Author Topic: Early Observations On Dem Convention  (Read 4865 times)

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
Re: Re: Re: Early Observations On Dem Convention
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 12:34:10 PM »
Even with a Cowboys game on? ???

Holy cow, Ralph!  Tots is gonna get ya for that one!  Go Saints!
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 01:22:18 PM »
Holy cow, Ralph!  Tots is gonna get ya for that one!  Go Saints!

:cheersmate:

Ok, go Jets!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: Early Observations On Dem Convention
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 03:19:32 PM »
It was meant as a rhetorical question.  :-)

I'm sure. I just like to put evidence in plain view for our primitive friends.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 05:04:58 PM »
Today's Democratic screwup - God & Jerusalem are back in the Democratic Convention platform, via obvious vote rigging by those in charge, - they took multiple verbal votes from the delegates, and even though it is obvious that the vote failed to pass, the DNC reinstated it anyway, to a chorus of boos.

[youtube=420,315]cncbOEoQbOg[/youtube]

We can haz fixed vote ?

And not a Diebold machine to be found anywhere. Imagine that.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 05:09:51 PM »
Today's Democratic screwup - God & Jerusalem are back in the Democratic Convention platform, via obvious vote rigging by those in charge, - they took multiple verbal votes from the delegates, and even though it is obvious that the vote failed to pass, the DNC reinstated it anyway, to a chorus of boos.

[youtube=420,315]cncbOEoQbOg[/youtube]

We can haz fixed vote ?

And not a Diebold machine to be found anywhere. Imagine that.

It's not the votes that count, but who counts the votes.  We have proof the the DNC backs election fraud.  There is no way that the change was supported by 2/3 of the delegates.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 06:14:10 PM »
Marbles/Mumbles Menino doesn't disappoint. I was really hoping for a few great Tom Menino moments - I was stunned that the whole thing was one big gift to the RNC.

[youtube=560,315]ArNNBsKg4-o[/youtube]

Poor Democrats. Its starting to look more and more like we got two conventions out of this deal, with the way they are tripping over themselves to prove their total lack of competency.. Martha Luther King...   :rofl:

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
Yep. Boston Mayer in the Kennedy mold. Giving speeches while intoxicated.
I just hope there are no bridges nearby.

I'm rather underwhelmed by the speeches so far. No Fire in the belly, just talking points.
The GOP convention was much more rousing.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 06:33:44 PM »
Something tells me the convention of godless perverts will lose a few viewers to the Giants-Cowboys this evening.

I've watched only a few moments here and there, but where the hell is Sheila Jackson Lee?

They showed her picture in a group of Fox "contributors" or "commentators" or something like that, just as the convention started, but I've not seen hide nor hair of her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »
Yep. Boston Mayer in the Kennedy mold. Giving speeches while intoxicated.
I just hope there are no bridges nearby.

I'm rather underwhelmed by the speeches so far. No Fire in the belly, just talking points.
The GOP convention was much more rousing.

Mayor Menino's appearance at The Democratic National Convention is brought to you by :

Please drink often responsibly  - Join our Mug Club !

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 06:41:42 PM »
Mayor Menino's appearance at The Democratic National Convention is brought to you by :

Please drink often responsibly  - Join our Mug Club !
Bukowski's, where the hopeless alcoholic Pittster goes to spend some of his mother's money every evening before he pukes.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 06:48:09 PM »
Bukowski's, where the hopeless alcoholic Pittster goes to spend some of his mother's money every evening before he pukes.

Yes indeed.

I bet he has earned at least a hundred Bukowski mugs by now, and probably his own private room in the back.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 08:04:33 PM »
The Old DUmp is on Defcon 3.

Don't know what's going on at the perverts' convention in Charlotte, but they must be worked up.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 08:12:34 PM »
This was so dull, it made me wonder if the Bostonian Drunkard had written anything of late. By his own admission he was too gobsmacked by the competence of the RNC that he hadn't written a single world all that week.

Then it got so boring I went into a temporary coma.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Karin

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 07:49:49 AM »
OK, I did like Frank said, and ate my peas.  I watched the Sandra Fluke episode.  Here it is:

"Rush Limbaugh made fun of me!!   :bawl:  Where was Mitt Romney to come to my rescue???  Well, where was he???  Republicans are a bunch of bigots!!!  Rush Limbaugh attacked me!!    :bawl:  I demand to know why Mitt Romney didn't come to my defense!!!   :bawl:   Oh, and the Repukes are bigots!!! " 

Then she walked off, showing her big chunky dumpy legs tottering on heels. 

I fell asleep way before the rapist-in-chief came aboard. 

That was pretty funny with the voice vote.  Despite what Durbin said, they are godless, and hate Israel, too.  We see it at the DUmp every day.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 07:57:42 AM »

Thanks for the report; I wondered what the nine-dollar-a-month whore had said.

I didn't think the Impeached One would say much of interest, anyway; I have the impression that despite all appearances, he deep down inside knows the upcoming fate of the Democrats, and while it bothers him, he can't do anything about it, other than accept the inevitable and then get to work rebuilding from the ashes.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 08:17:38 AM »

Thanks for the report; I wondered what the nine-dollar-a-month whore had said.

