Author Topic: Original Sin  (Read 7213 times)

Offline Zeus

Re: Original Sin
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 10:50:17 AM »
'‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY’; but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

This is the probably the number one commandment that is broken. You wouldn't be human if you didn't break it.

Therefore through piety and being contrite in seeking forgiveness of ones sins the Lord forgives and loves .
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 11:41:29 AM »
Therefore through piety and being contrite in seeking forgiveness of ones sins the Lord forgives and loves .

Which is why I say the sinners prayer multiple times a day.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 11:44:53 AM »
You wouldn't be human if you didn't break it.

Which makes one morally equivalent to a homosexual.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:52 PM »
Which makes one morally equivalent to a homosexual.

You lost me there, bud?

Offline Zeus

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 12:05:47 PM »
You lost me there, bud?

In the eyes of the Lord Sin is Sin. One no more or more less than the others except for the one unforgivable sin ,that is denying the Lord.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 12:12:54 PM »
You lost me there, bud?

From the ever quoted 1 Corinthians 6:

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

But as we've already covered:

'‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY’; but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Sexually objectifying a woman is as morally debased as homosexuality because it is an affronted to the intent of Creation.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 12:22:17 PM »
From the ever quoted 1 Corinthians 6:

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

But as we've already covered:

Sexually objectifying a woman is as morally debased as homosexuality because it is an affronted to the intent of Creation.

That is a great passage, thank you for posting it. And yes, going by that; we would be morally equivalent to homosexuals. No one is with out sin. Once you dwell into the bible, there isn't much of anything that we do that isn't a sin.

Like Romans 3:23 says: 'All HAVE and come short of the glory of god'. This is why I say the sinners prayer multiple times a day; and live be the belief that there was only one perfect without sin, and he died 2,000 years ago.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 03:34:36 PM »
That is a great passage, thank you for posting it. And yes, going by that; we would be morally equivalent to homosexuals. No one is with out sin. Once you dwell into the bible, there isn't much of anything that we do that isn't a sin.

Maybe the point is NOT to fixate on things being a sin but to celebrate the Creator by properly adoring His creation. You weren't created to walk around in sackcloth and ashes. Beauty was the first order of creation.

If someone objectified a work of art by Rembrandt with such shabby disregard as to cause the oils to smear and smudge would would rightly curse that man as a savage and drive him from our midst. And yet, the Creator has ordered a universe that brings to us beings of beauty and gentleness and affection that Rembrandt can only dimly capture that magnificencse after years of study. But when it comes to the actual living, breathing, thinking, feeling woman that is the archetype for that magnificencse how many would have no care for her except to ejaculate, wipe-off and send her home?

It debases her, the entirety of Creation and mocks the purpose of the Creator.

How can that NOT be a sin?

What if, instead, she was cherished by human eyes with the same adoration as her Creator? Would there be room for mere lust or would you rather fall at her feet weeping rather than commit any offense against her?