Author Topic: poll: where were you during the Scamdal?  (Read 6419 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: poll: where were you during the Scamdal?
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2012, 10:53:49 AM »
So to recap this scam, a bunch of libs got upset that someone wanted money for a cause, the libs donated, then got upset when the money wasn't used the way they intended, or wanted ? So let's say a conservative had money taken from them at the threat of gunpoint, and the money was used in a manner the conservative disagreed with...

That was the perception of the members of democraticunderground who were involved with Scamdy, and also the attitude of certain other members who chose not to get involved.  

I don't think any of them however donated any money.

No one knows how much money was actually raised, and I still suspect hardly any money was raised.

And what was raised, most of it probably came from this side, from decent and civilized but stupid people who thought our side was "picking on a dying man."  Which of course was bullshit.  
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »
Forever embedded in the memory is something from a gulled primitive, but not on Skins's island.

I forget which site it was, other than that it wasn't Skin's island.

That of the primitive, in a wheelchair because his legs had been amputated clear up to his groin, and subsisting on $550-a-month disability checks, but who'd managed to donate $300 to poor stupid Beth, standing up in righteous indignation and fury in front of his computer after he learned it'd been a fraud.

The liberalnurse primitive told him to go **** himself.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2012, 11:05:33 AM »
So to recap this scam, a bunch of libs got upset that someone wanted money for a cause, the libs donated, then got upset when the money wasn't used the way they intended, or wanted ? So let's say a conservative had money taken from them at the threat of gunpoint, and the money was used in a manner the conservative disagreed with...

Edited to add "n"

The backstory is that he was supposedly near death from pancreatic cancer.  So near death he was able to flit around the country for almost a year before he just HAD to have his operation at Johns Hopkins.  Never mind the fact the surgery could have been done where he lived in Seattle.

And in the end...despite what the DUmmies say...Andy didn't die because of the exposing of his fraudulent fund raising or because he didn't get his liver transplant in time...he died from a post op infection.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »
The backstory is that he was supposedly near death from pancreatic cancer.  So near death he was able to flit around the country for almost a year before he just HAD to have his operation at Johns Hopkins.  Never mind the fact the surgery could have been done where he lived in Seattle.

The surgery had been done in Seattle, at Virginia Mason hospital.....in February 2005.

Poor stupid Beth launched the scam on April 30, 2005, after that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2012, 11:15:47 AM »
That was the perception of the members of democraticunderground who were involved with Scamdy, and also the attitude of certain other members who chose not to get involved.  

No one knows how much money was actually raised, and I still suspect hardly any money was raised.

And what was raised, most of it probably came from this side, from decent and civilized but stupid people who thought our side was "picking on a dying man."  Which of course was bullshit.  
So, the libs supported the cause in spirit, not in any other meaningful way, yes, I am starting to see why they became so righteously indignant.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2012, 11:25:37 AM »
So, the libs supported the cause in spirit, not in any other meaningful way, yes, I am starting to see why they became so righteously indignant.

Poor stupid Beth used sockpuppets to rev up the fund-raising when things got slow.

That, I could never figure out; for a primitive who'd been on Skins's island only six months by then--she'd joined in November 2004--she sure seemed to have a lot of weight to throw around, including her sockpuppets.

Anyway, something like this would happen:

sfexpat2000

Come on, folks!  Time's wasting!  We need your money, and we need it now!  And as much of it as possible!

pittypatty

How does one donate?  I wanna donate!

IHateBush

Through his paypal account!  It goes right to him!

gunk4278

But what if one wants to send a check or money order or cash?

plutplut

Here's his post office address in Seattle!  after which address was given  Send it now!

LongDog

Yeah!  Empty those wallets, people!

And so on.

My fellow alum frowns on the use of sockpuppets--or at least he did back then--and we were always stymied why an exception was made for poor stupid Beth; it was obvious what she was doing here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2012, 11:36:44 AM »
By the way, today's the seventh anniversary of the night the primitives broke into the mailroom at Johns Hopkins and found the certified check.

