Author Topic: Secret Weapon (How Economic Terroism Brought Down the US Market)  (Read 2002 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Secret Weapon (How Economic Terroism Brought Down the US Market)
« on: February 26, 2012, 01:17:34 PM »
I just heard this guy while out charging a battery and thought others might be interested in his book.

Who’s Really To Blame For America’s Catastrophic Financial Meltdown And Devastating National Recession?

Contrary to what the “Occupy Movement” might tell you, it’s not just greedy Wall Street executives (though they certainly earned their share of scorn). It’s not just failed regulation (even though Washington has failed miserably, both Republicans and Democrats, to protect us). As one of America’s top financial professionals reveals in this shocking new book, the failures of Wall Street and Washington have opened us up to economic warfare, with our foreign enemies exploiting our lurking financial weaknesses.

{snip}

http://secretweapon.org/

This guy laid out a very interesting case.  I plan to aquire and read the book as soon as I finish the one I am currently reading.
Anyone read this yet?  The reviews look good.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
Re: Secret Weapon (How Economic Terroism Brought Down the US Market)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:26:38 AM »
I am going to get my hands on this book too.
seems to be an interesting theory

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 08:31:40 AM »
Well, I can't see the whole page due to #*! :mental: firewalls, but on the surface, it looks like just another guy pimping a book.

I ain't saying there ain't substance to what the marketing people have written, but I'd say our economic problems need to be addressed AT HOME first. The obvious first step is ousting Lord Zer0 from office.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 09:06:26 AM »
Well, I can't see the whole page due to #*! :mental: firewalls, but on the surface, it looks like just another guy pimping a book.

I ain't saying there ain't substance to what the marketing people have written, but I'd say our economic problems need to be addressed AT HOME first. The obvious first step is ousting Lord Zer0 from office.
yes he is pimping a book, thats how they get sold.
for me the point of reading books like this is to see the authors point of view. see how they came up with their opinion. Then use that to decide if it makes sense. Whether or not he makes a sound case, decides whether it becomes part of my opinion. Most books i read, i end up agreeing with parts but not the whole story.

since the author states our government allowed the enviroment in which the foreigners can manipulate the financial market i already agree with the initial theory. And i agree the fix needs to be here at home. i HOPE we can FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORM our govt back into what it was originally desined to do. the CHANGE starts in november.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 10:11:35 AM »
yes he is pimping a book, thats how they get sold.
for me the point of reading books like this is to see the authors point of view. see how they came up with their opinion. Then use that to decide if it makes sense. Whether or not he makes a sound case, decides whether it becomes part of my opinion. Most books i read, i end up agreeing with parts but not the whole story.

since the author states our government allowed the enviroment in which the foreigners can manipulate the financial market i already agree with the initial theory. And i agree the fix needs to be here at home. i HOPE we can FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORM our govt back into what it was originally desined to do. the CHANGE starts in november.

If it was a review of the book and its contents, I might be a little more receptive. As the marketing pukes have gotten their grubby mitts on the thing, fuggedaboudit -- ain't interested.

An analysis of the book besides just some glowing language goes much farther with me. But hey, do whatcha gotta do.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 01:20:09 PM »
If it was a review of the book and its contents, I might be a little more receptive. As the marketing pukes have gotten their grubby mitts on the thing, fuggedaboudit -- ain't interested.

An analysis of the book besides just some glowing language goes much farther with me. But hey, do whatcha gotta do.

Well these are the reviews on the site I posted but if I have time I will wander over to Amazon and see what they have also.

“Kevin Freeman has been warning America’s leadership of the dangers of financial terrorism for the last three years. It is happening now and Kevin provides the evidence in his book Secret Weapon. Every American needs to understand how our financial markets have been manipulated by people who want to destroy the nation and how they can do even greater damage in the future. This book is a critical read for everyone.”

—William G. Boykin
Lt. Gen. USA (Ret.), former Commander of U.S. Army Special Forces and
Founding Member of Delta Force

“Along with the Internet our markets, banks, and other financial systems are vital institutions that are far more vulnerable to complete disruption than we would hope, especially to carefully-planned intervenors with the opportunity, motive, and means to, say, bring down the dollar. Freeman explains persuasively and clearly why we may be beginning the third act of a monetary and fiscal tragedy.  You don’t care about dark pools, huge Middle-Eastern sovereign wealth funds, naked short selling, and bear runs? I’m afraid you will, and rather soon.”

