Author Topic: A Wonderful Day  (Read 262 times)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
A Wonderful Day
« on: April 26, 2012, 12:41:33 AM »
I started out with 3 helo flights, on the second, I got a call to go fly 2 hours fixed wing.
When that wrapped up, I got a call out of the blue for a helo intro ride.

The guy's name was Brandon, and he brought his 7 year old son Gabriel.

He said he is looking at transitioning possibly into an pilot career, using his G.I. bill. His intro to aviation was from his father who was a private pilot, and took him flying as a kid, and he has had the itch ever since.

His background is U.S. Army, MOS MP. A tour in Iraq, and 2 in Afghanistan. He specialized as a convoy lead, and was hit directly and indirectly 9 times by IED's in his up armor Humvee. His compatriots called him bombeeman. He came back as a Drill Sergeant at Sill. He is in an artillery reserve unit now.

He loved the intro flight, and remarked how surprised he was at the sensitivity of the controls. I finished the day with 3 hours rotary 2 hours fixed, but that paled in comparison to the great American fighting hero I got the honor to take on an intro flight.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.