Author Topic: Bible not against homosexuality  (Read 9413 times)

Offline Cholley71

• Probationary (Probie)
Bible not against homosexuality
« on: July 21, 2012, 10:34:28 PM »
Alright let me start off by saying that I am in no way shape or form a homosexual, I have a girlfriend and I’m happy and in love with her. So one might ask why would defend gay marriage and I’m not gay myself. Well let’s start off by saying that I grew in a city where there are many people around me who are different from me in many different ways but at the end of the day were all human. And I’m the type of person that if see something is unjust. I’m going to speak out and against it and not sit back and watch it happen. And denying two people the right to marry and live happy lives whether it is a homosexual or heterosexual couple to me is flat out wrong and it makes my blood boil. My take on life is that if someone is doing something that you might feel wrong yourself but it doesn’t affect you and no one else why hinder their happiness. If your neighbors are gay what does that have to do with you? You might eat hot dogs and they are vegans so does that mean since there vegans you shouldn’t eat hot dogs. A lot of times people will say god said that being gay is an abomination but most people who say this don’t have understand the bible. I’m atheist but grew up around Christians and a lot of them said that homosexuality is wrong and clearly said in the bible. Well it did say that but doesn’t it literally. Since abomination in those days meant something outside customs of their society.
http://www.globalcollegeblog.com/the-bible-is-not-against-homosexuality.html

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Re: Bible not against homosexuality
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 10:42:23 PM »
You seem awfully intent on assuring this board that you're not a homosexual  You know, it wouldn't matter to me if you were. What new rights exactly are you advocating? My biggest problem would be forcing churches to perform homosexual marriages.  Second biggest would be forcing individual states to accept homosexual marriage.

Offline Cholley71

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 10:48:07 PM »
States rights are racist that what hindered the civil right movement in the 60's and who care if they marry what does that have to do with you

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 10:58:08 PM »
States rights are racist that what hindered the civil right movement in the 60's and who care if they marry what does that have to do with you

Sorry, I'm having a little problem with your sentence structure here.  Are you saying we should repeal the 10th Amendment? 
What it has to do with me is that you asked a question in this board and I am a member on this board.  If you didn't want responses, you should have posted in the MNS sub-forum.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 11:01:04 PM »
1. Define wrong

2. You might want to stop by our Introductions forum and make an--introduction.

3. The proscription seems pretty obvious.

4. A diversity of moral concepts is not an argument in favor of license so much as it is proof that lots of people follow bad moral concepts. Had you paid better attention to your Christian masters you would understand this.

5. Your "social norms" argument could be used to justify pederasty.

6. Your mistranslation argument makes rabbis giggle.

7. Waltzing into an established society and presuming to explain to your audience that they are wrong and you are right will win you nothing except acrimony and contempt. Perhaps you wish to re-examine your intent.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 11:13:18 PM »
Alright let me start off by saying that I am in no way shape or form a homosexual, I have a girlfriend and I’m happy and in love with her. So one might ask why would defend gay marriage and I’m not gay myself.
<snipped>

I'm a Conservative and like most Conservative/Conservative leaning Libertarians? we actually don't give a hoot who goes out with who or who commits to who, the left seems obsessed with highlighting peoples lifestyles and making issues of it just like they do with race.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 11:19:54 PM »
We got a live one. :whatever:

Why are liberals obsessed with homosexuality?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 11:24:53 PM »
Jeez Sarge,  ya didn't have to drop an anvil on the poor schlub right off.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 11:26:43 PM »
The Democratic Party is what hindered the civil rights movement.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:29:35 PM by chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 11:37:49 PM »
Why are liberals obsessed with homosexuality?

A fraud-based appeal to sentiment. As fake as:

Except now there are no children and never will be.

And it's weird how atheists--who by default are Darwinists--champion what they claim is a genetic defect that inhibits the propagation of the species.

Offline freedumb2003

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 11:40:44 PM »
Alright let me start off by saying that I am in no way shape or form a homosexual, I have a girlfriend and I’m happy and in love with her. So one might ask why would defend gay marriage and I’m not gay myself. Well let’s start off by saying that I grew in a city where there are many people around me who are different from me in many different ways but at the end of the day were all human. And I’m the type of person that if see something is unjust. I’m going to speak out and against it and not sit back and watch it happen. And denying two people the right to marry and live happy lives whether it is a homosexual or heterosexual couple to me is flat out wrong and it makes my blood boil. My take on life is that if someone is doing something that you might feel wrong yourself but it doesn’t affect you and no one else why hinder their happiness. If your neighbors are gay what does that have to do with you? You might eat hot dogs and they are vegans so does that mean since there vegans you shouldn’t eat hot dogs. A lot of times people will say god said that being gay is an abomination but most people who say this don’t have understand the bible. I’m atheist but grew up around Christians and a lot of them said that homosexuality is wrong and clearly said in the bible. Well it did say that but doesn’t it literally. Since abomination in those days meant something outside customs of their society.
http://www.globalcollegeblog.com/the-bible-is-not-against-homosexuality.html

Paragraphs

are

our

friends

Come back and rant when it isn't runon, 'k?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 11:41:37 PM »
Jeez Sarge,  ya didn't have to drop an anvil on the poor schlub right off.

