought any food for her class. She wasn't allowed to bring anything, including candy.  The school district didn't want lawsuits.

:thatsright:  you just crushed his bouncy!   :lmao:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »
A peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white bread costs 53 cents to make.  Those kids aren't going hungry because of money.

Liberal family values.  Good job, liberals.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »
I hope you bought a dictionary, and merely forgot to put it in your list.

You caught him in another dilemma.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.