Author Topic: With another cut/paste, O. Steve wants to point to relative intelligence  (Read 897 times)

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002716988
Omaha Steve (31,906 posts)
 It’s Official: Watching Fox Makes You Stupider

Steve wants to talk about the relative intelligence of FOX viewers, but fails to check his grammar textbook when making the comparative of 'stupid.'  I guess it is a case of "stupid is as stupid does."

By the way Steve, good job on that campaign.  And here you go:
http://languageandgrammar.com/2008/05/09/stupid-grammar-error/
“Stupid is just like lucid (same -id ending). The comparative form is more lucid, and the superlative form is most lucid. Likewise, the comparative form of stupid is more stupid, and the superlative form is most stupid. In fact, in general, -id words use more and most instead of –er and –est. (The water was more tepid, he was the most lucid, they could have been more candid, his reflexes have grown more torpid, the milk was the most rancid, his tongue had grown more acrid. No one would even think to say tepidest, lucidest, candidest, torpidest, rancidest, or acridest.)”
A little review next time before you suggest other people are stupid.
This too shall pass.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
It seems as though the big guys recent posts have been cut and pastes.

Not only is it an easy thing to do but it keeps the presence.

He's just doing the easy thing, no real surprise there.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
It seems as though the big guys recent posts have been cut and pastes.

Not only is it an easy thing to do but it keeps the presence.

He's just doing the easy thing, no real surprise there.

Well, first you crawl, then you walk. 

He'll be back to writing his usual posts in no time at all at this rate.

No wait, he hardly ever did anyways. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
[youtube=425,350]P36x8rTb3jI[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]e_JJLLfTR8I[/youtube]

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Airwolf

A child could do a better job of posting.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
It seems libs are completely unaware of irony.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Omaha Steve

It’s Official:  I can't even get 2nd place in an insignificant election.

Fixed.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

That will show us!

DUmbass OS you need to not speak/post and let the rumors and past proof dir off before agin proving that we are all correct about your intelligence again.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Fixed.

I know I'm being a nag about it, but I've got to keep nagging until the big guy pays attention to franksolich, who has the big guy's own best interests at heart.

He's got only ten more years to go, until he can retire in comfort and security with a city-paid pension and his social security.

He needs to just keep plugging away, showing up for work and doing his job in a humble, diligent, agreeable manner, obedient to his bosses and cooperative with his coworkers, and ten years will fly as fast as pages from a calendar.

And then when he retires, maybe they'll make a ceremony of engraving his name on the brass plaque at the front door of the main waterworks building, noting his years of service and dedication. 

That brass plaque will still be there long after the big guy goes to the Great Father in the Sky.

It's not a bad way to be remembered; I must point out that nearly all the human race, past and present, have had less happy fates.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
I know I'm being a nag about it, but I've got to keep nagging until the big guy pays attention to franksolich, who has the big guy's own best interests at heart.

He's got only ten more years to go, until he can retire in comfort and security with a city-paid pension and his social security.

He needs to just keep plugging away, showing up for work and doing his job in a humble, diligent, agreeable manner, obedient to his bosses and cooperative with his coworkers, and ten years will fly as fast as pages from a calendar.

And then when he retires, maybe they'll make a ceremony of engraving his name on the brass plaque at the front door of the main waterworks building, noting his years of service and dedication. 

That brass plaque will still be there long after the big guy goes to the Great Father in the Sky.

It's not a bad way to be remembered; I must point out that nearly all the human race, past and present, have had less happy fates.
Hi-5 number 1000.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Hey Steverino, if DUmmies are so smart, perhaps you could explain how the math works on ideas like lowering the SS age to 50, or the guaranteed annual wage?  I realize you may have to dumb it down for us a bit, it's okay, we've got time...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.