I didn't think the Impeached One would say much of interest, anyway; I have the impression that despite all appearances, he deep down inside knows the upcoming fate of the Democrats, and while it bothers him, he can't do anything about it, other than accept the inevitable and then get to work rebuilding from the ashes.

But, frank, he is Barack Hussein Obama.   He's supposed to be able to make the oceans stabilize, the rains come (or go, as he wishes), the planet heal, and all of the peoples of the world like him and the USSA.  His ego won't allow him to come to the conclusion in your last sentence.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 08:33:48 AM »
Frank, I heard snippets of the Impeached One this morning from replays.  All he apparently said was that we were better off (way better off!) than we were 4 years ago.  

Talk about out of touch.  He and the shrew are made of money.  They don't feel the pinch of crushing inflation or jacked-up taxes, or any other trouble.  How much was Chelsea's wedding again?  $4 million?  

I don't know why they think this tactic will work.  I heard the dems had some internal focus group work done.  The focus groups said, "STOP telling us that things are getting better!  STOP blowing sunshine up you know where.  It's not getting better, and you're pissing us off."  

P.S.  I forgot to mention I ate more peas.  I listened to Barbara Mikulski.  Ugh, she talks like a longshoreman.  And she's very, very tough to look at.  She was heaping credit on king zero for making "equal pay for women."  I assume she was referring to the Ledbetter act.  This did no such thing.  It only extended the time to sue.  Nothing else. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:49:25 AM by Karin »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 08:57:05 AM »
Frank, I heard snippets of the Impeached One this morning from replays.  All he apparently said was that we were better off (way better off!) than we were 4 years ago.

Ah, he knows he was lying, just like he always did when he was president.

But the Impeached One's a good Democrat party man; he's trying to rally the troops, even though he knows the cause is hopeless.

That's the "message" I get from reading his body language (I of course can't hear his spoken language), from recent clips on television while at the doctor's offices and in the bar (but not from when he was at the Democrat convention).

I listened to Barbara Mikulski.  Ugh, she talks like a longshoreman.  And she's very, very tough to look at.

She's a rather doughy, sour type, isn't she?

She reminds me of stout women who use dollops of cologne and perfume to disguise their usual body-odor, but it never quite works, at least for those of us with sensitive nostrils.

No matter how much cover-up she uses, I imagine there's an aura of a watery odor, plus a tinge of something suggesting incomplete use of bathroom tissue.

<<has sensitive nostrils.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 09:02:16 AM »
I don't know why they think this tactic will work.  I heard the dems had some internal focus group work done.  The focus groups said, "STOP telling us that things are getting better!  STOP blowing sunshine up you know where.  It's not getting better, and you're pissing us off."  

"When your opponent is in the midst of making a mistake, stay out of their way"

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 09:18:41 AM »

:cheersmate:

Ok, go Jets!

That would be the Iggles but I'm the forgiving type!  (or maybe you were deliberately yanking my chain a little which is cool too!  :-)  )
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2012, 09:55:20 AM »
My informed observation is thus:  It's a complete cluster**** (which we pretty much knew it was gonna be).
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Redstate

• Probationary (Probie)
  • I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb.
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2012, 11:31:04 AM »
That would be the Iggles but I'm the forgiving type!  (or maybe you were deliberately yanking my chain a little which is cool too!  :-)  )

E-A-G-L-E-S.... Iggles!

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2012, 12:42:44 PM »

Oopsy daisy.  I just remembered it was green, and up thataway.    :rofl:  I won't do that again.  My bad. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Karin

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2012, 07:15:04 AM »
The only part I watched yesterday was the introduction infomercial for Joe.  I attempted to do this while having dinner, a taco salad.  I laid out Rush's newsletter in front of me as an antidote.  The background music was piano and violins, such as might be played in a movie about a mother dying and leaving 5 small children behind, and shortly thereafter the family dog dies.  In other words, treacly, maudlin, an attempt to grab your heartstrings and play them like a cheap guitar. 

By the time it was done, I was nauseated.  I dropped my fork with a clatter, grabbed the remote, and changed it to anything else, anything.  I couldn't take it one minute more. 

From what I hear, king zero's speech was a bunch of  :blah: :yack:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2012, 07:20:12 AM »
The only part I watched yesterday was the introduction infomercial for Joe.  I attempted to do this while having dinner, a taco salad.  I laid out Rush's newsletter in front of me as an antidote.  The background music was piano and violins, such as might be played in a movie about a mother dying and leaving 5 small children behind, and shortly thereafter the family dog dies.  In other words, treacly, maudlin, an attempt to grab your heartstrings and play them like a cheap guitar. 

By the time it was done, I was nauseated.  I dropped my fork with a clatter, grabbed the remote, and changed it to anything else, anything.  I couldn't take it one minute more. 

From what I hear, king zero's speech was a bunch of  :blah: :yack:

You should have done what I did for the last three nights--went to bed. O-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.