Author Topic: Cool Whip Recipes  (Read 2726 times)

Offline debk

Cool Whip Recipes
« on: July 08, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »
Since there are those who feel Cool Whip is an abomination (Thor  :tongue: )...I thought I would start an ENTIRE thread on Cool Whip recipes.

Please only do 1 recipe per post in order to make them easier to print out for those who want the recipe. Thanks!!!

Based on the topic line, it can easily ignored by those who would make derogatory remarks about the use of Cool Whip.  :-)  

that last comment should guarantee a lot of traffic ....   :lol:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:55:04 PM by debk »
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Cool Whip Recipes
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 02:57:47 PM »
This is awesome, I'm allergic to strawberries so I omit them:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/angel-lush-pineapple-74114.aspx

Angel Lush with Pineapple

1 can  (20 oz.) DOLE Crushed Pineapple in Juice, undrained
1 pkg.  (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup  thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1 pkg.  (10 oz.) round angel food cake, cut into 3 layers
10 small  fresh strawberries

MIX pineapple and dry pudding mix. Gently stir in COOL WHIP.

STACK cake layers on plate, spreading pudding mixture between layers and on top of cake.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour. Top with berries.

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline debk

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 03:15:33 PM »
Frozen Lime Pineapple Mint Cups - makes about 24

1 large can of crushed pineapple - undrained
1 small can of crushed pineapple - undrained
1 large box of lime jello
4 cups mini marshmallows
1 box butter mints - crushed to small pieces using hammer or rolling pin in a baggie. food processor not a good idea.  :thatsright:

1 regular size container of Cool Whip-thawed

In large bowl, mix together jello and pineapple, stirring well until jello looks pretty well dissolved. Add in the marshmallows and crushed butter mints. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir in the thawed Cool Whip. Using a muffin pan with muffin liners, fill, cover and freeze at least 6 hours. They will keep in freezer if well covered or in a large freezer baggie for a couple of months.

Do not remove from freezer until just before serving as they will collapse if left sitting out for any length of time. I usually leave them in the liners.

At Christmas time, I have served them with a dollop of real whipped cream and a candied red cherry on top.

Can do them with the multi-colored buttermints and colored mini marshmallows for a fun look for a baby shower. Put one of those little baby shoe or rattle candies on top of the whipped cream that you can find at party stores or craft stores in the cake decorating aisle. With all the fun cupcake liners these days, you can do all kinds of things.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 07:16:37 PM »
Easy Yogurt Cool Whip Pie

3 individual yogurt cups, blended yogurt, whatever flavor you want.
1 small Cool Whip

Mix

Put in a Graham Cracker Crust and freeze about 20 minutes.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »
Frozen Lime Pineapple Mint Cups - makes about 24

That is what my grandmother used to make, minus the crushed mints!  I knew it!