It would have been an easy enough thing to pick on his spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.

THAT would have made it an anvil.

Instead I settled for a mere bag of hammers.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 11:44:51 PM »
It would have been an easy enough thing to pick on his spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.

I'm just sayin, I think he might have had one of those little squeakers or a bell inside.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 11:45:50 PM »

Actually the Democrats are who hindered the Civil Rights movement. But this isn't a thread about how racist the democrats are. - Have you ever taken a history class?

Now for you spat: If you want to be gay, more power to you. But, I do not, and will not agree with gay marriage ... It is an abomination. I love it when an atheist tries to tell a christian about what the bible says. Most of them have no idea what they are talking about and are trying to spoon feed their own Godless beliefs down people's throats.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:51:17 PM by Kyle Ricky »

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 11:48:19 PM »

Now, we aren't going to take a play out of the liberal playbook here and insult his spelling and grammar. That would be childish. After all, us conservatives are more mature than liberals, so lets show it.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 11:55:06 PM »
Now, we aren't going to take a play out of the liberal playbook here and insult his spelling and grammar. That would be childish. After all, us conservatives are more mature than liberals, so lets show it.

Whoa...what...screw that!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 11:55:45 PM »
Now for you spat: If you want to be gay, more power to you. But, I will do not, and will not agree with gay marriage ... It is an abomination. I love when an atheist tries to tell a christian about what the bible says. Most of them have no idea what they are talking about and are trying to spoon feed their own Godless beliefs down people's throats.
He wants to bludgeon you over the head with his opinion until you relent and agree to tolerate it.  You'll be compared to Jim Crowe redneck racists and have your character dragged through the mud for daring to hold a different opinion.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 11:58:58 PM »
Whoa...what...screw that!

:lmao: :rotf: :rofl: I tried  :lmao:

He wants to bludgeon you over the head with his opinion until you relent and agree to tolerate it.

Well that isn't going to happen. I don't care what crap he heard and wants to parrot. He will still be a clueless shill...

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 08:35:45 AM »
Alright let me start off by saying that I am in no way shape or form a homosexual, I have a girlfriend and I’m happy and in love with her. So one might ask why would defend gay marriage and I’m not gay myself.

No, actually, one would probably not ask that question. Nobody here cares who you have sex with, who you want to have sex with, or why you would defend same-sex marriage.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 08:48:54 AM »
From Leviticus to the Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, God has been consistent about how He felt about homosexuality. But it fits into a nutshell right here in Corinthians.

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

The Word is clear. Unrepentant (practicing) homosexuals who die in their sin, GO TO HELL. They can go to church, they can call themselves a Christian...but if they are practicing homosexuals when they die--they will spend eternity in Hell.

This passage lists a number of sins that offer the same consequences for unrepentance. An unrepentant thief goes straight to hell as well.

BUT, no other sin listed in that passage has a number of followers out to forcibly legalize their sin-calling sin a civil right.

When Jesus stopped the stoning of the adulteress, He told her to. "Go and sin no more." Repentance doesn't mean perfection, or a lack of struggle...The sin must stop! If a gay or lesbian isn't even attempting to stop the sin-They will burn: end of story.

The Bible is not a politically correct document. God doesn’t care about the opinions of kings or pop culture. The Bible is God’s divine revelation to man. A person does not get to pick and chose which of God’s Words he wants to believe. It’s all or nothing. God meant what He said.

The bottom line is this: Jesus can transform you into a new being. If He can take a drunkard from this list and give that person the strength to throw off the chains of addiction, so God can transform the homosexual. It’s not by your strength, but by His.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 11:40:41 AM »
what an absolute coward, I posted the above in the comments in his blog...and he deleted it.
You post your blog here, but you can't deal with dissenting opinions?

BS for being a hypocrite.

I'll just have to repost it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:46:15 AM by Mr Mannn »

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 12:07:09 PM »
Another crap-on-the-carpet, run-out-the-door insult to yellow dogs everywhere.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 12:15:17 PM »
In his other thread he's letting someone else (probably his boyfriend) do the work of defending his position.
I don't mind liberals coming here...but this is not just cowardly...its lazy.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 12:25:39 PM »
In his other thread he's letting someone else (probably his boyfriend) do the work of defending his position.
I don't mind liberals coming here...but this is not just cowardly...its lazy.

Neither of them use paragraphs.

Either it's the same person, or they belong to a grammatical anarchy movement.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2012, 12:28:11 PM »
What other thread?

This clown is obviously a lost soul who needs a lot of prayers. I feel for him. He is so uninformed and brainwashed. Poor guy. I can only imagine how that must feel. Ok, maybe I don't care about him or what he thinks.