Author Topic: Can you really say that being a stay home Mother is a career?  (Read 1856 times)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: Can you really say that being a stay home Mother is a career?
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 05:49:45 AM »
..And just recently the primitives felt stay at home parents should receive a living wage for their work... There is at least one thread about it every Mother's Day....

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 06:25:34 AM »
Sarah Ibarruri (18,042 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

40. No one is attacking stay-at-home mothers. I have LOTS of experience as a wife but is that resume-

worthy material? What would I put down as wifely duties that I could throw into my resume? Note: I've been married several times, so I have lots of experience. 
Somewhere out there are several incredibly happy men. Ugh! I couldn't imagine listening to this harpy spout her nonsense for any longer than a minute or two before I would want to stuff her mouth with something to shut her up.  :banghead:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Zeus

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 06:42:03 AM »
My mother Except for a short stint as a waitress in a Bar/Diner never 'Worked" a day in her life. She raised 8 children,took care of a Husband, Played  maid, Cook, Dr. , Counselor , referee and more. She was a very outspoken woman not scared to let it be known what she thought.  When someone in town got out of line the standard joke was threatening to sic my mom after them to set them straight. I always thought that was a joke at my moms expense.

I was told by more than one town elder,folks who lived there their entire life that attendance at my moms funeral was the highest in town history.

In a sense being a Mother is not a career it's a calling.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 07:12:15 AM »
I tried the SAHM thing and I couldn't wait to go back to work.  I come to work when sick because I get no rest if I am at home with the kids.  They really screwed up with that one and it's a gift for the GOP  :hyper:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 07:14:05 AM »
My mother's husband sold his company to Cigna for almost $4 BILLION dollars last year and they still don't live like DUmmies imagine rich people live, that pilfer money away on frivolous luxuries and have live-in help.  It's comical.  If you saw how they live compared to their net worth, you'd laugh yourself silly.

DUmmies are so stupid.

sooooooooooooo are you married Chris?  wanna be?   :naughty:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Karin

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 07:28:28 AM »
The lib leftards just insulted everyone's mother and grandmother.  Nice.  I've been waiting to see what the DUmp would say, and will enjoy putting it on display. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 07:33:33 AM »
H5s to BEG and Bally.  My mother stayed at home until my youngest sister (12 years younger than I) went to kindergarten, which was my freshman year in college, IIRC (I could be wrong).  We didn't exactly make it easy raising us, and my mother was strict with us.  Then there was the dreaded "Wait until your father comes home."  They busted their asses for us, and now it's their time to sit back and enjoy spoiling their grandchildren.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 07:46:58 AM »
Michelle Bachman and that slut that made the comment are scheduled for Meet the Press this weekend!   :hyper:

Offline Karin

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2012, 07:54:16 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response to former9thward (Reply #75)
Thu Apr 12, 2012, 09:25 PM
 Sarah Ibarruri (18,045 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

99. It really wasn't a dumb statement. Republican shitheads know damned well what work is

and if Mrs. Romney has done 1 minute of work in her entire Ferrari life, I swear to God I'll cook flan de coco for that plastic, surgically altered, bleached, fake extensioned blonde.  

Oh brother.  Here's a stupid post:

IndyJones (808 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

112. ...What do I love most about Michelle? I just know that she is behind the scenes saying, "Honey, you need to step up to the plate and make sure you take care of women's healthcare and I don't care what those old men in robes are saying!" I somehow don't see Mitt's wife doing that. I could be wrong, though.
  ::)

I'll let that just stand on its own.  

P.S.  Also be sure and check out the kind, compassionate, liberal tweets that Ballygrl rowed over, on page 12 of the DU you Know thread. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:59:36 AM by Karin »

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 07:57:35 AM »
This snowballing problem for libs is a manna gift for conservatives. More proof that libs just can't help themselves.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 08:03:36 AM »
I've done both and they're both work!  So many things that needed doing had to be ignored when I was a working Mom.  Raising a family properly takes enormous effort and care.  I respect both working Moms and SAHMs. 

Sarah Imaboobi sounds like a bitter, angry, frustrated, dried up bitch.  Thank God she didn't have children!  The poor little souls might have ended up like her.

