Author Topic: It's cool whip time  (Read 6696 times)

Offline jtyangel

It's cool whip time
« on: July 03, 2012, 03:24:46 PM »
This one is for BEG and Dixiebelle...I'm sure they will recall our past shared experiences on cool whip threads... :lmao: :lmao:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1819,157169-231203,00.html

Jello cool whip salad...making snobs irritated since 2006ish :-)

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: It's cool whip time
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »
JELLO COOL WHIP FRUIT SALAD   
2 cans fruit cocktail
1 can mandarin oranges
1 (20 oz.) can chunk pineapple
3 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. Cool Whip
3 oz. Jello (strawberry, cherry or banana)

Drain fruit. Soften cream cheese in a large bowl. Add Cool Whip and dry Jello (don't add water, just powder). Blend cheese, Cool Whip and Jello together. Mix with fruit and serve.

I just showed that to my wife. She is making me some. love Fruit Salad and Cool Whip. Yummy...

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 03:36:29 PM »
I just showed that to my wife. She is making me some. love Fruit Salad and Cool Whip. Yummy...

Most of us girls here love them too. They are standard summer fare--good ole fashion USA fun and food. At one time on another forum though we had a woman who just despised the Cool Whip. It was just so commoner for her. I still will never forget that thread. Good times. Dixie and BEG will both recall it.  :lmao:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 03:48:31 PM »
My sister makes something called "banana split dessert".  Banana slices, pineapple chunks/mixed with butter and cream cheese, chocolate pudding, Cool Whip all layered on a graham cracker crust topped with nuts and cherries. (Crushed 'Nilla Wafers can be used for the crust. )

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 05:09:44 PM »
Mix a couple of blended yogurts with a thing of cool whip.  Put in graham cracker (storebought) pie shell and freeze.   :-) :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 05:33:39 PM »
 You guys are making me so hungry.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 07:51:07 PM »
My sister makes something called "banana split dessert".  Banana slices, pineapple chunks/mixed with butter and cream cheese, chocolate pudding, Cool Whip all layered on a graham cracker crust topped with nuts and cherries. (Crushed 'Nilla Wafers can be used for the crust. )

Dang, that sounds good.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 06:08:45 AM »
Dang, that sounds good.

Now you got me looking for a 1950's Jello cook book that I picked up some where years ago that has the recipes that our grandmothers made when we were kids, or parents were kids.

One section was for cracker, chip or vegetable dips that I have not made or run across in 30 years or more. Many started out with cream cheese with or with out chives, and tomato soup concentrated for a shrimp dip, with all kinds of extras thrown in.

We just don't run into these molds too often today, a shame, I will have to go on line to the Jello site /recipes to renew old acquaintances.   

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 02:22:39 AM »
Why not use REAL whipped cream instead of something that's one step away from plastic? It's really NOT that difficult to make real whipped cream. Whipping cream, confectioner's sugar & maybe a little vanilla. Beat until it reaches desired consistency.

http://www.organicauthority.com/health/skip-the-cool-whip-you-dont-want-to-know-what-its-made-of.html

http://www.jonathanfields.com/blog/horrifying-12-day-cool-whip-experiment/
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 12:08:10 PM »
This one is for BEG and Dixiebelle...I'm sure they will recall our past shared experiences on cool whip threads...

;) 
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 12:33:22 PM »

;) 

Nothing ever gets past you, wine...nothing!!!! :lmao:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 01:55:47 PM »
 O-)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 02:53:46 PM »
Mix a couple of blended yogurts with a thing of cool whip.  Put in graham cracker (storebought) pie shell and freeze.   :-) :-)

That's a really good idea.  Summertime desserts should be cold and very light (swimsuit season!)  That would be good with blueberry yogurts (strawberry, too).  

I noticed everyone ignored Thor's food snobbery.

I like Coffeemate, too.  That stuff won't spoil, but it will catch on fire (urban myth)?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:56:26 PM by Karin »

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 04:30:18 PM »
That's a really good idea.  Summertime desserts should be cold and very light (swimsuit season!)  That would be good with blueberry yogurts (strawberry, too).  

I like Coffeemate, too.  That stuff won't spoil, but it will catch on fire (urban myth)?

Non-dairy creamer is highly combustible in its powdered form when blown into the air as dust, same as flour.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 05:20:46 PM »
I didn't ignore it. I like real whipped cream, too, but I figured CC is big enough for both sides of the whipped cream/Cool Whip dichotomy.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 05:26:33 PM »
I didn't ignore it. I like real whipped cream, too, but I figured CC is big enough for both sides of the whipped cream/Cool Whip dichotomy.

I agree. I think there is a time and place for Reddi-Whip.   

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 05:39:15 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lich59xsjik[/youtube]
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 07:20:10 PM »
Powdered coffee creamer is combustible.  Got kicked out of a truck stop outside of Jackson, MS proving that.  I SAY cool whip to mean whipped cream.  Snobbery or not, it is cheaper, and better to just buy your own dang whipping cream yourself.  Plus it tastes better.  It's kinda like how we say coke, when we mean soda.  Same diff. 

Yes Karin, the recipe is just as good with blueberry, or peach.  Peach is really good.   :-)

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 08:21:19 PM »
It's funny because if I could ever get BEG and dixie over here, they will acknowledge the roots of my reference started with such snobbery as is present in this thread...ok, not quite the same level of snobbery...linda#s stood alone with her hatred of the whipped cool :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 08:23:02 PM »
Dang there's Cool Whip in here?!?!?!

I love Cool Whip! :rofl:

Just knowing that pretentious beeyotch linda# looked down her nose at my beloved dessert topping made me wanna kick her in the cooterbone.

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 08:23:58 PM »
Just knowing that pretentious beeyotch linda# looked down her nose at my beloved dessert topping made me wanna kick her in the cooterbone.
:hyper:

I'd buy that for a dollar.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 08:24:29 PM »
:rofl:

I haven't kicked anyone in the cooterbone for a long time. I'm overdue! :lmao:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 08:30:28 PM »
Dang there's Cool Whip in here?!?!?!

I love Cool Whip! :rofl:

aaaahhhhh...finally!!!! Dixie!!!! :yahoo: It's summer...cool whip haz summertime!!!!!!!! :cheersmate:

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 08:39:45 PM »
Oh well hell.  I would eat a whole dang container of cool whip if that meant I could avoid being kicked in the cooterbone!  Carcinogens and other crazy crap be dammed!!!!

:rotf:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 08:43:13 PM »
Oh well hell.  I would eat a whole dang container of cool whip if that meant I could avoid being kicked in the cooterbone!  Carcinogens and other crazy crap be dammed!!!!

:rotf:

Only linda#s deserved a cooterbone kick..your safe...back to the whispering on facebook :lmao: