Author Topic: Tragedy In Colorado  (Read 2641 times)

Offline Cholley71

• Probationary (Probie)
Tragedy In Colorado
« on: July 24, 2012, 12:38:40 AM »
I think that with amount of pain and suffering inflicted the death penalty seems like the only way to get Justice.

here is an article i wrote on the incident
Tragedy in Colorado

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Re: Tragedy In Colorado
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 03:43:06 AM »
Not necessarily. I think we are going to find that this individual has some real mental issues. He was obviously very intelligent but that doesn't mean he can't be crazy. The jails are full of smart people who committed horrible crimes. While I don't agree with it in all cases the death penalty is appropriate under certain circumstances. I believe justice needs to be served but where is the justice in executing a mentally ill person.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 03:56:08 AM »
Pretty difficult to make your point when your hard work is rife with spelling errors.  I tried to read it but the grammar, syntax and spelling errors made my headache just that much worse.

Better luck next time.

Welcome to CC though.
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 03:58:05 AM »
Not necessarily. I think we are going to find that this individual has some real mental issues. He was obviously very intelligent but that doesn't mean he can't be crazy. The jails are full of smart people who committed horrible crimes. While I don't agree with it in all cases the death penalty is appropriate under certain circumstances. I believe justice needs to be served but where is the justice in executing a mentally ill person.

As far as I'm concerned, a person's mental health has no bearing on whether or not justice can be served.

The MSM, however, believes it's bad PR to use the death penalty on someone who's "elevator doesn't go to the top floor". 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:02:54 AM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 07:25:04 AM »
Personally, I would have instituted the death penalty the moment I had him in my sight. Than the courts could do what they want with me.
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 07:33:24 AM »
The sheer amount of physical preparation that Holmes underwent should give lie to the idea that he's nuts. He protected himself from harm by wearing a shitload of body armor and then booby-trapped his house to take out more.

His entire intent was to murder as many as he possibly could -- and then live through it.

If that kind of behavior doesn't discern and indicate the knowledge between right and wrong (a basic defense if one is nuts, I believe), I don't know what does.

This animal needs to be put down -- within an hour after he's found guilty, of course. None of this endless appeals bullshit that takes 20 years or more to finally slip him the needle.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.