Author Topic: Diablo 3 bandwidth usage, both down and up loads  (Read 17717 times)

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: Diablo 3 bandwidth usage, both down and up loads
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 05:13:16 PM »
Too much hit lag to play beyond lvl 10.

Doing some research it was widely reported during the beta. Apparently internet latency or system specs are not the cause.

Blizzard seems impervious to widespread complaints.

If you buy this POS you'll be playing Russian Roulette with $60.

Interesting.

I didn't notice any latency issues until very recently - lvl 55 or thereabouts.  I immediately blamed the wireless lan I use.

Is it possible that I don't notice the latency issues because I'm usually playing at off-peak times for the US server farm ?

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 10:45:44 PM »
Just finished the game on "normal.". I'm level 35, and I don't see major issues with solo play. Slightly disappointed with the ending storyline, but I don't want to spoil it. All in all, pretty good.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 01:38:37 AM »
Just finished the game on "normal.". I'm level 35, and I don't see major issues with solo play. Slightly disappointed with the ending storyline, but I don't want to spoil it. All in all, pretty good.

Wait until you get to "hell".

Invulnerable minions ! Mortars ! Elite units that can knock off 20K+ life in one blow. Oh what fun !

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 12:26:18 PM »
Just finished up the "free play" of this. Not bad, kinda neat to see old friends, so-to-speak, in the game. I think the wife is going to buy it for me for Fathers Day.

Any cow levels?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 05:03:43 PM »
Just finished up the "free play" of this. Not bad, kinda neat to see old friends, so-to-speak, in the game. I think the wife is going to buy it for me for Fathers Day.

Any cow levels?

There is a Pony Level.....

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 10:03:35 AM »
Yup, wife got me it on Friday. She's playing the free version, we'll see how long till I have to get her the game.   :panic:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 02:04:39 PM »
Yup, wife got me it on Friday. She's playing the free version, we'll see how long till I have to get her the game.   :panic:

How to play Diablo III as a couple...

Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline thundley4

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 03:37:13 PM »
How to play Diablo III as a couple...

That wouldn't work with my wife, she bounces around a lot while playing games.  ..............  Wait a minute............

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2012, 12:02:35 AM »
There is a Pony Level.....

With good loots to boot.  I have been getting repeatedly one-shot in Inferno Act II.  It gets frustrating, stuff that dealt a lot of damage in Act I is useless here. My friends and I have been farming the pony level for gold and gear lately.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 09:56:33 AM »
Anyone still playing?  This latest patch really polished the game quite a bit!

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 10:14:01 PM »
Anyone still playing?  This latest patch really polished the game quite a bit!

I haven't played for some weeks - since they released a patch that basically made all the item drops useless for the character being played on in order to support and encourage the "marketplace" concept (introduce real money into the system and it goes to shit fast)

The way the game was so intimately tied into having to use the marketplace in order to get any decent equipment turned me off.

I saw the marketplace as cheating in the first instance , and the item drops external to it were ****ing dreadful vs ones character level and progression.

I buy a single player ****ing game and I don't want to have to be tied into some bullshit online commodity trading exercise in order to progress.

Sorry about the language , but blizzard really ****ed up badly.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
I haven't played for some weeks - since they released a patch that basically made all the item drops useless for the character being played on in order to support and encourage the "marketplace" concept (introduce real money into the system and it goes to shit fast)

The way the game was so intimately tied into having to use the marketplace in order to get any decent equipment turned me off.

I saw the marketplace as cheating in the first instance , and the item drops external to it were ****ing dreadful vs ones character level and progression.

I buy a single player ****ing game and I don't want to have to be tied into some bullshit online commodity trading exercise in order to progress.

Sorry about the language , but blizzard really ****ed up badly.

Blizzard really did make some disastrous mistakes.  It was pretty disturbing when they even admitted that the game was never even play tested through Inferno.  The item drop rates and absurd randomization of traits and their quality was disastrous as well.  A lot of it's been polished up with patch 1.04 though, especially drop rates, item traits, legendary items, and the paragon system.  I honestly never even touched the auction house until I first made it into inferno.  Where I pretty much hit a brick wall and had to mess with finding better gear and skill build.  Thankfully stuff was selling than fast enough for stupid prices, I basically just flipped my own gear into 10x better stuff over a few days.

The games pretty fun now though, for me at least.  I've got all the classes either in hell or inferno and have actually beat it in Inferno with one of them.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2012, 11:28:40 PM »
With good loots to boot.  I have been getting repeatedly one-shot in Inferno Act II.  It gets frustrating, stuff that dealt a lot of damage in Act I is useless here. My friends and I have been farming the pony level for gold and gear lately.

I still haven't found one of the pieces to make that darn staff, nor the Hell or Inferno plans yet.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 11:38:04 PM »
I still haven't found one of the pieces to make that darn staff, nor the Hell or Inferno plans yet.

I have normal and nightmare versions of the staff - but it's pretty pointless to bring an inferno level character into the pony level for either of those difficulties.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2012, 08:07:26 PM »
Well my DH just hit level 50 and is already doing over 20k DPS!  I might be in Act 1 but even Act 4 runs can't touch me lol.