Offline Disgusted in Euclid

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 08:05:20 AM »
I stayed home with my three kids through their younger years for as long as I could. And I hate to bust anyone's bubble, but I gained more "resume building skills" while staying home raising my kids than I have with my last three jobs - I'm sorry, but I just don't view cashiering at a grocery store or working temp stints as an assembler in a factory as "careers"! At least managing children and a household gains skills in "multi-tasking", budgeting and management skills - skills I hear are highly desirable by potential employers. Staying home with kids is a labor of love, for sure.

As an aside, I never have forgiven Hilary for her nasty remark about "not staying home and baking cookies..."! I would personally never disparage a mother/father for choosing to work outside the home, so why disparage those who choose to stay home? Not everyone is cut out for it, you know - to each his own.

Just my two cents.....

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 08:18:25 AM »
As an aside, I never have forgiven Hilary for her nasty remark about "not staying home and baking cookies..."! I would personally never disparage a mother/father for choosing to work outside the home, so why disparage those who choose to stay home? Not everyone is cut out for it, you know - to each his own.

Just my two cents.....

Just posted about that. I was wondering if anyone else remembered it.

"I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession which I entered before my husband was in public life." ----Hillary Clinton
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 08:20:12 AM »
Oh how libs love their I', me's, and my's
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 08:32:13 AM »
The libs are always in it for themselved, **** anyone else. I hope they get a major storm for their comments. They are the must ignorant and rude people I have ever heard of.

The new Obama slogan this year will be: ENVY 2012.

Offline Disgusted in Euclid

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 08:33:49 AM »
Just posted about that. I was wondering if anyone else remembered it.

LOL! Obviously, I wasn't the only one offended by that one - it still sticks in my craw after all these years!

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 08:37:49 AM »
The libs are always in it for themselved, **** anyone else. I hope they get a major storm for their comments. They are the must ignorant and rude people I have ever heard of.

The new Obama slogan this year will be: ENVY 2012.
How about "Stick It To The Rich" ?

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 08:39:06 AM »

That is a good one also.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 08:43:46 AM »

Of course, it's funny how they never describe "rich".  Or that when the revenues they expected fall far short, they come to the middle class and tell them to bend over and smile.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 08:49:31 AM »
Of course, it's funny how they never describe "rich".  Or that when the revenues they expected fall far short, they come to the middle class and tell them to bend over and smile.
Or, BOHICA ?

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 08:51:44 AM »
Response to former9thward (Reply #75)
Thu Apr 12, 2012, 09:25 PM
 Sarah Ibarruri (18,045 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

99. It really wasn't a dumb statement. Republican shitheads know damned well what work is

Oh Dear!  Dumb Bitch has no clue about work.  Probably sits on her ass collecting our money.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 08:58:23 AM »
Quote from former9thward...

"Republican shitheads know damned well what work is"

Oh the sweet dawning.

Can we conclude then that libs don't ?
I think so.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »
Dear DUmmies:

Being rich doesn't mean going out and blowing money just for the sake of spending. If they did that they wouldn't be rich for very long. Their budget may be larger than mine or yours but they still have to stick to it.

Ann Romney never hired a nanny, preferring to do the work of raising her children on her own. Whether she could afford it or not, she chose to be a regular mother.

The majority of SAHM's are exactly the kinds of women you want to attract including minority women and those from low income households.

I was a SAHM and a homeschooling parent. We prayed every morning before we started school. My son is now a Marine. I raised a warmongering Christian...be afraid...be very afraid!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2012, 11:07:38 AM »
At the end of the day...when you discover the facts...you find out that Hilary Rosen is just a bitter man hating lesbian.

A lesbian that in fact was what she seems to despise in Anne Romney...a stay at him mom raising twins she adopted with her then partner Elizabeth Birch (founder of Human Rights Watch) in 2003.

Rosen didn't lash out at Anne Romney because she's a stay at home mom who raised 5 kids.

She's angry cause she's straight and decided to raise those kids with a man.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2012, 11:11:10 AM »
"You have to think like a lesbian, act like a lesbian, and become a lesbian" -Carl Spangler- (Loosely quoted)