Odd, that the primitives found the certified check before the proponents of open and honest fund-raising got paypal put a "stop" on the funds.

(Of course, no such "stop" ever occurred; individuals cannot prevent paypal from fulfilling its contractual obligations to its customers.....contractual obligations which at the time [2005] included that paypal "held" all funds for three or five days after receipt; I forget which.)
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
By the way, today's the seventh anniversary of the night the primitives broke into the mailroom at Johns Hopkins and found the certified check.

I wonder, if one were to gain access to the area of a huge institution like Johns Hopkins where mail is received, how one would go about looking for a single piece of mail.

Of course, payments to large medical centers are often handled somewhere other than the hospital campus.

Nevertheless, how many bags, baskets, truckloads of mail would arrive at a place like Johns Hopkins Hospital on any given day?

If given free rein to rummage through all that mail (much of which would fall under federal privacy laws), how likely would it be for a handful of moonbats to locate that one single envelope?

How many envelopes would they have to open to know they'd found the right one?

Those DUmpmonkeys in Baltimore pulled off a real miracle, didn't they?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2012, 12:26:01 PM »
Those DUmpmonkeys in Baltimore pulled off a real miracle, didn't they?

Uh huh.

I still can't believe poor stupid Beth thought that fable credible.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2012, 12:38:21 PM »

Odd, that the primitives found the certified check before the proponents of open and honest fund-raising got paypal put a "stop" on the funds.

(Of course, no such "stop" ever occurred; individuals cannot prevent paypal from fulfilling its contractual obligations to its customers.....contractual obligations which at the time [2005] included that paypal "held" all funds for three or five days after receipt; I forget which.)

Didn't we determine that their "check" wasn't really a check but more of the stub from a check?

I remember commenting to that it looked like something someone printed off of their printer at their house using Quicken.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2012, 12:44:45 PM »
Didn't we determine that their "check" wasn't really a check but more of the stub from a check?

I remember commenting to that it looked like something someone printed off of their printer at their house using Quicken.

That was a fiasco, the way the primitives who went over to our old home to "explain" things, handled the matter of checks and receipts.

I disremember what was resolved about the checks, but the receipts were fake.  One of the members of Scamdy lived near Baltimore at the time, and during one of his trips there, went to the business office of Johns Hopkins with images of the "receipts."

He was shown blank receipts for purposes of check-and-cash payments.  No match, not even close.

This led to the biggest reform in accepting "evidence" from the primitives (about anything); photographs and images of documents are not enough.  After all, one can do all sorts of things with photoshop.

It has to be verified in real life.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2012, 01:21:32 PM »

Just a guess, but they probably donated as much to Andy as they donated to Steve's campaign which coincidentally is a moniker of their fearless leader...

zero.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2012, 03:04:03 PM »

I don't recall anyone talking bad about Andy Stephenson at CU. Not sure about FR. Stephenson if I recall was new to politics and was largely apolitical for most of his life. I think PayPal froze one of the account to raise money from DU. I think Scamdy alienated people from DU and some came to CU.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2012, 03:06:19 PM »
The backstory is that he was supposedly near death from pancreatic cancer.  So near death he was able to flit around the country for almost a year before he just HAD to have his operation at Johns Hopkins.  Never mind the fact the surgery could have been done where he lived in Seattle.

And in the end...despite what the DUmmies say...Andy didn't die because of the exposing of his fraudulent fund raising or because he didn't get his liver transplant in time...he died from a post op infection.

He probably would of survived and lived today if it was not for that infection. I felt sorry for him and his family the way DU treated him.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »
I think PayPal froze one of the account to raise money from DU.

Never happened.

It couldn't have happened even if one tried to; paypal does not "freeze," and never has "frozen," funds belonging to a customer, unless ordered to do so by some court or the U.S. Department of Justice.

