Author Topic: How shock waves will hit US if Greece drops euro  (Read 3549 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
How shock waves will hit US if Greece drops euro
« on: June 16, 2012, 02:18:10 PM »
It's an AP article, so all I can give is the title (above) and the link.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MAPPING_GREECES_EXIT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-06-16-09-58-56

Again, "may you live in interesting times."  We do. :o
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: How shock waves will hit US if Greece drops euro
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 05:38:27 PM »
On a not entirely-unrelated topic :

Greek, Spanish savings flee eurozone crisis

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 05:46:20 PM »
It's an AP article, so all I can give is the title (above) and the link.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MAPPING_GREECES_EXIT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-06-16-09-58-56

Again, "may you live in interesting times."  We do. :o

Along the same lines, I just got an email Freon Cheaper Than Dirt with PMC 5.56 penetrator on sale.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 09:37:54 AM »
Back to Greece . . .

Starving Greeks queue for food in their thousands as debt-wracked country finally forms a coalition government... but how long will it last?

Queues form as desperate people received food handouts from Crete's farmers
 Antonis Samaras sworn in as prime minister as head of conservative-led three party coalition
 New coalition vows to renegotiate crippling bailout agreement to ease burden on debt-crippled country
 Greek stocks rose marginally in response to the coalition deal
 Greece had been effectively ungoverned after two election in six weeks resulted in political stalemate
 Country struggling through a fifth year of recession, with unemployment spiraling to above 22 per cent
Leader of Democratic Left says coalition will 'lift those measures that have literally bled society'

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED:09:56 EST, 19 June 2012 | UPDATED:19:59 EST, 20 June 2012

Starving Greeks queued around the block for free food handouts yesterday as the country's politicians managed to end a crippling stalemate to form a coalition government.

Young children as well as the elderly waited in line in Athens to collect the parcels of fruit and vegetables donated by farmers from Crete to help ease the devastating austerity faced by many Greeks. 

But as hungry people collected food, a few miles away a new conservative-led alliance was formed, vowing to renegotiate the country's strict European bailout in a bid to breath economic life back into the debt-stricken country.

Conservative Antonis Samaras was sworn in as prime minister and head of a three-party coalition that will uphold the country's international bailout commitments.

The move ends a protracted political crisis that had cast grave doubt over the country's future in Europe's joint currency and threatened to plunge Europe deeper into a financial crisis with global repercussions.

The rest is here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2161651/Starving-Greeks-food-thousands-politicians-finally-form-coalition-government--long-last.html#ixzz1yX7ZgIOk

The thing is, the PM of Italy just said that they "have a week to save the euro."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/jun/22/mario-monti-week-save-eurozone
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 09:41:43 AM »
Headline on Drudge(I think) "starving" Greeks line up for govt. cheese.  Coming soon to a theater near you.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 11:32:41 AM »
Greece still has the euro, Spain got a bailout. It seems everything is waiting till after the US election.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 11:39:50 AM »
Greece still has the euro, Spain got a bailout. It seems everything is waiting till after the US election.

Don't be so sure, Italy has been hiding its light under a bushel so to speak.