Author Topic: primitives discuss shutting down freerepublic  (Read 6587 times)

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: primitives discuss shutting down freerepublic
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 07:18:36 PM »
   Monk06 (5,285 posts)

10. That's good to know and the reason I posted this thread. Harper and his Tory version of US PACs robocalled Ontario voters in three close ridings encouraging them to vote the day after the election. They were caught and the case is still going through the courts and may lead to a few bi-elections. So this particular tactic is of interest to Canadians and Americans.

Never heard of it.  I suppose Rove and Cheney were involved.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 07:22:25 PM »
I was zotted for having the audacity to support ABO, as many others have been.
JimRob's so desperate he's welcoming zottees back into the fold.

You don't even have to repent your sins.

Of course, he'll still call you a godless Marxist statist, but your money is again welcome.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »
JimRob's so desperate he's welcoming zottees back into the fold.

You don't even have to repent your sins.

Of course, he'll still call you a godless Marxist statist, but your money is again welcome.

Is he? I still read there but I have no desire to go back to post there, it's no different than DU.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012, 07:55:50 PM »
Sorry Frank, decent and civilized people did not leave Free Republic months ago, backstabbers did.  I'm was sorry to see you were one of them.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

Two things...

1)You really need to research the long history of FR and Jims various leanings as it over time benefited him.

2) Since I don`t moderate this forum I feel free to say that for you as a relative newcomer to attack a long time poster,moderator and well known/respected person over a lot of years on forums is casts a very dim light on your judgment and demeanor.

Offline sunsettommy

• Patriot Master
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2012, 08:12:14 PM »
I was never a member of FR because they use a software that is waaay out of date.It is a pain to read the place there and easy here.They will continue to decline until they use a real forum to make it a pleasure to socialize in.

I was banned at D.U. and that after 3 postings.I am proud of it!

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »
I was never a member of FR because they use a software that is waaay out of date.It is a pain to read the place there and easy here.They will continue to decline until they use a real forum to make it a pleasure to socialize in.

3 posts? Wow what an amateur, I once got banned with zero posts.  :tongue:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2012, 08:54:16 PM »
In Madison the People's Central Committee on Planning and Placing unanimously voted to segregate all Republican and Democrat polling places so no liberal has to touch the voting pen of any evil icky Rethuglican.

Democrat Voters have been instructed to locate any short pier at any of Madison's lovely lakes and to commence to take a long walk on that short pier. Liberal voters will know they are close to their new polling places when they being to feel a little moist.

Being that the People's Central Committee on Planning and Placing love mother Gaia and respect all life, except fetal life, equally, they have hired the fish as poll workers for the November 7th Democrat elections.  Democrat voters are respectfully asked not to bring any fish flakes to their polling place as this could be construed as bribing a poll worker.

“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2012, 09:28:10 PM »
Sorry Frank, decent and civilized people did not leave Free Republic months ago, backstabbers did.  I'm was sorry to see you were one of them.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

My good friend Carl kind of, uh, exaggerated about me.

Anyway, I'm not responding as a moderator, but only as franksolich was on freerepublic.

I don't "back-stab;" my opinions about how freerepublic has changed over the years have been stated out in the open where everybody and his uncle can see them.  More correctly, I "front-stab," publicly out in the open.

I was very sorry to give up on freerepublic.  I had lurked there beginning in the late 1990s, and finally joined--I'm a shy person--in October 2003.  During the middle years of the last decade, freerepublic was a fun place to be, and I found myself reading it about three-quarters of all the time I spent on the internet.

It was great; lots of really good people, lots of illumination and entertainment.

And as already mentioned, we all owe a debt of gratitude to freerepublic for having been the first truly-effective counterpart to the "mainstream" news media.  Given the sheer overwhelming dominance of the "mainstream" news media, damn, that was no small feat.

freerepublic gave the voiceless a voice.

I never got involved in the various causes and crusades of the owner.  My attitude was, and is, that he owns the web-site, and one plays by his rules.  I'm a really good rule-follower; even my moles on Skins's island scrupulously observe the rules as laid down by Skins.  I thought his anti-Romney, anti-Mormon, crusade kind of stupid, not to mention short-sighted, but it's his property; he has the right to make the rules.

I stopped going to freerepublic a couple of years ago simply because the owner tolerates posters who misrepresent themselves, posters who for what must be some really weird or perverted motives, follow certain members around, bullying them.  Either would not be tolerated here.

Usually franksolich kicks bullies in both the teeth and the balls, but in this case, I figured it wasn't worth my time and trouble, and so I just went away, quietly.  I suspect the rectal apertures there didn't like franksolich simply out of jealousy, because they know I'm a bigger man than they are.

When compared with most other people, I fall short, sometimes abysmally so--but compared with the rectal apertures rampaging freely through freerepublic, unfettered by the owner, God's not demanding any humility of me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Paul Heinzman

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2012, 09:29:01 PM »

No one stabbed Jim Robinson in the back, Sprout, he ran decent and civilized people away or banned them outright.

Why don't you go back over to Free Republic and tell Jim Robinson he should be ashamed of himself. Do it as a new member, with say 20 posts. You'll get the zot right away. You come here, to Frank's house, with 20 posts, and tell him he should be ashamed of himself, and you don't get banned. But you're gonna get bitch-slapped, bitch.

Oh, you're gonna get bitch-slapped.

Now go home and get your shine-box!  :bird:

Offline Paul Heinzman

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2012, 09:30:32 PM »
:clap:

I remember seeing that. Pissed me off.

Offline Paul Heinzman

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2012, 09:32:09 PM »

Were you the one that signed up as Treeper Froll or something like that?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2012, 10:08:24 PM »

But you are still counted when they boast about how many members they have.  :lmao:

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2012, 10:19:45 PM »

You won't make many friends here attacking our hero & great friend Frank.

Frank is the best of the best. He is not a backstabber. He always steps up to the plate to help his real life friends & neighbors and the world needs more people like him.

Offline Paul Heinzman

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2012, 10:40:01 PM »
When compared with most other people, I fall short, sometimes abysmally so...

I couldn't disagree more.

--but compared with the rectal apertures rampaging freely through freerepublic, unfettered by the owner, God's not demanding any humility of me.

I couldn't agree more.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2012, 12:39:53 AM »

I read and post comments there still.  Yeah, that software is abysmal.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline vlad335

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2012, 07:32:38 AM »

Sorry for being dense. What is ABO?

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Re: Re: primitives discuss shutting down freerepublic
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2012, 07:32:39 AM »
Were you the one that signed up as Treeper Froll or something like that?

Fat Che.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2012, 07:49:39 AM »
Sorry for being dense. What is ABO?

ABO=Anyone But Obama.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2012, 09:15:40 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021177392

Oh my.

The sparkling old dude just lit a campfire minutes ago, but this one by an obscure lumpenunterprimitiven looks more promising:

Many decent and civilized people left freerepublic months ago, and went somewhere else.

Too bad for the primitives.

Since so many decent and civilized people jumped ship months ago, probably the friar primitive should look elsewhere to see what we're up to.

Not here, but how about www.conservativeunderground.com, their "Best/Worst of DU" forum?

We don't want lurking primitives here.

The bitter old Vermontese cali primitive:

Ah well, one supposes it's still legal to call people and tell them to vote on Thursday, then.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, that really happened, Anne.  We believe you.

Well far be it from me to drag a topic kicking and screaming back to where it started out but I couldn't resist posting this hilarious bit from the First Wookie:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/michelle-obama-get-polls-november-2_650573.html

Michelle Obama, speaking yesterday at a campaign event in Florida:

So that one new voter that you register in your precinct -- think about it -- that one neighbor that you get to the polls on November the 2 I want you to understand, that could be the one that makes the difference. That one conversation, that one new volunteer you recruit, that could be the one that puts this over the top.

The presidential election this year is November 6.

Vote early, vote often, it's the Chicago way. :rotf:

Proving once again they are America's Smartest Couple.  How will the DUmmies spin this one?
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline commonguymd

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2012, 01:31:10 PM »
I don't think JimRob is posting drunk, though it sure does sound like that.

I just think he's a nut, as are all his cheerleaders over there at what used to be a very good site.

He's attracting more and more nuts now, like flies.

I doubt his new stable of nuts have the means to support him the way the now-zotted decent and civilized people did in the past.

I don't think he posts drinking at all.  But the humblegunner does in my opinion.  LOL

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »
I don't think he posts drinking at all.  But the humblegunner does in my opinion.  LOL

Yeah, the owner's just out of sorts because of problems dealing with his physical incapacitation.

But humblegunner's a good reason to attach breathalyzers to computers, so that people don't make asses of themselves, posting while drunk.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline commonguymd

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2012, 01:40:29 PM »

Just looked at the zot on you.  That was a really unfortunate thing in my humble opinion.  I don't really see why.  Curious how long you were there.

Offline commonguymd

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2012, 01:45:26 PM »
Yeah, the owner's just out of sorts because of problems dealing with his physical incapacitation.

But humblegunner's a good reason to attach breathalyzers to computers, so that people don't make asses of themselves, posting while drunk.

LMAO.  Sometimes it can be amusing how the real person comes out when they are drinking and making fools out of themselves.  Several occasions all I saw was the aftermath of deleted messages and upset people.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2012, 02:43:43 PM »

How did that happen?  :o
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2012, 03:37:14 PM »

Why don't you go hug a nut, noob dickhead.  I signed up at FR in March of 98 and left that cesspool of a site several months ago.  What it is, is no longer what it was.

Take your butthurt back to FR.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840