Author Topic: Garter snakes  (Read 5085 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Garter snakes
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 06:25:54 PM »
From Wineslob's inference.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 06:38:04 PM »
From Wineslob's inference.
No, where did you first hear about that ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »
I used to make sure we always had a bull snake in the yard/barn area.  They keep the prairie rattlers away, or dead.  They always got pretty comfortable around us and the kids named them.
Bull snakes are great, unless you have chickens.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline longview

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 10:15:37 PM »
Bull snakes are great, unless you have chickens.

Never kept chickens.  Do bull snakes eat them?

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 12:59:27 AM »
No, where did you first hear about that ?

Google it. It was some letter to, IIRC, Someone like Ann Landers.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 01:03:14 AM »
What the hell is a bull snake? Chicken snakes, well, they don't eat chickens, but if you like eggs, keep'em away. I doubt a bull snake eats chickens, but I don't know what it is. It has to be pretty big to eat a full grown chicken. Only snakes native here that can eat'em are Eastern Diamondbacks. ...and they like mammals, not normally of the avian type.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 05:03:43 AM »
Never kept chickens.  Do bull snakes eat them?
Not the grown ones, but they eat the eggs and the chicks.  That's the only reason to kill bull snakes...if you have any type of fowl and want to either gather eggs or raise young.  We have a strong "live and let live" attitude toward non-poisonous snakes and spiders.  They do much good and little harm, leave them alone.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 08:59:44 AM »
What the hell is a bull snake? Chicken snakes, well, they don't eat chickens, but if you like eggs, keep'em away. I doubt a bull snake eats chickens, but I don't know what it is. It has to be pretty big to eat a full grown chicken. Only snakes native here that can eat'em are Eastern Diamondbacks. ...and they like mammals, not normally of the avian type.

Large, nonvenomous, beneficial snake.

BULL SNAKE
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline longview

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 06:02:16 PM »
The guy at work is now worried that all those garter snakes are moving as fast as they can into his house.  The temperature has dropped almost 40 degrees between yesterday and today.  He asked if they would be looking for somewhere out of the weather and I told him yes.  I gave an oversimplified explanation of cold-blooded reptiles and the effect of weather on them.  I also told him the snakes really didn't want to be near him and would prefer to be many other places.  He asked "Why?"  Holy smoly.  I don't know if he's going to adapt to the west or at least 'country' living.  I'm being nice.  His elderly landlady is being nice.  He's a great worker and decent enough fellow.  I hope he makes it.  His girlfriend is less than impressed with Wyoming, though.