Author Topic: I sold my  (Read 1967 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
I sold my
« on: March 23, 2012, 03:27:55 PM »
Quilting machine today.  I haven't used it since we moved to CA and haven't even set it up since we moved back to Texas. I have a friend who sells the same brand quilting machines (APQS) in Dallas and she offered to sell it for me. She called a little while ago and told me that she sold it. We have to bring it up to Dallas and to do that we have to rent a trailer because the frame is 14' long.  I paid $9000 used (back around 2006 or 2007 I cant remember exactly) and sold it for $5500 (it sold for more than that but that is my take after her commission). New they are $17,500 plus tax and shipping.

I'm happy and sad at the same time. I can have a hell of a lot of quilts quilted by someone else for that amount yet I enjoyed quilting them myself.  I have a place I could have set it up in (our game room) but I wanted my kids to have a room to themselves. I'm also into mixed media stuff and have blown a ton of money on that. I can still make quilts but just send them away to be quilted. I will be glad to have it out of my garage. The machine is still crated in my garage.