Author Topic: Know-it-all knows supply and demand...oh and gas prices  (Read 977 times)

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
Know-it-all knows supply and demand...oh and gas prices
« on: June 11, 2012, 10:51:26 AM »
nadinbrzezinski (105,033 posts)

Supply and demand... and gas prices
Well, yesterday I went to cover a fire in Lakeside, a pretty rural rural area of the county. And I filled my tank...

You see I am paying close to four and a quarter on the coast. Did I mention I am five miles, worst case, from the main distribution center and there are quite good roads? Well, if I paid cash (no shit sherlock) it ran me 3.85... even if I hit the credit card, that was 4.01...

Lakeside is not near the distribution point and the roads are not always easy to get to...

Oh and they have as much demand as the rest of the county, since people do live in Lakeside and work downtown.

This is when the you got to be kidding me with gas prices hits you over the head.

Oh and it's been a while since I filled my tank for less than forty on the truck.

More gas spewing forth

Nads irritates me with her bald, know-it-all attitude...but this next post took the cake.

nadinbrzezinski (105,033 posts)
2. I also filled up at a LOCALLY owned station

But yup, pretty much

This is sooo much gibberish...but I think she's patting herself on the back for buying Uncle Goober's gas.  Who knew Uncle Goober had his own refinery?  Hey ya bald, fat ****...thanks for putting money into the pocket of Big Oil!  :loser:
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: Know-it-all knows supply and demand...oh and gas prices
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »
Her eyes must be brown.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 10:55:12 AM »
Interesting how different the coasts are.  I just got back from South Carolina and over by Myrtle Beach it was running $3.099 on the low side.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 10:56:31 AM »
Does nadin ever make any sense?

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 10:57:22 AM »
Interesting how different the coasts are.  I just got back from South Carolina and over by Myrtle Beach it was running $3.099 on the low side.

KC

Yeh, it's $3.06 here.  Thanks Obama!  :-)

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 10:57:41 AM »
I filled up yesterday for $3.13, but I wouldn't be surprised if our mayor decides he needs to levy a county tax on gasoline to pay for some new gay pride museum downtown.  He's already trying to force through a property tax increase without a council vote.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 10:58:11 AM »
Would someone help this newby out? She keeps posting about "covering" things. Does this mean she is some sort of cub reporter? Does she actually get published? Is the website/yellow rag she is reporting for imaginary? So many questions.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »
She thinks she is the Walter Cronkite of the newsworld.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 10:59:23 AM »
Yeh, it's $3.06 here.  Thanks Obama!  :-)

:rant:

Let's not even go there.

:-)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 11:01:50 AM »
Response to nadinbrzezinski (Original post)
Mon Jun 11, 2012, 11:51 AM
 zappaman (4,928 posts)
5. Yes, gasoline costs money.

And the price changes.
Thank you for letting us know.
Zappa congradulates the queen of obvious.  :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »
She thinks she is the Walter Cronkite of the newsworld.

She is more like the Walter Mitty of the news world.  Some younger people might not get that reference.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »

She is more like the Walter Mitty of the news world.  Some younger people might not get that reference.
Tahpocketa !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 11:23:17 AM »

H5 for the use of Walter Mitty . . . I remember that story waaaay back in high school . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 11:28:13 AM »
H5 for the use of Walter Mitty . . . I remember that story waaaay back in high school . . .

I think there was a movie starring Danny Kaye, but I remember reading it in school too.

Offline sharkhawk

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 11:38:00 AM »
I'm guessing 3 reasons.

1.  Taxes are higher in the coast cities. 
2.  Higher rents for the city station owners.
3.  (at least in Illinois) Different blends between city and rural areas.

I didn't even have to google, though I would have thought that the troll woman would have

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 11:47:18 AM »
Well, if I paid cash (no shit sherlock) it ran me 3.85... even if I hit the credit card, that was 4.01...

Here in the red state of Ga it was $3.21 on Saturday, and it didn't matter if you paid cash or used a credit card. Is nads telling me that if we move Ga more to the left (liberal) like California that we can have the joy of paying even higher gas prices?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 11:56:55 AM »
I'm guessing 3 reasons.

1.  Taxes are higher in the coast cities. 
2.  Higher rents for the city station owners.
3.  (at least in Illinois) Different blends between city and rural areas.

I didn't even have to google, though I would have thought that the troll woman would have
FIFY  :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 05:42:29 PM »
Our low point the past month has been $4.24 in the southern California area. I think our massive tax and California emission "fees" have most to do with the difference in price with the rest of the country. Here is a link to the ten worst states.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11436951/1/10-states-where-gas-taxes-hurt-the-most.html
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 11:05:56 PM »
I think there was a movie starring Danny Kaye, but I remember reading it in school too.

He began all his fantasies (in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty) with...

ta pocketa pocketa pocketa pocketa pocketa

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 05:08:38 AM »
Here in the red state of Ga it was $3.21 on Saturday, and it didn't matter if you paid cash or used a credit card. Is nads telling me that if we move Ga more to the left (liberal) like California that we can have the joy of paying even higher gas prices?

If I get an Ingles gift card I save 3 cents a gallon.  I've only ever seen Ingles in more rural areas.  Nads is welcome to CA and its welcome to her.  I can't think of a thing that the South or a red state doesn't give me that a blue one would.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 05:31:19 AM »
If I get an Ingles gift card I save 3 cents a gallon.  I've only ever seen Ingles in more rural areas.  Nads is welcome to CA and its welcome to her.  I can't think of a thing that the South or a red state doesn't give me that a blue one would.

There was one of the places here that was giving about 7 cents off if you had their card. I think most of the others give around 5 cent off.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 05:54:17 AM »

More like Walter Mitty and Roseanne Roseannadanna's love child.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline andhe78

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 10:13:50 PM »
Our low point the past month has been $4.24 in the southern California area. I think our massive tax and California emission "fees" have most to do with the difference in price with the rest of the country. Here is a link to the ten worst states.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11436951/1/10-states-where-gas-taxes-hurt-the-most.html

So nice to see NY is number one. :whatever:

Wow, I knew the state was taking a chunk, but didn't know it was that much.  Considering all the other taxes we are paying around here, that seems a little exorbitant.