It never happened.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2012, 05:28:44 PM »
Never happened.

It couldn't have happened even if one tried to; paypal does not "freeze," and never has "frozen," funds belonging to a customer, unless ordered to do so by some court or the U.S. Department of Justice.

It never happened.

I heard that allegation second hand. So, it is questionable.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2012, 05:46:04 PM »
I don't recall anyone talking bad about Andy Stephenson at CU. Not sure about FR. Stephenson if I recall was new to politics and was largely apolitical for most of his life. I think PayPal froze one of the account to raise money from DU. I think Scamdy alienated people from DU and some came to CU.

He was a fraudster, hooking up with Bev Harris's "black box voting" scam.

They were cashing in on the morons who bought the idea that the presidential election in Ohio was somehow crooked and could be voided.

Even though he was eventually canned by Bev Harris, he continued to conduct his part of the swindle until coach killed his ass.

Now, we have to trust that coach offed him. As far as I know, no normal person, even coach, can attest to having seen the carcass.

If he was sick, it was full-blown AIDS.

His only saving grace was his boyfriend. There's never been a homo nickname funnier than "termite". 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
I heard that allegation second hand. So, it is questionable.

I challenge anybody to try to interfere between paypal and a customer.

It can't be done, excepting through law-enforcement via a judge or the courts.

As to Scamdy, no one involved even tried.  No one at no time contacted paypal.

This is one of those memes the primitives used--that the red round one's paypal account was frozen by the "freepers"--over and over and over again, and it's been said so often that primitives actually believe it.

It never happened, it couldn't have happened.

It's along the same line as one of the other oft-repeated lies the primitives tell; that the "freepers" compelled Johns Hopkins and the surgeons to delay, or even cancel, surgery for the red round one.  That one too's been told so many times the primitives actually believe it.

I challenge anyone to try to interfere between a physician and a patient.

Or, in this case, a "patient;" there was no operation at Johns Hopkins, nor had one ever been planned.  
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2012, 05:58:43 PM »

There was the case of the mysteriously always-changing news story, too.

Like nadin now, poor stupid Beth back in 2005 was a "journalist," for a San Francisco-area on-line "newspaper."

She wrote a news story about a prospective operation for the red round one, and after it was posted on that obscure on-line "newspaper," it was given to the primitives as "proof" the need (for money) was real.

Problem, however.

Poor stupid Beth wouldn't leave the article alone.

She kept editing and re-editing it several times, as late as half a year after the Scamdal had died.

Somewhere along the line, she made up quotes ostensibly from the owner of the Baltimore Orioles baseball team, and the surgeon at Johns Hopkins.

I think the damned thing was changed about six or seven times.

It's not there any more, because someone got into trouble with someone, or rather, two someones.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Re: poll: where were you during the Scamdal?
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2012, 03:35:23 AM »
At the time of the "Scamdal", I worked at a hospital larger than John's Hopkins. Rarely if ever do checks get lost. Coded improperly? Possible. Would have never prevented the red round one from being treated. Another head fake from those who thought the "freepers" killed Andy.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: Re: poll: where were you during the Scamdal?
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2012, 08:08:16 AM »
At the time of the "Scamdal", I worked at a hospital larger than John's Hopkins. Rarely if ever do checks get lost. Coded improperly? Possible. Would have never prevented the red round one from being treated. Another head fake from those who thought the "freepers" killed Andy.

Tell me, please, how this chronology works out:

First, poor stupid Beth told the tale of the primitives clandestinely breaking into the mail-room at Johns Hopkins during the middle of the night, to find that check.

Like sneaky cat-burglars, they were.

Then a few days later, poor stupid Beth alleged that "freepers" had gotten the red round one's paypal account "frozen."

How could there've been a check if no funds were available to purchase it?

Poor stupid Beth was obviously in some sort of time-warp here.
apres moi, le deluge