Author Topic: ROKU  (Read 3636 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
ROKU
« on: March 02, 2012, 12:56:48 PM »
Does anyone else have this?

I bought the $49 version for the Bedroom, just wanted to try it before I decide if I want to get the HD Box for the Living Room, it's kind of cool so far, I can watch movies from my Amazon Prime Account through ROKU, and I'm trying the Netflix free trial, and I can watch those movies on ROKU also, and ROKU has like 250 additional channels you can add to the box, things like NASA TV etc. and most of them are free.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Zeus

Re: ROKU
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 01:17:31 PM »
I got something similar to that. It's an HP laptop, wireless mouse and keyboard and a 32 in Vizo TV. get the whole dern interweb on the dang thing  :cheersmate:

The ROKU thing sounds interesting though.

Doing the trial netflix too.  Lilyhammer , Legend of the Seeker are good
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:19:43 PM by Zeus »
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 01:22:17 PM »
Oh, I heard about that TV, I think it's 1 of the few times my Husband would forbid me from buying something LOL, internet on the TV? no way would he go along with that.

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »
Oh, I heard about that TV, I think it's 1 of the few times my Husband would forbid me from buying something LOL, internet on the TV? no way would he go along with that.

We have a Sony Bravia that has a PC connection and my main computer is connected to it. I can just drag a window over to it and watch online movies and videos that way.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 01:34:55 PM »

Luddite  :lmao:

I do think those 50 in & even bigger screens are silly unless you got a cavern of a living room but to each his own.

I can sit 15 ft or so back from mine and see tv or the internet just fine.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 01:44:58 PM »
We have a Roku for our TV upstairs.  Works great and no complaints.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 08:20:10 AM »
We bought a 2nd ROKU for the living room. This thing is awesome, I put a ton of movies and shows in my Netflix Queue, turn on the ROKU and go to Netflix and my favorites are all there. Also they have something called Crackle, free movies and tv shows, only thing is they have advertising every so often, but it's not bad at all.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 03:45:22 PM »
We bought a 2nd ROKU for the living room. This thing is awesome, I put a ton of movies and shows in my Netflix Queue, turn on the ROKU and go to Netflix and my favorites are all there. Also they have something called Crackle, free movies and tv shows, only thing is they have advertising every so often, but it's not bad at all.

I have a ROKU and I love it. I downloaded an AP on my iPad that replaces the controller.  Also there are other things you can watch on it besides the stuff you can find on their menu. I wanted to be able to watch UStream which wasn't one of their items. You find the code for what you want to watch and you can manually enter it.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 03:48:54 PM »
I really want to get 1 for the kitchen now, but the TV I have in the kitchen is an older model, it doesn't have the red white and yellow jacks on it I need for the ROKU, but I think I have 1 of those 3 color jacks from Radio Shack, it's just a matter of finding it.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 03:51:01 PM »
I really want to get 1 for the kitchen now, but the TV I have in the kitchen is an older model, it doesn't have the red white and yellow jacks on it I need for the ROKU, but I think I have 1 of those 3 color jacks from Radio Shack, it's just a matter of finding it.

I just have one in my bedroom. I just watch it at night when I'm in bed.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 03:59:52 PM »
I have a ROKU and I love it. I downloaded an AP on my iPad that replaces the controller. 
what's the name of the App?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 04:31:44 PM »
what's the name of the App?

RoRemote

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 04:41:57 PM »