Author Topic: How Horrific Will It Be For The Non-Prepper?  (Read 2628 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
How Horrific Will It Be For The Non-Prepper?
« on: May 14, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »
I was making the rounds of the prepper blogs this morning, and SHTF Plan had this one.  I regularly check in there.

How Horrific Will It Be For The Non-Prepper?

Be Informed
May 12th, 2012
SHTFplan

Comments (445)

Read by 20,886 people

This article has been made available by regular SHTFplan contributor Be Informed.

Editor’s Note: You have no doubt had your own set of issues dealing with friends and family members that simply don’t see the writing on the wall. The following article may serve to assist you in convincing those who simply don’t know, don’t want to know, don’t care, or have never even thought to contemplate. Some of the scenarios outlined below may be frightening, as they should be, because when it hits the fan millions of people will be thrown into desperation with no hope of a solution. Be Informed provides a variety of point-by-point details that may (and hopefully will) convince the non-prepared individual to at least insulate themselves with the basic necessities. The consequences for not doing so, as you’ll see, are severe and often deadly.

I have become personally so disenchanted with the way people fail to prep.  People still don’t understand how important it is to put away.  I have gotten into arguments over this and had cretins call me a fool because I put away food, water, and supplies.  I thought about this and the frustration that other preppers have with this laid back idiotic attitude that there is no need for preparation.  There are good people that just can’t/won’t start preparing. They have the money to do so, but just don’t want to.  Many have only seen what happens to non-preppers on TV, but it still doesn’t make an impact.

In this article I detail some hard core realities to show just how awful it will be for those that don’t prep. Every one of these scenarios is something that has occurred to the non-prepper throughout history.  While strong images come to mind, the purpose is to jar some people out of their inaction and into action before it is too late.

Preppers are good people and care much about those around them, and unless something does jar those around them that choose not to prep, their own survival chances could be reduced.  For every bit of food, water, ammunition, or supplies you sacrifice to the non-prepper, the fewer irreplaceable supplies are left for you and your family in a crisis situation.  It is hoped that the following can help certain people put into TRUE perspective just how horrific it will be for those that don’t prepare.

Here are the awful consequences for those refusing to prep.

As the world continues to decay at multiple facets, the common person has and continues to be lulled into a sense that everything is improving and will continue to for the distant future.  After all, to them unemployment has peaked out and will drop until everyone that wants to work will easily be able to find good paying work,  North Korea is no threat because all their long range “bottle rockets” fizz out,  sanctions will eventually make Iran give up their nuclear program, oil prices will start going down after June or so,  Europe will bail out Greece and Spain and everyone else,  and U.S. debt will eventually come under control.

Quite the rosy scenario there, eh?  It goes bad quickly.  The rest is here:  http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/how-horrific-will-it-be-for-the-non-prepper_05122012

Oh--Greece is (supposedly) having 1 billion euros withheld from its' payment from the ECB today, as a result of rejecting the agreed-upon austerity measures the last government agreed on.  That will cascade--maybe not today, but it will.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: How Horrific Will It Be For The Non-Prepper?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 10:15:48 AM »
It all depends on what actually happens.  One of the darkly amusing aspects of 'Doomsday Preppers' was the vast variety of different scenarios for which they were individually preparing, from global nuclear war to end-times prophecies.  Some things that would be great for one scenario just hasten your end in another.  Some things are good for many possibilites, of course, like having a large nonrefridgerated food reserve, but even that could tie you to a place you should have left until it's too late to leave.  You just have to decide what you think are the main chances and bet that way if you're going to play.  For instance, Earth is supposed to have a risky encounter with a couple of pretty substantial Earth-crossing asteroids about 30 years from now, but by that point my ass will be too old to worry about saving if I last until then at all, so I don't sweat them.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.