Author Topic: California Tax Revenues Plunge; Businesses Exit "Taxifornia" in Droves  (Read 5701 times)

Offline Zeus

Re: California Tax Revenues Plunge; Businesses Exit "Taxifornia" in Droves
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 09:55:51 AM »
Nevada, Utah and Arizona gotta be lovin' it.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »
Nevada, Utah and Arizona gotta be lovin' it.

No, they don't.  Nor do Colorado and New Mexico.  Because the last time there was an exodus from California (and really when did it stop) was the 1970's, and you now have enclaves of liberal douchebaggery in Santa Fe, Taos, Boulder, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson, SLC, and Park City from all the granola-heads who moved out and dragged their shit with them only to have it grow and spread in the new places.

Kinda like flatlanders turned VT into a moonbat wasteland, and what they're trying to do to NH.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 02:38:39 AM »
I just returned from visiting a high school friend in Ventura. Most places near the harbor had signs up that said "cash only."  :rotf:

I was kidding around with one couple telling them I was there for occupy Ventura. They turned out to be conservative and we had a few laughs.

It was a nice place to visit and a lot to see and do. The weather was perfect. They had a nice downtown and refuse to let Wal Mart in so there was plenty of places to go shopping.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 02:41:05 AM »
No, they don't.  Nor do Colorado and New Mexico.  Because the last time there was an exodus from California (and really when did it stop) was the 1970's, and you now have enclaves of liberal douchebaggery in Santa Fe, Taos, Boulder, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson, SLC, and Park City from all the granola-heads who moved out and dragged their shit with them only to have it grow and spread in the new places.

Kinda like flatlanders turned VT into a moonbat wasteland, and what they're trying to do to NH.

The ****ers move here because their welfare and disability checks last longer....but in CA single folks can get cash and food assistance, the rules are tighter in NV, you at least have to have a kid.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 10:50:46 AM »
I just returned from visiting a high school friend in Ventura. Most places near the harbor had signs up that said "cash only."  :rotf:

I was kidding around with one couple telling them I was there for occupy Ventura. They turned out to be conservative and we had a few laughs.

It was a nice place to visit and a lot to see and do. The weather was perfect. They had a nice downtown and refuse to let Wal Mart in so there was plenty of places to go shopping.

Got three in Oxnard. 10 mile drive. I don't think any of the "Niche" coastal towns have anything like a Walmart or Costco in them,Doesn't fit in with the overall appeal.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 03:55:47 PM »
Got three in Oxnard. 10 mile drive. I don't think any of the "Niche" coastal towns have anything like a Walmart or Costco in them,Doesn't fit in with the overall appeal.

Exactly--they had one in Huntington Beach, right off Beach Blvd.  Then again, I used to see lots of people coming from the "po" part of OC and LA to shop there because the local boards were a bunch of luddite asshats.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford