Author Topic: 4th July plans  (Read 4112 times)

Offline A7X_foREVer

4th July plans
« on: July 03, 2012, 12:39:49 AM »
Anyone got anything good going on?
Going to fairgrounds to hang out with friends and family here before the fireworks l.
Then the wife and u are going to go away for a week before Basic training begins
Voting for Obama for a second term would be like the captain of the Titanic backing into the iceberg again

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: 4th July plans
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 12:53:04 AM »
I am staying home and having a cook out. My wife has to work that day, so we are just having a little family time and watching the fireworks on TV. I was going to go over to Penn State University and watch the fireworks at Beaver Stadium, but I'm really not in the mood to fight the traffic, or parking.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 05:21:47 AM »
We've got a full day. Kids are starting the am with dad and then I'll b having my friend and her daughters over for a cookout midday.  Might get out the hose and act silly:). Then we are going to our local parade... My youngest is a scout marching in it with his den and then back for beer(for the grown ups) and pop for the kids. We are in walking distance from the fireworks but can see them well from the cul de sac right up the street. So either way we can see them locally and just walk back with no traffic. Just a good old fashioned small town 4 th of July. One of my favorite times of the year livng in this area and community:)

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 05:40:36 AM »
I have a bit of a long weekend from school (or, at least I'm skipping class on Friday to make it one since I have Wednesday and Thursday off) so I'm flying out to visit my cousins in Washington state.  I haven't seen them in way to long, and my parents drove up there for the 4th  as well.  It will be an awesome week, assuming I survive clinical today.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 05:59:41 AM »
Hopefully take a nice ride on the Harley and then go to the range and put a few hundred rounds downrange. Then BBQ and my neighbor down the street put on quite a fireworks show. Sounds like a perfect independence day.
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 06:31:18 AM »
Going to pack up and head to MIL's tonight...45 mins away and sleep. She will watch my hoodlums while I sleep.  I love to sleep.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 06:32:08 AM »
We've got a full day. Kids are starting the am with dad and then I'll b having my friend and her daughters over for a cookout midday.  Might get out the hose and act silly:). Then we are going to our local parade... My youngest is a scout marching in it with his den and then back for beer(for the grown ups) and pop for the kids. We are in walking distance from the fireworks but can see them well from the cul de sac right up the street. So either way we can see them locally and just walk back with no traffic. Just a good old fashioned small town 4 th of July. One of my favorite times of the year livng in this area and community:)

:thumbs:  Good Job!

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 09:18:31 AM »
Those all sound like nice plans!  I have a new bigass garden project I'm going to work on.  I also need to catch up on some sleep.  So, a mix of goof-off time and manual labor. 

Offline swagger

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: Re: 4th July plans
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 09:30:21 AM »
Putting the ribs on at about 10am, then relaxing until they're done. After sundown, we'll head out to the front yard to watch the fireworks on the strip. Living in Vegas has its perks. :)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 09:32:55 AM »
If it's not a billion degrees tomorrow, I'm going to wash my MG and work on the Toyota.  Haven't decided on dinner yet... I haven't felt like cooking since I moved.

If it is, I'm staying inside and finishing up 'Breaking Bad'.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 09:41:11 AM »
If it's not a billion degrees tomorrow, I'm going to wash my MG and work on the Toyota.  Haven't decided on dinner yet... I haven't felt like cooking since I moved.

If it is, I'm staying inside and finishing up 'Breaking Bad'.

you aren't going to practice on  the stripper pole?  :naughty:

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 09:42:06 AM »
If it's not a billion degrees tomorrow, I'm going to wash my MG

Sorry to high jack the thread, but what king of MG do you have? I always wanted a 1979 MGB. They are awesome cars.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 09:48:32 AM »
Sorry to high jack the thread, but what kind of MG do you have? I always wanted a 1979 MGB. They are awesome cars.
It's a 1973 MG B.  The '79 has those horrible bumpers and power-sucking smog equipment.  '73 was the last year for the chrome bumpers models.

(more pictures)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »
It's a 1973 MG B.  The '79 has those horrible bumpers and power-sucking smog equipment.  '73 was the last year for the chrome bumpers models.

(more pictures)

That is a beautiful car. I like the other pics of it. That is a nice color also. I like forest green as well.

They have a MG club here. Every year they have a show at one of local Amusement parks and I go to look at them. I was talking with a guy who had a, I'm not sure what year it was, MGA with a 8 cylinder engine in it. I asked him how he put a big engine in such a small car and he said that he had to practically modify the whole front end to accommodate it. It was rather cool looking.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 10:03:19 AM »
We have a British car club here.  I think the next show is in August.

Here are some of my pictures from an earlier show.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »
:thumbs:  Good Job!

Thanks Gina. I can't say enough for scouts. He's really blossomed in it and it's been great for him and his dad to just have one on one time together:-)

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 10:08:28 AM »
We have a British car club here.  I think the next show is in August.

Here are some of my pictures from an earlier show.

Those pics are cool. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 10:29:50 AM »
Thanks Gina. I can't say enough for scouts. He's really blossomed in it and it's been great for him and his dad to just have one on one time together:-)

hubby is a scout master  :naughty:

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 10:34:44 AM »
hubby is a scout master  :naughty:

The Boy Scounts, Girl Scouts is a great group to put your kids in. They learn so much from it. When I was a kid, I wasn't in Boy Scouts, but I was in the Royal Rangers. It is similar to the Boy Scouts, but done through the church. That was a lot of fun.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 10:40:52 AM »
hubby is a scout master  :naughty:

Do you make him wear his uniform?  :naughty: :-)

Offline debk

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 10:56:05 AM »
Have to work 8p-3:30a. No fireworks for me.  :(

Last year several of the neighbors did such incredible fireworks...they had to have spent thousands of dollars on them as they were the big ones that went up quite high. It was like duelling fireworks around here!!

Don't know if anyone will be doing them this year, it has been horribly dry. Though we had horrendous storms and flooding last night. Probably was enough to convince some that the fireworks will be safe.  ::) Several of the smaller towns around here have cancelled their 4th fireworks shows because of the dryness. Saw in the paper where there was a grass fire because a lawnmower went over a rock and sparked fire!!  :o
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 11:20:59 AM »
Do you make him wear his uniform?  :naughty: :-)

No, I don't dirty the uniform  :rant:  I ain't no lib  :bird:

:lmao:

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 11:29:36 AM »
Watching fireworks and drinking beer. The usual.

Probably go into work for a bit during the day, even though it's one of my off days. Need the money since we're moving in a few weeks.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 01:31:36 PM »
We had plans for a partial family get together for tomorrow until we got word that an uncles MIL had fell and broke her hip. It was bad enough that the flew her from KC to Omaha to be treated.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 02:37:51 PM »
I still haven't a clue. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent