Author Topic: I'm making our grocery list  (Read 8404 times)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: I'm making our grocery list
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2008, 06:35:25 PM »
Life without condiments would indeed lose all real meaning.

:bawl:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2008, 06:38:55 PM »
Life without condiments would indeed lose all real meaning.

:bawl:

Mustard:  The staff of life.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2008, 11:32:18 PM »
$100 a week for 2 people? WTF are they buyin? There are only 2 of us(sometimes) and I don't spend near that.

That's what I was wondering.  They're buying fancy stuff...or really fat and eat a lot.

I went to the grocery store last night and bought a ton of stuff for $50.  It was so much because I got one of those frozen pasta dishes that you just put on the stove to heat up ($7) and I need both toilet paper and paper towels. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2008, 11:44:39 PM »
If the dummie would lay off the booze, cigs or junk food, its grocery bill would not be so high. This b.s. artist could buy a small bottle of no name ketchup for one dollar. 

Offline djones520

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2008, 01:38:10 AM »
They would fall over dead from the shock of trying to buy groceries in some other countries. Just sayin'...........

And they can afford an internet connection and a probably a contribution to the DU collection plate but ketchup has them vexed???? Puleez.

Our largest grocery costs is in the meat that we buy.  We get it for about half the price that the Japanese pay off base.

My wife and I spend on average about $300-$400 a month on groceries, and we eat out probably 2 or 3 times a month.  We pay higher prices then normal though, and since she's nearly 5 months pregnant, she tends to eat a lot more then normal as well.  So I honestly don't know what these people are doing.  I remember when I was growing up, my father had the same pay that I make right now, and he was feeding a family of 4.  We always had ketchup.  We always had cereal.  We never missed a meal, and hardly ever ate left overs.

If people can get by like that on $24k a year, then this person outta be able to.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline ToastedRachel

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2008, 01:46:54 AM »
Catmandu should think about getting a second job. Maybe at McDs. When I worked there I always brought home leftover food, but never ketchup. My parents always managed to make enough to have ketchup in the fridge. I didn't realize we were rich.  :thatsright:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2008, 10:29:11 AM »
They would fall over dead from the shock of trying to buy groceries in some other countries. Just sayin'...........

And they can afford an internet connection and a probably a contribution to the DU collection plate but ketchup has them vexed???? Puleez.

Our largest grocery costs is in the meat that we buy.  We get it for about half the price that the Japanese pay off base.

My wife and I spend on average about $300-$400 a month on groceries, and we eat out probably 2 or 3 times a month.  We pay higher prices then normal though, and since she's nearly 5 months pregnant, she tends to eat a lot more then normal as well.  So I honestly don't know what these people are doing.  I remember when I was growing up, my father had the same pay that I make right now, and he was feeding a family of 4.  We always had ketchup.  We always had cereal.  We never missed a meal, and hardly ever ate left overs.

If people can get by like that on $24k a year, then this person outta be able to.

Hey, that's me.  I made a whopping $26,000 last year.  Bought a house (woo hoo) and still manage to only spend around $50 a week on groceries.  But then again, the only reason I have cable or internet at home is because my boyfriend pays for it.  I learned to live with out.  You have to sacrifice sometimes, and I'm more than willing to sacrifice to own a house.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2008, 10:34:16 AM »

Hey, that's me.  I made a whopping $26,000 last year.  Bought a house (woo hoo) and still manage to only spend around $50 a week on groceries.  But then again, the only reason I have cable or internet at home is because my boyfriend pays for it.  I learned to live with out.  You have to sacrifice sometimes, and I'm more than willing to sacrifice to own a house.

You can make your own ketchup with a 50-cent can of tomato paste, some vinegar, a little salt, some sugar (or corn syrup), a bit of onion powder, and a dash of garlic powder.  Enjoy.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2008, 10:35:46 AM »

You can make your own ketchup with a 50-cent can of tomato paste, some vinegar, a little salt, some sugar (or corn syrup), a bit of onion powder, and a dash of garlic powder.  Enjoy.

Might as well just buy the store brand 20 gallon drum for a buck.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2008, 10:43:09 AM »

Where is your pioneer spirit?

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2008, 10:44:49 AM »

If the Pioneers had dollar stores they would have used them dammit.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2008, 12:34:42 PM »

Unless you put too much vinegar in.. and I"ve done it.. YUCH!!   (of course the DUmmies are laready acrid enough they'd never notice..)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2008, 12:35:53 PM »

Undies, I'm poor, but not that poor.  I can afford ketchup and all over various condiments. :)

The best money saver I've found, is for spices.  Spices in the jar are 1. always too old and stale and 2. waaaay freaking expensive.  I just drive a little farther and go to Central Market when I need spices.  They have fresh dries spices by bulk.  I can fill up a little baggy of corriander seeds and it's only 80 cents!
Stink Eye