Author Topic: primitives discuss shutting down freerepublic  (Read 6586 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: primitives discuss shutting down freerepublic
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2012, 01:19:45 PM »
I've maybe posted 10 times at FR, the last time over 5 years ago.  From what I heard, the owner didn't like Romney (wasn't conservative in his viewpoint) and based upon that went overboard on those who did support the presumptive nominee.  Makes little sense at all why the owner would do that.  While Romney is far from being as conservative as he should be for my liking, this economy stinks and it isn't going to get any better under Dear Leader.  Will Romney be any better?  I dunno, but I'm willing to take my chances.  If this JimRob character can't see that, then he doesn't need to be commenting on politics.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
I've maybe posted 10 times at FR, the last time over 5 years ago.  From what I heard, the owner didn't like Romney (wasn't conservative in his viewpoint) and based upon that went overboard on those who did support the presumptive nominee.  Makes little sense at all why the owner would do that.  While Romney is far from being as conservative as he should be for my liking, this economy stinks and it isn't going to get any better under Dear Leader.  Will Romney be any better?  I dunno, but I'm willing to take my chances.  If this JimRob character can't see that, then he doesn't need to be commenting on politics.

Imagine Gator with a bigger audience and that's JimRob right now.  He's got a bunch of nut jobs over there bashing Romney for being a Mormon and some kind of "false prophet in a fake religion" thus being unfit for the job.  It reminds me of the bigots that said Kennedy would take orders from the Pope if he was elected.

But I think Bally posted a link a couple days ago where he's decided it's better to have Romney than four more years of Obama.  Which is exactly what he did 4 years ago with McLame.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2012, 01:23:27 PM »

He was also anti-Bush then changed his mind, he was anti-McCain then changed his mind, then he was anti-Romney and changed his mind.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline commonguymd

« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2012, 01:23:40 PM »

There is luxury in being able to not vote or vote third, fourth, fifth party in a state like California.  

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2012, 04:42:32 PM »
That wasn't the real General Lee, everyone knows that.

Bo and Luke would play hell jumping over the river in it.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »
Where did sprout go? :???:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2012, 06:31:30 PM »
There are pricks everywhere, including here.

Pam Dawson called us that a couple of years ago!

I wonder if DUmmy sprout is a victim of the same chromosomal accident.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2012, 06:59:41 PM »
Pam Dawson called us that a couple of years ago!

I wonder if DUmmy sprout is a victim of the same chromosomal accident.

Okay guys (not only you, GOBUCKS, sir), I didn't take Sprout's comments about me as a personal attack on me--and if if they had been, my professional ethics as a moderator would've compelled me to act as if they hadn't been said.

I've known Sprout for some years, mostly on freerepublic.  Sprout is legit, bona fide, and a witty poster over there.  Jumping all over one of our own isn't kosher.

Other than our disagreement about freerepublic, Sprout and franksolich have always been eminently comfortable with each other.

So calm down; it wasn't personal, and it's only a solitary issue of contention among tens of thousands of other issues of amicable agreement.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2012, 03:21:41 AM »
Okay guys (not only you, GOBUCKS, sir), I didn't take Sprout's comments about me as a personal attack on me--and if if they had been, my professional ethics as a moderator would've compelled me to act as if they hadn't been said.

I've known Sprout for some years, mostly on freerepublic.  Sprout is legit, bona fide, and a witty poster over there.  Jumping all over one of our own isn't kosher.

Other than our disagreement about freerepublic, Sprout and franksolich have always been eminently comfortable with each other.

So calm down; it wasn't personal, and it's only a solitary issue of contention among tens of thousands of other issues of amicable agreement.

You're family frank...we can't let people come in here and start bashing family.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2012, 07:57:20 AM »
You're family frank...we can't let people come in here and start bashing family.
:agree: :exactly: :yeahthat:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Undies

« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2012, 08:50:18 AM »

I read somewhere about Heaven with its pearly gates and streets paved with Frank.   :p

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2012, 09:02:04 AM »
Imagine Gator with a bigger audience and that's JimRob right now.  He's got a bunch of nut jobs over there bashing Romney for being a Mormon and some kind of "false prophet in a fake religion" thus being unfit for the job.  It reminds me of the bigots that said Kennedy would take orders from the Pope if he was elected.

But I think Bally posted a link a couple days ago where he's decided it's better to have Romney than four more years of Obama.  Which is exactly what he did 4 years ago with McLame.

And the same shit he pulled in 2000 with Bush.

Guy is as predictable as the sun rising--hate the nominee, then come over to his side.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2012, 10:23:37 AM »
And the same shit he pulled in 2000 with Bush.

Guy is as predictable as the sun rising--hate the nominee, then come over to his side.
With friends like that, who needs enemies.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2012, 10:41:04 AM »
If Ron Paul were delirious with rabies, or if David Duke tried the brown acid, I'd expect them to sound just like wacko JimRob.

The probability of a legitimately decent and civilized person feeling comfortable at today's FR, let alone agreeing with the owner, is exactly zero.

As someone noted upthread, FR has become the mirror image of the DUmp, due to its deranged owner and a swarm of trolls from the DUmp.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2012, 12:13:28 PM »
If Ron Paul were delirious with rabies, or if David Duke tried the brown acid, I'd expect them to sound just like wacko JimRob.

The probability of a legitimately decent and civilized person feeling comfortable at today's FR, let alone agreeing with the owner, is exactly zero.

As someone noted upthread, FR has become the mirror image of the DUmp, due to its deranged owner and a swarm of trolls from the DUmp.

Correction to your last--Ron Paul IS David Duke on the brown acid.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Emdamascus

• Probationary (Probie)
  • E&M Knifeworks
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2012, 10:59:49 AM »
3 posts? Wow what an amateur, I once got banned with zero posts.  :tongue:

Same here, I was once banned after being called a "fireplace nazi", as per a post I made about enjoying Christmas morning with my family in front of a nice fire on a cold December morning. That's what you get for trying to build up a post count by staying on non-controversial  topics. I learned fireplaces are evil disgusting items almost as deadly as assault weapons, and very detrimental to the health of those living within 5 miles of my home.
Annoy a liberal

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2012, 01:32:30 AM »
Same here, I was once banned after being called a "fireplace nazi", as per a post I made about enjoying Christmas morning with my family in front of a nice fire on a cold December morning. That's what you get for trying to build up a post count by staying on non-controversial  topics. I learned fireplaces are evil disgusting items almost as deadly as assault weapons, and very detrimental to the health of those living within 5 miles of my home.
More dangerous than an urban assault vehicle aka SUV ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.