Author Topic: Wide-Girth Kennedy-Opposed Windfarm Clears Hurdle  (Read 2077 times)

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
Wide-Girth Kennedy-Opposed Windfarm Clears Hurdle
« on: January 15, 2008, 11:23:49 AM »
An electricity-producing wind farm opposed by Sen. Ted Kennedy has cleared a significant hurdle, with a federal agency saying that the project off Cape Cod would not have a lasting impact on wildlife, navigation or tourism.

Congress gave the U.S. Minerals Management Service authority over the Cape Wind project, which would consist of 130 turbines in Nantucket Sound, five miles off the coast. And the agency’s impact statement released Tuesday indicates that the federal government is likely to approve construction of the project unless major new concerns arise, the Boston Globe reports.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Kennedy-Opposed_Windfarm_/2008/01/15/64504.html

I thought this issue was dead. Between this and Pelosi's cafeteria makeover, maybe it's time to pen another letter to the editor.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Wide-Girth Kennedy-Opposed Windfarm Clears Hurdle
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 12:03:29 PM »
You'd think they could just bottle Vast Teddy's wind.

*What is it with me today?? LOL!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Wide-Girth Kennedy-Opposed Windfarm Clears Hurdle
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 12:06:26 PM »
You'd think they could just bottle Vast Teddy's wind.

*What is it with me today?? LOL!

It would melt the windmills.  But I like your thinking.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.