—R James Woolsey
Chairman of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies
and former Director of Central Intelligence

“Kevin Freeman’s alarming proposition on economic warfare merits attention from those at the highest levels entrusted with our nations’ security.  It is incumbent on the U.S. intelligence and defense community, financial regulators, and those with advanced financial acumen to assess and address this modern security vulnerability.  Warfare continues to evolve.  As the United States remains vigilant against emerging threats, we must appreciate newfound challenges to longstanding assumptions about how our enemies could exploit our financial markets with potentially devastating consequences for our nation.”

—Congressman Bill Posey

Kevin Freeman has done an exceptional job working with open source financial data. This is a superb effort to expose extreme vulnerabilities to our financial system. With today’s international markets in such a fragile and volatile state, Freeman’s work deserves serious reflection…to do so would cost little…to dismiss it outright might cost us everything.”

—Thomas W. O’Connell
Former Assistant Secretary of Defense (Special Operations) (2003-2007)
and former member of the NASDAQ Public Board of Directors

“Kevin Freeman has written a fascinating book which raises serious questions about the economic security of our country.  This important work expands on the briefings on economic terrorism that I received from the author and provides the material for further investigation of the subject.”

—Edwin Meese III
Former Attorney General of the United States

“One man and only one man sounded the alarm trying to warn Congress and the American people about what really happened during the financial collapse of 2008. That man is Kevin Freeman. What he has uncovered is chilling—financial terrorism that can happen again and bring this nation’s economy and the world economy to their knees. Why did no one listen? Why do the media and the Washington power brokers choose to ignore Mr. Freeman and hope that he will just go away? Well, they are in for a rude awakening, because this book is their worst nightmare and America’s greatest hope.”

—Steve Malzberg

In willl grant you that it would make no sense to post reviews on your site advertising your book saying "This thing hurls chunks."  And I would also point out that not every review on Amazon is "Fair and Objective" whether positive or negative. 

I am with Rugnuts in that I read a broad range of stuff from both sides of the isle then make up my own mind.  For example, I am almost finished with "Ameritopia" and so far I am not really all that impressed as I was pretty familiar with most of what the author has covered.  I though his last book was much better.

Here is the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Weapon-Economic-Terrorism-Brought/dp/1596987944/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330370307&sr=8-1

Scroll down for the reviews.

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »
I am almost finished with "Ameritopia" and so far I am not really all that impressed as I was pretty familiar with most of what the author has covered.  I though his last book was much better.
thats good to know because that was on my "give this book a look" list.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 03:10:03 PM »
Well these are the reviews on the site I posted but if I have time I will wander over to Amazon and see what they have also.

In willl grant you that it would make no sense to post reviews on your site advertising your book saying "This thing hurls chunks."  And I would also point out that not every review on Amazon is "Fair and Objective" whether positive or negative. 

I am with Rugnuts in that I read a broad range of stuff from both sides of the isle then make up my own mind.  For example, I am almost finished with "Ameritopia" and so far I am not really all that impressed as I was pretty familiar with most of what the author has covered.  I though his last book was much better.

Here is the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Weapon-Economic-Terrorism-Brought/dp/1596987944/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330370307&sr=8-1

Scroll down for the reviews.

Oops. I completely overlooked the Review tab. Thanks for pointing that out.   :shucks:

Yeah, I know about Amazon. I use that site frequently for all manner of stuff.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 04:06:30 PM »
Oops. I completely overlooked the Review tab. Thanks for pointing that out.   :shucks:

Yeah, I know about Amazon. I use that site frequently for all manner of stuff.

I have had several friends and acquaintances published.  One of the first things I check for on Amazon are the reviews by their family members with different last names or past or present friends and employees.  :-)  And we all know (or should know) about DUAC reviews of authors whom the DUmmies dislike.

Amazon (et al.) has become the new Sears Catalogue for me.  :whistling: If I can buy it on line I do.