Author Topic: Central Fla. Men Carjacked, Forced To Buy Beer At Gunpoint For Hours  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Central Fla. Men Carjacked, Forced To Buy Beer At Gunpoint For Hours

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A Central Florida man and two of his friends were kidnapped and forced to drive to different gas stations to buy beer for hours after withdrawing money from area banks, according to police.

Adam Curtis said he and his friends were at the Waverly Apartments in Orlando when three armed men approached them.

"(One of the men) pulled out a clip from his gun and showed us the bullets and at that point, I was pretty cooperative," Curtis said.

Curtis said the culprits made him stop at a Bank of America so he could withdraw money.

"They thought as far ahead as not using surcharges so that way they could get the most amount of money out without getting surcharges," Curtis said.

Curtis said the men also forced him to a Wachovia bank to withdraw more money.

Then, he said the men forced him to travel to several different gas stations to buy beer.

"There were times I was thinking about jumping out of the car and there were times I was thinking about screaming in the middle of the store but I was concerned because they always left somebody in the car with the man with the gun."

The culprits let Curtis and his friends go after the beer purchases and stole their vehicle.

The car was later found abandoned, but the bandits are still on the loose.

Serious Jonesing

now there are three guys that needed a beer. :beer: