Author Topic: Afghan youth recounts US soldier's rampage  (Read 5932 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Afghan youth recounts US soldier's rampage
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 10:40:01 AM »
 :exactly:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 11:12:28 AM »
I just wasted a perfectly good BS!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 11:19:02 AM »
I just wasted a perfectly good BS!

No such thing as a "wasted" bitchslap. Go ahead and give me another when you get a chance. I live for bitchslaps.  :-)

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 11:54:42 AM »
No such thing as a "wasted" bitchslap. Go ahead and give me another when you get a chance. I live for bitchslaps.  :-)

Not you!  Cyrus.  I wasted it on someone already banned.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 02:16:19 PM »
Not you!  Cyrus.  I wasted it on someone already banned.

Ah, okay. Somebody tagged me then and didn't announce it. It's all good!  :lmao:

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »
According to military.com today, Panetta stated that the death penalty for the perp (still unnamed, though he is a staff sergeant, is on his first deployment to A-stan, though has three deployments in Iraq under his belt) is definitely on the table.

While Karzai is screaming for revenge and huffily stating that this incident "cannot be forgiven," the U.S. is maintaining jurisdiction.

Hey, with Barry's regime, there's every reason to believe that this staff sergeant would and could be thrown to the wolves if Barry thought that he could benefit by it.

Meanwhile, three years after that ****er terrorist Muslim at Ft. Hood, Major what's his name, went on HIS killing rampage, Obamites are refusing to call it what it was, and insist on the term "workplace murder" or some other appeasement term.  Is that mother ****er EVER going to face justice under Eric "Dickhead" Holder? :fuelfire: :fuelfire: :fuelfire:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 09:43:38 PM »
There was a caller to a local talk show that claimed what this guy did was not covered under any current ROE or other agreement and he may have his ass handed over to the local Afghans for trial regardless of whatever noise Leon the Clinstonista has been making.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 11:10:42 PM »
There was a caller to a local talk show that claimed what this guy did was not covered under any current ROE or other agreement and he may have his ass handed over to the local Afghans for trial regardless of whatever noise Leon the Clinstonista has been making.

He (SSG Robert Bales) has already been remanded to Leavenworth. And Barry the Bootlicker has already told Karzai no dice -- he'll be tried under UCMJ.

At this stage, I think it's very unlikely Bale will make the return trip. Barry's stupid, but he ain't THAT stupid.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 11:18:51 PM »
I am hoping against hope, and praying that there is a justified explanation to exonerate SSGT Bales.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 11:20:49 PM »
I am hoping against hope, and praying that there is a justified explanation to exonerate SSGT Bales.

Even if there is, the politics will see to it that he dies.

Dead. Man. Walking.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 09:07:44 AM »
Man i don't know.Everything i've read to this point about this is pointing to PTSD along with drinking.Being deployed 4 times probably didn't help either.Very sad as he has a wife and  very young children at home. :(
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 10:37:25 AM »
What I don't get about this whole situation is that so many people got so much more upset about the burning of some books that had already been defaced by prisoners writing in them.  The reaction to this horrible event is really muted when you remember what they did over those books.  Do Muslims actually value the Koran more than their children?? :???:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »
What I don't get about this whole situation is that so many people got so much more upset about the burning of some books that had already been defaced by prisoners writing in them.  The reaction to this horrible event is really muted when you remember what they did over those books.  Do Muslims actually value the Koran more than their children?? :???:
Yes. You have never heard of child suicide/homicide bombers ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »
Yes. You have never heard of child suicide/homicide bombers ?
But...but...but...I thought the terrorists were only a small part of the Muslim group?  Aren't the vast majority of Muslims peaceful, gentle people?  So why the difference in reaction between the murder of children and the burning of some defaced books??? 

:fuelfire:

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »
But...but...but...I thought the terrorists were only a small part of the Muslim group?  Aren't the vast majority of Muslims peaceful, gentle people?  So why the difference in reaction between the murder of children and the burning of some defaced books??? 

The religion of peace is more peaceful when they have their "people to kill" list winnowed down. From time to time they are forced to add to it, presumably by their sacred text, or their spiritual hierarchy, or a mob consensus. When their list of people to kill is large oddly enough the religion of peace isn't as peaceful as advertised.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2012, 08:41:15 AM »
When an American soldier goes on a rampage murdering dozens of innocent civilians its a crime that will be punished because Americans find that shit reprehensible.

When Muslims riots, burn shit, cut off heads, machine gun crowds of shopper, detonate car bombs amid worshippers, kick over grave stones, stone women, rape and then marry underaged girls, hijack planes, dump elderly Jews off the sides of ships, nerve gas ech other, vow genocide, commit honor killings, mutilate women and incessantly preach hatred...

...they're being good Muslims.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2012, 09:05:22 AM »
When an American soldier goes on a rampage murdering dozens of innocent civilians its a crime that will be punished because Americans find that shit reprehensible.

When Muslims riots, burn shit, cut off heads, machine gun crowds of shopper, detonate car bombs amid worshippers, kick over grave stones, stone women, rape and then marry underaged girls, hijack planes, dump elderly Jews off the sides of ships, nerve gas ech other, vow genocide, commit honor killings, mutilate women and incessantly preach hatred...

...they're being good Muslims.

nail on the head  :cheersmate:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2012, 11:05:46 AM »

There is a lot of 'Collateral damage' equating to dead civilians of all ages in fighting a war, no matter how much we try to minimize it, which kind of goes with hosting a war on your own turf, and fairly few Americans, either left or right, have any real comprehension of what that really means...a bunch of their neighbors being senselessly killed by a lone gunman, bandits, opposing tribal or terrorist factions, misplaced 500-pounder, or leftover Russian mines is hardly news to Afghanis, though.  Not that it exactly makes us incredibly popular with them, either.

Also it is a whole lot easier for them to wrap their minds around the concept of one guy going on a criminal rampage without attaching big religious connotations to it, the difference with the book burning is that it was an official and intentional (If very poorly-thought-out) action that could be perceived as (And so militants promoted it as) an arrogant slap in the face to Islam as a whole.

It's really an apples-and-oranges comparison.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2012, 06:11:26 AM »
There is a lot of 'Collateral damage' equating to dead civilians of all ages in fighting a war, no matter how much we try to minimize it, which kind of goes with hosting a war on your own turf, and fairly few Americans, either left or right, have any real comprehension of what that really means...a bunch of their neighbors being senselessly killed by a lone gunman, bandits, opposing tribal or terrorist factions, misplaced 500-pounder, or leftover Russian mines is hardly news to Afghanis, though.  Not that it exactly makes us incredibly popular with them, either.

Also it is a whole lot easier for them to wrap their minds around the concept of one guy going on a criminal rampage without attaching big religious connotations to it, the difference with the book burning is that it was an official and intentional (If very poorly-thought-out) action that could be perceived as (And so militants promoted it as) an arrogant slap in the face to Islam as a whole.

It's really an apples-and-oranges comparison.
Good point.  I'm still not sure I see it that way, though.  I can far more easily understand a group turning to violence after a massacre of children than after some paper goods, ANY paper goods, are destroyed, by anyone, in any way.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2012, 10:26:29 AM »
Good point.  I'm still not sure I see it that way, though. 

Yeah, that's totally natural.  We are all products of our own cultures and experiences, it's true for both us and them.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.