Author Topic: Cali puts Nads on ignore  (Read 5278 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Cali puts Nads on ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 07:52:43 AM »
I notice that you're using Internet Explorer for a browser so I opened the site with that, and I'm still not getting it. I did used to be a member of a site a couple of years ago that did advertising like that. You didn't even have to click on the word. Just move your mouse over it and a pop-up would appear. Pissed me off.

Uh uh.  No way.  I use Explorer only as a last resort.  I'm on firefox.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 07:55:36 AM »
Uh uh.  No way.  I use Explorer only as a last resort.  I'm on firefox.

Yeah. My bad. It's been so long since I've used Windows exclusively that I noticed the "start" button and jumped to conclusions. If I keep that up the DUmp might welcome me. :-)
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 08:00:39 AM »
That's very odd.  Because firefox is exactly what I'm using.

Omaha Steve would say that's because we're the same person.

:cheersmate:
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 08:15:55 AM »
That is odd.  Now I have to go look.

Nope, not getting that, Frank.
I'm suspecting a bit of malware snuck into your machine.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:18:22 AM by Skul »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Flame

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 08:46:27 AM »

Yes...has happened to me when our virus protection lapsed.  Got that back, and my husband did some resetting on the computer and it went away.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »
nadinbrzezinski (106,478 posts)

11. Sorry, but we do have a direct correlation

between states with what I will call stricter laws and lower gun violence.

Also the idea of a background check at a gun show sends people into fits of fear.  We already do this.

Don't worry, none of this will happen, until we have at least twenty more mass shootings, if not more.

So in the meantime, I gotta ask... is it really worth it for me to go to a public space, just in case? That is essentially the choice many people will have to make. Personally, due to the risk of copy cats, at this point I'd rather wait for this movie to come out in DVD...

Nadine, dear ... could you please provide some proof of that?  How about whole states, then cities.  I'd put the whole state of Texas up against Chicago and DC and Philly and ...  I haven't even looked it up but our whole state probably has less gun crime than any ONE of those cities.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2012, 09:57:17 AM »
Yes...has happened to me when our virus protection lapsed.  Got that back, and my husband did some resetting on the computer and it went away.

Well, okay, you probably didn't know this, but this computer did some funny things a couple of months--or so--ago, but I'm waiting for it to irretrievably break down, before I bother with hooking up the new one.

One of the mysterious things it did was shift things over to files I can't access.

I'll get around to hooking up the new one sooner or later.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2012, 10:19:21 AM »

That's what happened to me some time back.  I wish I could remember what I did to deactivate it. :thatsright:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2012, 10:23:09 AM »
frank, if you don't have Malwarebytes I would recommend going to that link and clicking on the green download button.  Let that scan your machine and see if it comes up with anything.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 01:18:46 PM »
If Nads could be any more delusional then I bet shes going to give it a huge try.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 01:25:34 PM »
If Nads could be any more delusional then I bet shes going to give it a huge try.

I'm starting to slowly come to the conclusion that nadin might have a mental problem.

Even lunatics, when they've made enough of an ass of themselves, pull back in shame and embarrassment, hoping to hide in the shadows, so others won't see them any more, and think about what an ass they made of themselves.

But nothing stops nadin; like the Eveready Bunny, she goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on, making an ass of herself with no shame.

I'll have to consult Freud, to see if this indicates a mental problem.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2012, 01:37:17 PM »
I think it is simply that, over time, liberal beliefs erode intellectual capacity and in a relatively short while, liberal people end up as little more than arc-reflex machines, always looking for ways to make reality fit their liberal delusions. 

Take Roger Ebert, for example, the man cannot be as old as he is and as successful as he's been and yet be as stupid as he appears. Liberal thinking is the link between Ebert, Nads, and the rest of the Reality Challenged.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
Liberal thinking is the link between Ebert, Nads, and the rest of the Reality Challenged.
Those are two words that don't belong together.

Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over reason.
  - David Mamet, The Secret Knowledge: On the Dismantling of American Culture
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2012, 01:51:26 PM »
I'm starting to slowly come to the conclusion that nadin might have a mental problem.

Even lunatics, when they've made enough of an ass of themselves, pull back in shame and embarrassment, hoping to hide in the shadows, so others won't see them any more, and think about what an ass they made of themselves.

But nothing stops nadin; like the Eveready Bunny, she goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on, making an ass of herself with no shame.

Here's a DUmmy that asks a simple question about gNads' resume, an easy question to answer, but it won't be answered:
SlimJimmy (1,477 posts)
63. I asked before, so this seems like a good time to ask again.

You stated before that you were an ex-cop. When and where?  
This too shall pass.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2012, 04:48:59 PM »

Still going.  :rotf:  Still wrong on most points. :-)

Response to beevul (Reply #59)
Sat Jul 21, 2012, 09:49 AM
 nadinbrzezinski (106,560 posts)
62. Nah I am not, just showing how unreasonable some folks really are

Last edited Sat Jul 21, 2012, 09:54 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

I have been for full, 100% backgrounds for years.

Now here is a question for you though, according to ABC news he actually looked at guns at the local gun store... I even think I know which one it is... but chose to buy his weapons in Colorado and NOT California, Colorado has much loser laws, and no required registration, or background check at the state level. I know, it could be as simple as he didn't want to carry them across state lines... possible. But it could also be because the CALIFORNIA laws are that much stricter and might have "caught him."

Don't worry, the NRA will never, ever let that happen. So these shootings are indeed the new normal. I wonder how many thousands, perhaps even in the tens of thousands of victims, will it take for state and federal legislatures to find one of these... (Yes we have lost over the thousand number of death already when you start adding just the major shootings)

Until then, I expect more mass shootings, and I expect more of this crap. This is the new normal.

And I will have to ask you, why not take the lowest common denominator? Will it stop everyone? Nope, but will it stop enough people to make it worth it? Yup.

Reasonable people agree that REDUCING this is a good thing... not the NRA, but hey.

I know the slippery slope argument, OH MY, next they will come for my guns, RUN! That is an NRA fear based campaign... you seriously think anybody could confiscate 300 million guns? I don't... so no, I am not afraid somebody will take MY guns away. I can still enjoy a shooting day at the range, with no worries whatsoever. 
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline thundley4

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2012, 05:00:34 PM »
Now here is a question for you though, according to ABC news he actually looked at guns at the local gun store... I even think I know which one it is... but chose to buy his weapons in Colorado and NOT California, Colorado has much loser laws, and no required registration, or background check at the state level. I know, it could be as simple as he didn't want to carry them across state lines... possible. But it could also be because the CALIFORNIA laws are that much stricter and might have "caught him."

Background checks were done. He had a clean record with only 1 traffic violation on it.  The guns were probably a lot cheaper in Colorado than in Commiefornia, just from taxes alone.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2012, 06:55:29 PM »
I see NAdinnobrains knowledge of gun laws is like her knowledge of everything else loosly based on some liberals version of reality. It's a fact that any place with the strictest gun laws like Australia or Great Britain or New york or D.C. have the highest crime rates but don't let those facts get in your way Nads of posting stupid shit online because there are still some DUmmies left that cheer you on.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2012, 07:29:48 PM »
Nads bouncy on guns from the distant past:

nadinbrzezinski   (1000+ posts)             Sun Sep-11-05 04:00 PM
Response to Reply #33
54. actually at the range when we go it is funny

one guy said, strange to see a girl here, member of the NRA?

Nope, and now no way, them Feds are confiscating guns down south, the Feds are, and the NRA are making the sound of crickets...

Hmm, you liberal?

Was cute

Yes, actually and it is my constitutional right to have a gun, so why is the NRA silent?

His shooting improved.... then he said, you know you are right, they should be making noise, it is them republicans who will take them away, so what you shooting,

Sig 9mm

Here are some pointers... on gun safety... when we left he took his NRA card and tore it apart in front of the gun store staff, and started tellng them about them republcians confiscating gusn down south and the NRA being more silent than crickets...

You just need to know how to talk the talk at times...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=4725725&mesg_id=4737716

Sure he said that Nads.   :popcorn:

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2012, 07:52:53 PM »
Nads bouncy on guns from the distant past:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=4725725&mesg_id=4737716

What the **** was that? Can we add "redneck gun clingin' retard" to it's resume?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2012, 07:57:27 PM »
Here are some pointers... on gun safety... when we left he took his NRA card and tore it apart in front of the gun store staff, and started tellng them about them republcians confiscating gusn down south and the NRA being more silent than crickets...

How does she know what he did once she left?

And the NRA card...Mine's plastic...like a credit card. Kind of hard to "tear it apart"
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline thundley4

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2012, 08:06:37 PM »

How does she know what he did once she left?

And the NRA card...Mine's plastic...like a credit card. Kind of hard to "tear it apart"

She meant to say before they left, and he used the 8 inch knife that gnads carries on airplanes to cut it up.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »

nadinbrzezinski   (1000+ posts)             Sun Sep-11-05 04:00 PM
Response to Reply #33

54. actually at the range when we go it is funny

one guy said, strange to see a girl here.....

That's where nadin stretched things.

A male of average discernment, including those blind, upon encountering nadin for the first time, would never say, ".....strange to see a girl here....."

He'd probably want to be a little more earthy, but being a gentleman, he'd say, "strange to see you here....." staying away from disparaging terms about little women or ugly people.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2012, 10:50:12 PM »
She meant to say before they left, and he used the 8 inch knife that gnads carries on airplanes to cut it up.

I stand corrected... :rofl:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2012, 10:54:12 PM »
That's where nadin stretched things.

A male of average discernment, including those blind, upon encountering nadin for the first time, would never say, ".....strange to see a girl here....."

He'd probably want to be a little more earthy, but being a gentleman, he'd say, "strange to see you here....." staying away from disparaging terms about little women or ugly people.

Having witnessed nadin first hand, no one is ever going to refer to her as a "girl".

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2012, 10:56:19 PM »
Having witnessed nadin first hand, no one is ever going to refer to her as a "girl".

That's what I thought.

When looking at nadin, "girl" is about the last word to come to mind.

But we being gentlemen, instead of saying one of the words that do come immediately to mind, would be gracious and just say, ".....to see you here...."
apres moi, le deluge