Author Topic: Muslim 'Numbers Game' Proving Deadly for Christian Converts  (Read 2614 times)

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
I found this little article that I thought I would share. Seems that there have been many Muslims converting to Christianity in light of the terrorists and terrorist supporters that control there religion. Unfortunately the numbers aren't nearly as high as some groups are reporting and that is causing sever persecution of the actual converts and long time Christians in the Middle East. Converting to Christianity from Islam has a high price.

Inflated accounts of how many Muslims are converting to Christianity are putting the lives of these vulnerable followers of Jesus Christ at risk, warns an expert on Islam and Christianity. Reports in recent months have cited “astounding statistics of conversion,” noted Dr. Patrick Sookhdeo, international director of the persecution watchdog group Barnabas Fund, in a newsletter Wednesday. These exaggerated figures incite Muslim violence against converts and inspire greater Muslim evangelism, he said.

“Muslims view apostasy from Islam as bringing shame and humiliation on the Muslim community,” Sookhdeo, a former Muslim, explained. “Publicizing that there are large numbers of converts deepens the shame and loss of face.”

In response, “many” Muslims believe the shame is best removed by the shedding of blood of not only the convert, but those who seek to convert Muslims, he said. Some may even go further to get revenge and restore honor to Islam by attacking anyone associated with the “Christian” West.

Sookhdeo offered several reasons why someone would exaggerate the number of converts. Sometimes it is due to pure miscalculations stemming from the lack of clear information, such as names of the converts, when collecting data.

Other times, it is because cross-cultural missionaries misinterpret what they see. For missionaries who grew up in an individualistic Western culture, he said, they might mistakenly believe that, say, 1,000 responding to an “altar call” means that 1,000 people have accepted Christ into their lives.

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20080515/32380_Muslim_%27Numbers_Game%27_Proving_Deadly_for_Christian_Converts%2C_Says_Expert.htm

"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
Re: Muslim 'Numbers Game' Proving Deadly for Christian Converts
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 11:21:23 PM »
I found this little article that I thought I would share. Seems that there have been many Muslims converting to Christianity in light of the terrorists and terrorist supporters that control there religion. Unfortunately the numbers aren't nearly as high as some groups are reporting and that is causing sever persecution of the actual converts and long time Christians in the Middle East. Converting to Christianity from Islam has a high price.

As far as I know, the main problem Muslim fundamentalists have with people converting from Islam to Christianity is not the conversion to Christianity per se but the conversion away from Islam.

In Islam, Jesus Christ and other Biblical figures are revered. And why shouldn't they be? The Koran is, after all, supposed to be a continuation of the Bible. Consider what is said of Christ in the Koran...

"ALLAH is HE besides Whom there is none worthy of worship, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. HE has sent down to thee the Book containing the truth and fulfilling that which precedes it; and HE has sent down the Torah (Law of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guidance to the people; and HE has sent down the Discrimination (judgement between right and wrong)." -- Qur'an, Surah 3:3-4

"Thereupon she pointed to him. They said, 'How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?' Jesus said, 'I am a servant of ALLAH. HE has given me the Book, and has made me a Prophet; 'And HE has made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and has enjoined upon me Prayer and almsgiving so long as I live; 'And HE has made me dutiful towards my mother, and has not made me arrogant and graceless; 'And peace was on me the day I was born, and peace will be on me the day I shall die, and the day I shall be raised up to life again.' That was Jesus, son of Mary. This is a statement of the truth concerning which they entertain doubt." -- Qur'an, Surah 19:30-35

When the angels said, 'O Mary, ALLAH gives thee glad tidings of a son through a word from HIM; his name shall be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, honoured in this world and in the next, and of those who are granted nearness to God;

'And he shall speak to the people in the cradle, and when of middle age, and he shall be of the righteous.

She said, 'My Lord, how shall I have a son, when no man has touched me? He said, 'Such is the way of ALLAH. HE creates what HE pleases. When HE decrees a thing HE says to it 'Be,' and it is;" -- Qur'an, Surah 3:38-48

Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: Muslim 'Numbers Game' Proving Deadly for Christian Converts
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 07:00:37 AM »

As far as I know, the main problem Muslim fundamentalists have with people converting from Islam to Christianity is not the conversion to Christianity per se but the conversion away from Islam.

In Islam, Jesus Christ and other Biblical figures are revered. And why shouldn't they be? The Koran is, after all, supposed to be a continuation of the Bible. Consider what is said of Christ in the Koran...

"ALLAH is HE besides Whom there is none worthy of worship, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. HE has sent down to thee the Book containing the truth and fulfilling that which precedes it; and HE has sent down the Torah (Law of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guidance to the people; and HE has sent down the Discrimination (judgement between right and wrong)." -- Qur'an, Surah 3:3-4

"Thereupon she pointed to him. They said, 'How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?' Jesus said, 'I am a servant of ALLAH. HE has given me the Book, and has made me a Prophet; 'And HE has made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and has enjoined upon me Prayer and almsgiving so long as I live; 'And HE has made me dutiful towards my mother, and has not made me arrogant and graceless; 'And peace was on me the day I was born, and peace will be on me the day I shall die, and the day I shall be raised up to life again.' That was Jesus, son of Mary. This is a statement of the truth concerning which they entertain doubt." -- Qur'an, Surah 19:30-35

When the angels said, 'O Mary, ALLAH gives thee glad tidings of a son through a word from HIM; his name shall be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, honoured in this world and in the next, and of those who are granted nearness to God;

'And he shall speak to the people in the cradle, and when of middle age, and he shall be of the righteous.

She said, 'My Lord, how shall I have a son, when no man has touched me? He said, 'Such is the way of ALLAH. HE creates what HE pleases. When HE decrees a thing HE says to it 'Be,' and it is;" -- Qur'an, Surah 3:38-48

What you posted is well known but I don't believe that it is really address the point of this OP. The point was the due to a miscounting of Christian converts by Christians (whether intentional or not) the Muslims have stepped up persecutions of the existing Christian communities and converts. I am familiar with the Koran and I know that it strongly disapproves of the conversion of Muslims to another religion but ther choice of killing new converts is another example that Islam is a false religion set up to be a echo of the truth in order to lead humanity astray from the truth worship of the Living God. I know also of it's reverence of Jewish and Christian figures but I believe that this was done by the original authors of the Koran to lure Jews and Christians to the Muslim faith. This is a similar tactic to the one the Catholic Church used to lure pagans into belief in Christianity. The Catholic Church modified its Holy days to coincide with pagan holy days in order to give the pagans a since of familiarity with their new religion.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.