Author Topic: Military honchos 'suppress' chaplain's Baptist services  (Read 2187 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Military honchos 'suppress' chaplain's Baptist services
« on: May 16, 2008, 07:50:47 PM »
An investigation is being sought by a Christian church organization in the United States after the U.S. Army deliberately shut down a service one of its sponsored chaplains was running for U.S. military service personnel at Forward Operating Base Loyalty in Iraq.

The complaint by Associated Gospel Churches, a fellowship of Independent Fundamental Christian churches, has been forwarded to the Army by U.S. Rep. Walter Jones, R-N.C., seeking an Army Inspector General investigation.

Rev. G. William Baugham, the chairman of the AGC's commission on chaplains, told WND that the circumstances are particularly egregious since it appears it was a representative from another Christian denomination that closed down the service that had been operated at FOB Loyalty by Chaplain Stuart Kazarovich, who has been endorsed by the AGC.

The services held by Kazarovich were shut down for five weeks, from July 8-Aug. 12, 2007, the organization's report on the situation confirmed.

"Because this information is now in the public domain, the AGC acknowledges that the Fundamental Baptist service led by Chaplain Stuart Kazarovich, an AGC endorsed chaplain, appears to have been suppressed because it was offensive to the brigade chaplain," Baugham told WND in a prepared statement.

"AGC believes the Army's initial response was slow and ineffective, despite the unprecedented depredation of basic constitutional rights of the fundamental Baptist congregation," he continued. "In short, this calls attention to the suppression of a Fundamental Baptist service and the command's insensitivity to religious hostility."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=64495
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: Military honchos 'suppress' chaplain's Baptist services
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 08:40:25 PM »
It is sad but there is much disunity in the Church. It breaks my heart so see those who should be standing firm in unity bickering over denominational differences. In a war zone I would expect a more positve example of Christian behavior than this.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.