Author Topic: An Overheard Conversation at the MSP Airport ...(bouncy)  (Read 3586 times)

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
Re: An Overheard Conversation at the MSP Airport ...(bouncy)
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2012, 10:41:14 PM »
In all my years of going to the store or sitting in airports I have never once tuned into another persons private conversation much less memorized it. But then again, being a conservative I treat people the same way I want to be treated. Leave me alone and I will leave you alone and will I not listen to a private conversation unless I am invited to join in. Libs just have to poke into everyones business.

As for Subway pizza, it is ok. Not great. Makes sense for them to make pizza I guess. They have the dough, the toppings, and the little ovens to toast the bread. I can not reconmend any of their breakfast food tho.

Gawd, now I want a Firehouse sub. :drool:
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2012, 10:54:36 PM »
I couldn't tell you the conversations I had at work today... let alone some conversation someone else was having.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2012, 11:57:47 PM »
I love it when they remember a conversation verbatim!

Cindie

Almost like they just made it up.   ::)

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 12:03:25 AM »
These stories sound like nothing but liberals living out their fantasies of blasting their opposition in arguments. The biggest giveaway might be all the people nodding in agreement and snickering.

It's so obvious.  Soooo... liberal Billy Liar.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 04:21:08 AM »
For some weird reason you VRWC agents don't keep me informed or up to date at all on upcoming ops.

Naaah . . . it's all in the past.  Someone should be able to fill you in.  It might have something to do with UP . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2012, 05:07:51 AM »
What was the cabbage doing? :???: :tongue:

Forget the cabbage, I bet the potatoes had their eyes on you!    :naughty:   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2012, 07:09:05 AM »

At a few grocery stores yes, you put the quarter in then when you're done you take your cart back, stick the thingy in it from the cart in front of you and your quarter pops out.

Wow...I actually love that idea and wish grocery stores around here used that. My biggest pet peeve is people leaving their shopping carts in the middle of the dang parking lot....It ticks me off to no end when I have to get out of my car to move a cart in order to park.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2012, 07:25:26 AM »
As far as I know this is the first Bouncy that 1StrongBlackMan has fabricated. Considering Bouncy Tales are a difficult form of fiction writing to master I think it is pretty stellar for a first attempt.

First I've seen of him with a Bouncy as well.  He's a regular in their black support group.  Prolly trying for GD cred.  Despite a couple of exceptions he did a pretty good job of it in his initial foray.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2012, 07:31:03 AM »
Subway has pizza?

That's where I pretty much stopped reading.

And unless I know someone, I pretty much don't talk to ANYONE in the boarding area unless they're a gate agent.  Bar?  Hey, you don't like paying $6 for a beer?  Try Manhattan, where a beer during "Happy Hour" goes for $7.  Even then, I don't strike up conversations with random people outside of what might be playing on ESPN.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2012, 07:42:22 AM »
At a few grocery stores yes, you put the quarter in then when you're done you take your cart back, stick the thingy in it from the cart in front of you and your quarter pops out.

So instead of hiring bagboys to go out and gather the carts, the store has the customer return it and bribes them with getting their 25 cents back.  Dear Leader should have mentioned this job killer along with the ATM machines.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2012, 07:45:30 AM »
So instead of hiring bagboys to go out and gather the carts, the store has the customer return it and bribes them with getting their 25 cents back.  Dear Leader should have mentioned this job killer along with the ATM machines.

Oh, you'll still have a few lazy ****ers out there who won't return them.  And I like what our local stores do--there are some "slower" folks who they hire to bag and gather the carts.  Give these folks a great sense of worth, for which I approve with my patronage.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2012, 07:56:26 AM »
Why would this DUmmie just HAPPEN onto a conversation that covers every single thing the democrats believe and, naturally, include every response in the exact tone, prejudice, inability to grasp the issue that liberals believe about conservatives and respond in the exact way liberals are convinced everyone should think?

And why do the DUmmies usually believe this crap?

Cindie

An excellent post and H5 for the effort.  What caught me was the snipped part above.  I think you distilled it nicely in that paragraph. 

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2012, 08:20:03 AM »
:lmao: I didn't look at the cabbage and didn't even care LOL!

Nope, no cops and no bushes Bad Dog, and nope, no converting or applause Kyle! :lmao:

Okay. So you get your quarter back if you have proper manners. I don't have a problem with that and wish they would do it around here. It would probably mean less carts blowing around the parking lot. It really pisses me off to see someone parked two spaces from the cart corral (or whatever they call it) who is too lazy to put the cart where it is suppose to go.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2012, 08:22:21 AM »
Wow...I actually love that idea and wish grocery stores around here used that. My biggest pet peeve is people leaving their shopping carts in the middle of the dang parking lot....It ticks me off to no end when I have to get out of my car to move a cart in order to park.

People still leave their carts in the middle of the parking lot, not most of the time, but some still do.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2012, 08:26:05 AM »
Okay. So you get your quarter back if you have proper manners. I don't have a problem with that and wish they would do it around here. It would probably mean less carts blowing around the parking lot. It really pisses me off to see someone parked two spaces from the cart corral (or whatever they call it) who is too lazy to put the cart where it is suppose to go.

I'm sure that's the reason they started doing that, but a few people still leave the carts in the parking lot and don't worry about their quarter, then you get nice people who see you struggling for your quarter in your purse and they give you the cart for free, I've had people give me the cart for free and I've done it, and you kind of just pay it forward, if you've been given the cart for free you give it to someone else for free, or just leave it someone in the parking lot and don't attach it to the other cart so the quarter is still in it.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2012, 09:39:07 AM »
I'm sure that's the reason they started doing that, but a few people still leave the carts in the parking lot and don't worry about their quarter, then you get nice people who see you struggling for your quarter in your purse and they give you the cart for free, I've had people give me the cart for free and I've done it, and you kind of just pay it forward, if you've been given the cart for free you give it to someone else for free, or just leave it someone in the parking lot and don't attach it to the other cart so the quarter is still in it.

Then the evile capitalist grocery store gets to steal all those quarters from the downtrodden people.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2012, 10:51:49 AM »

I used to be a cart monkey at Wally World (this one had "islands" in the parking lot where there were trees and grass).  If we weren't on those areas constantly, people would fill those things up with carts, regardless of where the cart corrals were.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2012, 10:55:08 AM »
I used to be a cart monkey at Wally World (this one had "islands" in the parking lot where there were trees and grass).  If we weren't on those areas constantly, people would fill those things up with carts, regardless of where the cart corrals were.

CART ANARCHY!!!