Author Topic: Tyrann Mathieu "The Honey Badger" kicked off LSU team  (Read 7475 times)

Offline BigTex

Tyrann Mathieu "The Honey Badger" kicked off LSU team
« on: August 10, 2012, 01:14:24 PM »
The guy has had suspension problems but getting completely kicked off the team is a huge surprise.

BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU has dismissed Heisman Trophy finalist Tyrann Mathieu from its football program for violating school and team rules.

"We extended ourselves personally and professionally to him," LSU coach Les Miles said at a news conference Friday. "He has really improved and has a chance to take some steps as a person.

"We extended ourself to the full length of the policy."

Miles would not specify the reason Mathieu, who was suspended for a game last year for failing a drug test, was kicked off the team. "Both," he said when asked if it was a team rule or a school rule. He said it was not a legal issue.

"We'll miss the guy," Miles said. "The football team's got to go on. We'll have to fill the void."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8255988/lsu-tyrann-mathieu-kicked-team-violating-rules
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Tyrann Mathieu "The Honey Badger" kicked off LSU team
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 09:54:47 AM »
Guess Honey Badger should have given a shit.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 01:12:34 PM »
Guess Honey Badger should have given a shit.

And maybe have had a little less sunshine blown up his ass by fawning sycophants.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »
That was AT LEAST a 5 million dollar joint he smoked. He was destined to go in the 1st round and this would have been his last season as he wasn't staying for his senior year. Now, he'll play for a school like McNeese or Jackson State and wind up getting drafted in the 6th-7th. Hell, he might even have to walk on.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 10:57:56 PM »
That was AT LEAST a 5 million dollar joint he smoked. He was destined to go in the 1st round and this would have been his last season as he wasn't staying for his senior year. Now, he'll play for a school like McNeese or Jackson State and wind up getting drafted in the 6th-7th. Hell, he might even have to walk on.

Smoking dope is going to cost him big time. Miles said there is a possiblity that he could play at LSU next season but I doubt the President or the Board would allow it.

A couple years ago, LSU had the top freshman QB in the country. Perrileaux (sp) got kicked off the team and the university also.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 12:37:57 AM »
Smoking dope is going to cost him big time. Miles said there is a possiblity that he could play at LSU next season but I doubt the President or the Board would allow it.

A couple years ago, LSU had the top freshman QB in the country. Perrileaux (sp) got kicked off the team and the university also.

theres a big difference between being a prospect who hadnt proved it on the field and a heisman finalist. If Tyrann is really serious about trying to stay at LSU he could easily get back to 1st round pick status.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 01:22:32 AM »
theres a big difference between being a prospect who hadnt proved it on the field and a heisman finalist. If Tyrann is really serious about trying to stay at LSU he could easily get back to 1st round pick status.

He is gone from LSU and has signed with McNeese State which is a Div. 1-AA conference. Miles would love to have him back next year but I do not think it is going to happen. LSU does not want to get in trouble with the NCAA. If Tyrann does not get his act together, very few pro team will be interested in him as a 10th round pick.

LSU fans like myself are disappointed that he will not be on the team this season. LSU is loaded with talent but his loss to the team will be severe.  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:29:08 AM by Lacarnut »

Offline BigTex

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »
He is gone from LSU and has signed with McNeese State which is a Div. 1-AA conference. Miles would love to have him back next year but I do not think it is going to happen. LSU does not want to get in trouble with the NCAA. If Tyrann does not get his act together, very few pro team will be interested in him as a 10th round pick.

LSU fans like myself are disappointed that he will not be on the team this season. LSU is loaded with talent but his loss to the team will be severe.   

He hasnt signed with McNesse State although that is the most likely destination, div 1-aa was renamed FCS in 2006 and the NFL draft has only had 7 rounds in the draft since 1994.

Even spending a year playing at a FCS school he will still get drafted. Even Maurice Clarett got drafted and in the 3rd round no less. Some team will take a shot on him.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 01:09:04 PM »
He hasnt signed with McNesse State although that is the most likely destination, div 1-aa was renamed FCS in 2006 and the NFL draft has only had 7 rounds in the draft since 1994.

Even spending a year playing at a FCS school he will still get drafted. Even Maurice Clarett got drafted and in the 3rd round no less. Some team will take a shot on him.

He's not going to get the bigass signing bonus he would have if he'd have gone in the first, and if he'd have performed as well this year as he did last, he'd have gone in the first round next year. Who knew joints could be that expensive?

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »
He has checked into a Houston Rehab center. Who knows whether he will play this year or not.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 08:58:57 AM »
Apparently a stint in rehab did nothing to help young Tyrann (seriously, wtf is it with these parents hanging such idiotic names on these children?).

Tyrann Mathieu, 3 others arrested

By Gary Laney | GeauxTigerNation
Updated: October 25, 2012, 11:39 PM ET

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Tyrann Mathieu's chances of returning to LSU's football team took a serious hit Thursday when the 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist and three other former Tigers players were arrested on drug-related charges.

Mathieu and former LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson were charged with simple possession of marijuana, the Baton Rouge police department said in a release.

Former Tigers linebacker Karnell Hatcher also was charged with simple possession while former defensive back Derrick Bryant faces the most serious charge of possession with intent to distribute and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to police spokesman Don Kelly.

...snip...

According to the police report, officers found the marijuana in Mathieu's apartment Thursday afternoon. Mathieu answered the door, and officers "immediately smelled a strong odor of marijuana," the police report stated.

After Mathieu, 20, gave the police his consent to search the apartment, officers discovered a marijuana grinder, a digital scale and 10 bags of high-grade marijuana, including seven in Bryant's backpack, according to the report.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8552111/tyrann-mathieu-former-lsu-tigers-cornerback-arrested-drug-charges

Honey badger may not care, but he should at least attempt to spend some of his time sober.  If he would, he might realize "hey, weed is really screwing up my life".
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 09:02:54 AM »
Correction: He's not going to the NFL period.

F'n dumbass.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 04:13:49 AM »
Drugs are bad, Mmm-kay?

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 05:35:15 AM »
I thought that there was a chance that coach Miles might bring him back next week to play against Alabama. However, he will never play another game for LSU, and may not even be drafted in the NFL. How dumb is it to ruin your career and life on smoking dope.

Offline md11hydmec

• plane doc
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 10:17:22 AM »
I'm sorry, the kid was good but he should've known better.  I'm a big LSU fan so I was disappointed about it when I heard.  Too bad he didn't learn the first time.  I don't feel sorry for him.
"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."-----John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 10:31:02 AM »
Some team will take a shot on him.

Oakland Raiders?
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline BigTex

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 10:23:13 AM »
Correction: He's not going to the NFL period.

F'n dumbass.

Looks like we will get a chance to find out. He says hes declaring for the NFL draft.

Former LSU defensive back Tyrann Mathieu plans to announce Thursday he is entering the next NFL draft, a source close to the player said.

Mathieu, known as the "Honey Badger," was a Heisman Trophy finalist known for his knack for making plays last year. But the 20-year-old Mathieu was suspended for this season due to a substance abuse issue he has continued to work on.

Mathieu was arrested last month on a possession of marijuana charge. He also was dismissed from the football team in August for failing a drug test and entered a treatment program run by former NBA player John Lucas.

Instead of transferring to another lower-division school to play this season, Mathieu re-enrolled at LSU but is not playing football.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8689828/honey-badger-tyrann-mathieu-enter-nfl-draft-source-says

Offline boldfighter

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 03:40:28 PM »
If anyone can help this fellow, it is Lucas.  He does excellent work.  I know, because he helped me.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »
If anyone can help this fellow, it is Lucas.  He does excellent work.  I know, because he helped me.

Dungy would be a good role model. Really wished he'd get back into coaching. Tyrann isn't a bad kid. IMO, he was doing the same thing college kids do all over the nation. Problem is, he's in a role that's monitored by the NCAA and that's just the way it is. He is, however, a dumbass for continuing to make those boneheaded mistakes. The record shows it was his 3rd time. I've heard from actual boosters that it was closer to 8. He'll be in the NFL. He has way too much talent not to be. ...but he screwed himself out of millions. He'll get there eventually through hard work, but he was all but guaranteed it in the first year had he kept his shit straight. He'd have been a 1st rounder. Now, maybe 6th or later or even a walk-on. Hey, Brady was a 6th rounder, so the round doesn't always mean everything. Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf were 1st rounders. Hell, 1st picks.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 07:00:12 PM »
Dungy would be a good role model. Really wished he'd get back into coaching. Tyrann isn't a bad kid. IMO, he was doing the same thing college kids do all over the nation. Problem is, he's in a role that's monitored by the NCAA and that's just the way it is. He is, however, a dumbass for continuing to make those boneheaded mistakes. The record shows it was his 3rd time. I've heard from actual boosters that it was closer to 8. He'll be in the NFL. He has way too much talent not to be. ...but he screwed himself out of millions. He'll get there eventually through hard work, but he was all but guaranteed it in the first year had he kept his shit straight. He'd have been a 1st rounder. Now, maybe 6th or later or even a walk-on. Hey, Brady was a 6th rounder, so the round doesn't always mean everything. Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf were 1st rounders. Hell, 1st picks.

Do you mean like a role model to look at from a distance or a mentor to him? because Dungy should be the last guy to mentor the guy

Mel Kiper said possibly 3rd round but pretty good chance at 4th round pick

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 07:18:02 PM »
Do you mean like a role model to look at from a distance or a mentor to him? because Dungy should be the last guy to mentor the guy

Mel Kiper said possibly 3rd round but pretty good chance at 4th round pick

Tony Dungy? How on God's green earth is Tony Dungy a bad example for kids these days? There isn't a mean bone in his body. He's 110% class.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 07:25:27 PM »
Tony Dungy? How on God's green earth is Tony Dungy a bad example for kids these days? There isn't a mean bone in his body. He's 110% class.

Hes good example but he would be an awful mentor, he couldnt help his son who ODed on drugs and committed suicide so theres no reason to think he could help a random screw up get off drugs and stop making bad decisions.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 06:51:01 AM »

Which troubled players has Dungy turned around?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 06:51:30 AM »
Hes good example but he would be an awful mentor, he couldnt help his son who ODed on drugs and committed suicide so theres no reason to think he could help a random screw up get off drugs and stop making bad decisions.

Agreed.   Dungy was a bit a failure in the parenting department.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 06:52:33 AM »
This kid will get drafted.